Web domain only seen through proxy?

Kizika

I bought web hosting with a domain recently. The trouble is, I can't view it.

After contacting my ISP, and them recommending I put a DNS server on my router (Which I did, OpenDNS), I was still not able to view it.

I just put a proxy server up on my Firefox browser from a "Free Proxy Server" list of some sort, and, to my amazment, I can see the webpage.

My problem is that I need this webpage to be viewable to everyone. If I had problems using my ISP to view the page, then I think that other people will probably have the same problem. is there anything I can do to fix this from the webpage?

How long have you had the domain for? It takes a while to propagate in all of the DNS servers/. 

Sorry, I should have inlcuded that in the OP. It has been more than a week since the domain was registered. Propagation has been finished for a while now.

What happens if you try going to the IP of your page?

It times out. When I try to do "tracert" in the cmd window it also times out.

Hmm, does the traceroute show a few hops then time out?

Where ever it stops is where the problem is.  For some reason there wouldn't be a route at that router to send packets to your page.

I would do another traceroute, then do a whois on the last address to see who it belongs to.

The next step would depend on the result.  For example, if it belongs to your ISP then it would probably be an issue with them.

Yes it shows a hop to my local router and then it came up with an interesting result.
I have DSLExtreme as my internet provider, but AT&T owns the lines that it runs on. 108.206.135.254 is the IP that it stops at. This IP is an AT&T IP.
If I can access the website via a proxy, then I don't see why AT&T is blocking it...this really doesn't make any sense to me.
I can't access this website on a Verizon Fios connection that I had when visiting relatives as well. So this is really making no sense to me.

Something else I just thought of.  Even though it might stop at an address, it might not be that router's fault.  It could be that for some reason your page's address isn't being advertised to them.

When you try to ping the domain name, does it show an ip?

ping www.google.com
Pinging www.google.com [173.194.33.20] with 32 bytes of data:

Here I pinged google, and it shows the address in square brackets.  If it shows that then it's not a DNS problem because the address is being resolved.  If this ping didn't work then it would be due to no route to that address somewhere down the line.

EDIT: The proxy you are using, does that address also belong to AT&T?

Okay, revision to my last post: I am unsure if they use Verizon Fios for their internet.
When I ping the address, it comes up with the IP. (It also gets a 100% packet loss rate)
The proxy I am using is a Yahoo! IP. The Proxy IP is 68.180.195.138.

So, because you can ping off that proxy, it means you have a path to the proxy, and from there to your site.  So it really sounds like the router that has 108.206.135.254 isn't getting a route to your site.  That isn't something set by AT&T, they would be receiving the route via route advertisement from an outside router probably via BGP.  There is my problem, I am just learning about that.  You should try pinging a few other addresses in the same subnet as your website's address.  So if its address is (for example) 8.8.8.8, try pinging 8.8.8.9, or .10.  Of course the subnet mask your server has plays a big role in defining the size of that subnet.  If it uses 255.255.255.0 then anything from .1 to .254 is in that range.  It's possible the address your website has is new, and hasn't been properly configured from the website providers end (although I would think it wouldn't work for lots of users, and would have gotten their attention by now).  You could put your testing together into an email and send it their way, maybe they have a problem with that whole address range.  I would do a whois on the address of your website, in there should be an email address, or some sort of contact info.  Try talking to them, and also the provider of your website (unless your website provider also owns the address, I don't know how that works.)

I'm out for the night, if I think of something else I'll let you know.  If you get it working let me know, I'm quite curious.

-Zac

Change your Domain name servers to Cloudflare they have the best DNS.

"There's no test like production!"

Are we able to get the IP & Domain name of this website?