Best + Quietest case fans

Mac

they would be pretty quiet and very quiet if you run them at 7volt

I know that people always complain about the Noctua colour scheme, so has anyone ever tried to repaint the fans? As I am curious if there is a way around the brown and cremey colours of a pretty amazing fans.

CPU: i5 2500K 3.3 Ghz GPU: EVGA GTX 550 Ti RAM: 4GB HDD: 200Gb

I know that people always complain about the Noctua colour scheme, so has anyone ever tried to repaint the fans? As I am curious if there is a way around the brown and cremey colours of a pretty amazing fans.
Technically painting the fans could effect their balance, causing more fan noise, but if you got a perfectly even coat it would improve the usefulness of the fans!

Technically painting the fans could effect their balance' date=' causing more fan noise, but if you got a perfectly even coat it would improve the usefulness of the fans![/quote']

I did worry that it would affect there balance, I guess I may attempt it and put a youtube video of it to prove that you can change the colour scheme ;D

CPU: i5 2500K 3.3 Ghz GPU: EVGA GTX 550 Ti RAM: 4GB HDD: 200Gb

I personally like the Corsair AF and SP series of fans.

- Noiseblocker Eloop B12-1 (not B12-2 or higher)

- Noiseblocker Multiframe M12-S1 (not S2 or higher)

- Gentle Typhoon 800RPM/1150RPM (nothing higher)

- Scythe Slipstream 800RPM

- Nexus Real Silent

Noctua might have great performance for their noise output and great build quality, but I think they're more "quiet" than "silent".

where do you buy bequiet fans in canada?

anyone know?

They are HARD to find in Canada. I've never even seen one, and I've looked for a loooong time now.

Scythe/Gentle Typhoon have the best bearings and nice tonality in my experience. Enermax TB Silence is also good in this regard. Silverstone Air Penetrators are nice for radiator/intake fans. Gelids Wings are also nice.

Noctua fans, Gentle Typhoons and anything Be Quiet! has to offer. Be quiet will be available in North America early February. They've had much delay since their expected late 2012 launch.

i would go for Silverstone Air Penetrators or some Noctua fans.

Linus is right about noctua fans...they undervolt by far and away the best. Otherwise, undervolt some Scythe GTs or Silverstone AP121s

Bitfenix Spectre are good, but they're just quiet - not silent.

You can always look at the dB rating of a fan.

20 = silent

25 = quiet

30 = bearable

40 = temporary

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

20 = silent

25 = quiet

30 = bearable

40 = temporary

You can, but it doesn't really help you. A lot of companies are flat-out dishonest with their own dB rating, though even on review sites the dB doesn't tell you anything about the sound characteristics. A quiet clicking is a heck of a lot worse than a 5dB-higher woosh.

Is there a big noise difference between a Noctua NF-P14 and an Arctic Cooling F14 PWM. And do the performance of the Noctua fans motivate the 10 dollar price differ?

20 = silent

25 = quiet

30 = bearable

40 = temporary

I'm sure they would mention a clicking in the review.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

yeah there are some difference the noctua is rated at 19.6dB and the arctic cooling is rated at 24.4dB and for every 3dB the sounds doubles

Will a Noctua NF-P14 with the low noise adapter provide enough airflow for a normal case with a single GPU?

http://www.noiseblocker.de/eLoop120.php they are great and the newest ones from noiseblocker :)

They are great fans but they can produce weird noises when they are setup for pull.

I vote for be quiet! Silentwings 2. Inaudiable at 7V and veeeeery silent at 12V. I'll choose these over Noctuas because they are just as good AND black. However they are only great for your case because they aren't pressure optimised.

yes that is true. the fans can hit the radiator fins/heatsink. but if you place spacers (full frame, nut just washers) between the fan and the rad/heatsink, your problem will be solved.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

Will a Noctua NF-P14 with the low noise adapter provide enough airflow for a normal case with a single GPU?
Yes. It's not a bad fan, but probably not the best you can get either. I use it because it came with my CPU cooler.

to know the face of Dodge is to know madness

Take a look at what I’ve been watching…

I've tried Noctua's P12s in the past. I think it goes without saying that at 12V they're not silent, not even close. They do undervolt very well.

Overall though, I'd have to recommend GTs over Noctuas. Maybe it's just me, but I find them quieter. Generally I think they noise is a deeper tone, over a wider range, so they're a lot more pleasant to listen to than P12s. Maybe the F12s are better, I haven't tried them.

I'm a bit of a quiet freak and I have a big box of at least 30 different models of rejected fans. IMO for low noise fans: Noctua NF, Gentle typhoon(1250 or less), Fractal SSR2 or air penetrators. Eloops are ok if you don't undervolt them, otherwise you get dc motor noise.

Noctua fans can be repainted without making them any louder, though i don't have equipment to test if there is a difference in airflow.

This is from about 3 years ago, when I tried this for what is now my spare PC. I should have used matte black for the frame but you get the idea. Used UV active green over the florescent green and you can see the fan in the back of the case on the second pic.

IMG_0336-1.jpg

IMG_0467-1.jpg

Noctua fans are in my mind the must silenced fans on the market. I have two and i woulden't trade them in for some other fan

Thing about them is I have a window on my case, and the colors are horrible.

I think it might fit in well in an orange case, but not with white LEDs.

For the most part Noctua Fans are the prudent choice. They are renowned for the quality of their product and its ability to perform exceptionally well at virtually inaudible levels. Though one must take into consideration what some of the other members have pointed out which is the color scheme leaves a lot to be desired. Painting is an option but I do not think its viable or worth it considering the trouble and the cost to do it properly; it might also inadvertently hamper the quality/performance of the product. Black is always a safe bet in these situations and the Be Quiet! line of fans are rather good in terms of air flow to noise ratio. The only problem with this solution is the ability to acquire this product if you are in North America. Scythe Fans where another good solution but the series of unfortunate events that lead to the closing of the North American branch has left acquisitions of their fans in the states extremely expensive. Hopefully this is of some help.