'Batman: Arkham Knight' PC Players Slam Rocksteady Studios' Free Game Compensation Gift [Update 14]

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

2K was responsible for Evolve.

But I'm just saying. Obviously the studio doesn't know what they're doing. Ubisoft might give them work.

Oh yea, my mistake. I also just remembered they did Shadow of Mordor. Guess it's easier to remember the bad ones.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

@LukaP, @GoodBytes

I'm sure you two would have a suggestion or two, but it's insane that so many game devs don't even know OpenMP exists and how easy it can make their lives. And it's laughable that so many games are so poorly optimized on the CPU side.

Im not going to go into the coding part today, because sick, but i can comment on the high level perspective. The reason oMP isnt used (or even just simple C++ threading, is because most programmers in games studios have been there since the beginnings and they didnt need to thread anything then, because they only had one CPU. And then when we started getting more and more possible threads, their companies became big and started relying on a release schedule. What that means is you have very little time to learn new things between development/support cycles. And so it comes to be that while most of them are great programmers in general, fresh blood is needed to bring in ideas for new language features that are useful, but the old garde just hasnt had the time to figure out yet.

Then there is the team aspect. they have to sync between eachother, and it takes time to setup properly for every new API/language they decide to use

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

• 2 weeks later...

Update 14 - "Batman: Arkham Knight's" broken PC port has been problematic since June, and its developers at Rocksteady Studios have offered a gift to those still putting up with its issues. The problem is, many users aren't happy with the compensation.

The news comes to Design & Trend via a post in the "Batman: Arkham" Reddit community and Rocksteady's official announcement from October. It states that PC gamers have essentially been given the "Batman: Arkham Collection" as a token of appreciation. This setup includes complimentary copies of "Batman: Arkham Asylum" "Batman: Arkham City," "Batman: Arkham Origins" and "Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate." The titles are available to those that purchased "Batman: Arkham Knight" before Nov. 16.

Getting four games for the price of one hardly sounds like a raw deal on the surface, but the series' most diehard fans aren't thrilled by the promotion. For one, it's likely that many gamers that bought "Batman: Arkham Knight" might have those older titles in their libraries already. This is especially true since Knight is the final game in Rocksteady's trilogy. In a sense, a person isn't likely to hop into the new entry without spending some time with the previous ones.

Another unquestionable flaw comes in how the free games were delivered. The titles were essentially just dropped into a qualifying user's library without asking them what they'd like to do with the downloads first. Those that already owned the Arkham games feel that they should have had the option to gift the items to a friend. Instead, they were simply given whatever portion of the set wasn't already present.

So if I already owned all of the games, I get nothing? Not even the games put into my inventory so I can give them to friends? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Update 14 - "Batman: Arkham Knight's" broken PC port has been problematic since June, and its developers at Rocksteady Studios have offered a gift to those still putting up with its issues. The problem is, many users aren't happy with the compensation.

The news comes to Design & Trend via a post in the "Batman: Arkham" Reddit community and Rocksteady's official announcement from October. It states that PC gamers have essentially been given the "Batman: Arkham Collection" as a token of appreciation. This setup includes complimentary copies of "Batman: Arkham Asylum" "Batman: Arkham City," "Batman: Arkham Origins" and "Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate." The titles are available to those that purchased "Batman: Arkham Knight" before Nov. 16.

Getting four games for the price of one hardly sounds like a raw deal on the surface, but the series' most diehard fans aren't thrilled by the promotion. For one, it's likely that many gamers that bought "Batman: Arkham Knight" might have those older titles in their libraries already. This is especially true since Knight is the final game in Rocksteady's trilogy. In a sense, a person isn't likely to hop into the new entry without spending some time with the previous ones.

Another unquestionable flaw comes in how the free games were delivered. The titles were essentially just dropped into a qualifying user's library without asking them what they'd like to do with the downloads first. Those that already owned the Arkham games feel that they should have had the option to gift the items to a friend. Instead, they were simply given whatever portion of the set wasn't already present.

So if I already owned all of the games, I get nothing? Not even the games put into my inventory so I can give them to friends? 

they should just sell those keys on g2a or another sites because i'm sure those games aren't tied to their account

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

Huh, no shit. Arkham Origins: Blackgate Deluxe has just suddenly appeared in my games library. Confirmed!

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

You have no questions asked refunds until the end of the year don't you? Why have people actually not refunded that pile of shit yet?

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

You have no questions asked refunds until the end of the year don't you? Why have people actually not refunded that pile of shit yet?

Because underneath the mess of a port, is actually a good game, yes it is broken, but if you have a powerful enough PC you can brute force it to the point where it is perfectly playable.

They need to do a redux version using the Unreal 4 engine, the Unreal 3 engine just isn't suited (hitching, texture streaming) the job for this game.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----