Whats wrong with this video

rl249

Hey guys, 

So I was shown this video and I had a feeling in my gut that there's something ridiculously stupid about it. Can someone explain to me how this just doesn't make a performance difference. or does it? I highly doubt it doesn't make a difference but I can't put my finger on why it wont.

Because it's fake?

And he's using Pink Floyd music?

I understand its fake, but I can't think of why it wouldn't work, I'm sort of asking to have it explained to me on how the cpu utilizes its cores

I'm guessing that setting is meant for systems that have multiple physical CPUs? Unless Windows sees multiple cores as individual units rather than a single unit but then combines it into a single unit?

Currently what W8.1 is doing with the A8 6410 is CPUs 0-2 are not parked, CPU 3 is parked. Another peculiar thing is the APU is running at about 1.18GHz I'm guessing this is a power saving feature either on Microsoft's end or Lenovo's end (which is interesting  because it's plugged into the wall atm) 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

that setting is there to turn cores off, not to turn them on. they're all on by default

The default setting would be having the "Number of processors" checkbox unchecked. This will permit all CPUs (cores) to be used. If you set this to 1 then only one core will be used, resulting in impaired performance. There is no practical difference between having the checkbox unchecked and setting this to the number of cores you have. The setting is primarily for testing purposes.

sauce: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/if-i-enable-2-processors-in-msconfig-will-it/18040a88-f09c-40b6-86b8-72778396c7ee