How was your pc building experience?

Ghost

My common mistakes:

• Not putting RAM-sticks in the right slots when using only two RAM sticks.
  • Mounting a cooler, so it's facing the wrong way. (Never really been something that I did because I thought that was the right way to do it, it was more of a mistake, so I had to demount the cooler, and then mount it back on to the mobo again).
  • Forgetting to mount the IO shield. Only to realize I didn't after the build was finished.
  • One time I forgot to turn the switch on the back of my PSU on, so when I tried to turn on the computer i panicked, and was troubleshooting for 30 minutes straight trying to find the issue. I felt like a loon when I realized I didn't flip the switch on the back of the PSU.

An opinion far away from your own can only be seen as madness.

On my very first build ever I wanted to use my old pre built Emachine case, it was then I first learned about different motherboard and case varieties. I was like 15 at the time so whatever lol.

Not knowing which DIMM slots my memory had to go into and freaking out when it didn't post. :)

When I first installed my Hyper 212+ I had the mounting bracket rotated 90 degrees so the heatsink wouldn't sit straight... Sucked having to redo that haha.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Actually, nothing really. I had one problem with the stupid Cooler Master hard drive bays in my old HAF 922 case. Freaking retarded.

Forgetting to plug-in the SATA devices to my motherboard and freaking out as to why my drives don't show up in the BIOS xD

Not really a computer build but, I was setting up a water cooling set up on my xbox 360 and forgot to use stand offs and ground the system. Then I attempted to power it on...didn't end to well

Not getting the the front I/O plugged into the right slots on the motherboard. I had alot of trouble with my power, reset and HDD LED's...

blowing up the computer because i used the red switch on the power supply.

: D

blowing up the computer because i used the red switch on the power supply.

: D

Ooooh noes...

I did many common mistakes like not plugging in the PCI-E connectors and freaking out, thinking that my system is dead.

But my worst mistake of all was in my first watercooling loop. On the website I was buying the parts, they said that my ordered 1/4 nozzles are suitable for my 10mm tubing, which it was, but it was very loose. Lazy me then proceed to build the loop and it was not leaking, but 2 months later, I was swapping my radiator and when It tried to remove my graphics card to empty the loop, the tubing got lose and liquid got all over my fans and my graphics card (7970 btw)

Then I tried to clean the waterblock on the graphics card with tap water in my kitchen, so I glued a tube, connected to the waterblock with the graphics card installed on it, with duck tape, but it got lose and got tapwater all over my Graphics card.

Then I obviously panicked cause I thought the card will be dead. But luckily I dried it off quite good and it is still working till this day.

sorry for my obscure english.

Planned a budget build for my first computer, keep it around $800

Made the mistake of turning it into a $2000 build-___-

Buying cheap stuff from not-so-stable brands. Like Asrock back in 2005 (poor bios), Abit in 2008 (poor driver support).

Lastest upgrades might be lowest for me :P. I changed psu. Forgot to check that all cables on modular psu really are connected -> gpu, hdds and dvd drive didn't start. When changing case, I didn't get where case power buttons was. So in order to check whether everything was working ok I used old case power button.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Few years back when 775 was out I bought a ide CD rom drive. The mobo had only one ide port and it was next to the front panel audio connector at the opposite of the mobo which meant I had to stretch the ribbon cable of the drive right over my brand new 8800GT. Don't get me wrong' it worked just fine, not one for the cable management fans though.

I'm pleasantly surprised that I'm not the only one that has forgotten to plug in the 4 pin motherboard power connector and spend hours wondering why the computer wouldn't post.

I'm pleasantly surprised that I'm not the only one that has forgotten to plug in the 4 pin motherboard power connector and spend hours wondering why the computer wouldn't post.
My friend had the same issue with his first build. Luckily I was on hand at skype to help him out.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Planned a budget build for my first computer, keep it around $800

Made the mistake of turning it into a $2000 build-___-

You always go over. You seem to have gone overboard in your case. :P (No pun intended)

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Buying cheap stuff from not-so-stable brands. Like Asrock back in 2005 (poor bios), Abit in 2008 (poor driver support).

Lastest upgrades might be lowest for me :P. I changed psu. Forgot to check that all cables on modular psu really are connected -> gpu, hdds and dvd drive didn't start. When changing case, I didn't get where case power buttons was. So in order to check whether everything was working ok I used old case power button.

You could have always just shorted the two power pins :)

Not really a computer build but, I was setting up a water cooling set up on my xbox 360 and forgot to use stand offs and ground the system. Then I attempted to power it on...didn't end to well
Would love to see your xbox.

Wrong thermal paste placement. but somehow it still cools great.

and i used a very cheap case which cut my fingers

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

After some cable management forgot to connect the HDD.

Forgetting to put in the I/O shield AFTER you are done wiring

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

I picked up the completed build after boot testing in order to move it under the desk and I dropped it in the process. I bent the case, cracked the mobo (from the weight of the Cooler Master v8) , destroyed two brand new hard drives, and crushed my big toe.

never made a mistake on my first build i did 3 weeks of reading and watching before doing it well i made a single mistake i used nvidia over amd and my card burned out from heat but my 32mb amd agp card was kicking ass even this day it lives