Is it Laziness , Incompetence , a Lack of giving a crap or All of the above?

kenjigreat

How is Arkham Knight allowed to launch on PC in this state is beyond me , I didn't need to play for more than 2 hrs and I already requested a refund from Steam.

Ironically I preordered the CE of this game way back for PS4(5months ago).

I mean seriously , how badly optimized can a game get , Turning on the afterburner on the Batmobile drops 20 FRAMES. The same scene in-doors can fluctuate by 20 frames.

The game itself feels kinda meh but I'm more angry about how badly this game runs on GTX SLI 980s.

I just wonder if Developers just don't give a fuck about making their game run well on PC or are they just bad at their jobs.

snip

I think this is why people prefer Consoles?

Yeah I've seen the reviews, they said a lot about optimization....

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

alot harder to optimize games on pc

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

i was just issued an  nvida graphics driver update it mentions Arkham Knight 

Ooh, okay I see, damn....

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Well that is why pirating exists... You try out the game and if it is good you go buy it. Once we had demos for that but they do not exist anymore unfortunately. I am not saying you should pirate everything and buy nothing but just pirate just so that you try out the product and if it is good buy it. That is what I do any I am not ashamed. That is why I didn't blow my money on Unity because i found out it is shit and many other games. But I did buy many games after I tried them out and found out they were great. The same goes for music which I collect a LOT. I listen to pirated first and if I like it I order an album online :)

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

Think it will be fixed within a few weeks. Best to wait till then and purchase; that way you can enjoy it

That is no excuse!!....they can take more time if they need it instead of giving us crap games. Than you can say oh well it is hard to make an electric car to make long distances and just put in a battery that only lastss for 50 kilometers and say well we ll update in the future.....maybe....maybe not....maybe when we make a new car we will improve it to 51 kilometers.....get my point?

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

I blame patches.

It used to be when you got a game, it was finished or it was a bad game. Now devs are all "lul patch it later idgaf"

I swear gaming gets more depressing each year.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

Requested a refund, how could they ever release this performance turd, thank god that steam has changed its policy regarding refunds.

Except they managed to do it twice without issue. Arkham Asylum and City can run on integrated graphics if you want them to.

So waiting for Rocksteady to sue Valve for refunds and blame them :D

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

So waiting for Rocksteady to sue Valve for refunds and blame them :D

I actually got myself a refund , honestly I planned on buying the game twice , once on PC to while waiting for my PS4 CE to get shipped. But god damn the PC version is horrible.

I heard the PS4 Version is fine so I'll play that when it comes.

I actually got myself a refund , honestly I planned on buying the game twice , once on PC to while waiting for my PS4 CE to get shipped. But god damn the PC version is horrible.

I heard the PS4 Version is fine so I'll play that when it comes.

Bad port is a bad port. It's just annoying how often it happens.

Bad port is a bad port. It's just annoying how often it happens.

Sigh , I seriously hope that Kojima Productions makes a good port for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

Not sure whether its good news or bad news but playing an hr of Arkham Knight before requesting my refund killed my desire to play the game.

I'm not hyped up and my PS4 edition is going to take 2 weeks to arrive.

Sigh , I seriously hope that Kojima Productions makes a good port for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

Not sure whether its good news or bad news but playing an hr of Arkham Knight before requesting my refund killed my desire to play the game.

I'm not hyped up and my PS4 edition is going to take 2 weeks to arrive.

MGSV port? I don't think that's gonna happen, unless it was already announced?

Here's what i think happened... The game was probably build on PS4 or xbone, ran fine there and they finished it there. Then they went to the pc and tried that version on a PC... It probably ran friggin awesome... Then Nvidia probably told them there's no performance loss from gameworks and they just implemented it without testing and shipped the damn thing... and here we are with a crappy piece of shit that i don't want to play anymore.

I ordered the PS4 batmobile edition back in january, that got canceled and i changed my order to the CE. That got delayed and now i read all this crap. Sure the PS4 version is probably fine but still running on 30FPS. Which i don't want. I canceled the whole thing. If they want my money they're gonna have to do a better job of it. I'll maybe grab this piece of shit for 5 euros in some steam sale next year (won't even be 50% off in the holiday sale trust me). I'm gonna avoid gameworks like the fucking plague as well... they can seriously gtfo.

I have no signature

Here's what i think happened... The game was probably build on PS4 or xbone, ran fine there and they finished it there. Then they went to the pc and tried that version on a PC... It probably ran friggin awesome... Then Nvidia probably told them there's no performance loss from gameworks and they just implemented it without testing and shipped the damn thing... and here we are with a crappy piece of shit that i don't want to play anymore.

I ordered the PS4 batmobile edition back in january, that got canceled and i changed my order to the CE. That got delayed and now i read all this crap. Sure the PS4 version is probably fine but still running on 30FPS. Which i don't want. I canceled the whole thing. If they want my money they're gonna have to do a better job of it. I'll maybe grab this piece of shit for 5 euros in some steam sale next year (won't even be 50% off in the holiday sale trust me). I'm gonna avoid gameworks like the fucking plague as well... they can seriously gtfo.

I'll still get the the PS4 CE because its already shipped and I'm too lazy to ship it back, but never again am I buying a PC game from WarnerBros and Rocksteady.

This is a good thing. The power of refunds should clearly speak our views in this matter. Hopefully they are listening.

are the problems with amd cards only or nvidia also?

This is a good thing. The power of refunds should clearly speak our views in this matter. Hopefully they are listening.

are the problems with amd cards only or nvidia also?

Both NVIDIA and AMD. Read the steam user reviews.

And yet, so many developers have managed it just fine for a long, long time. Usually this is a symptom of a deadline from the higher-ups that was far too ambitious for the studio's resources.