Which youtubers do you think don't deserve their subscribers and which youtubers deserve more?

asim1999

Jaytztwo cents deserves fewer.

Tek Syndicate deserves more. Much more.

Tek syndicate is honestly garbage.

I'm not such a fan of Jayztwocents. He can't deal with criticism without getting mad and he snaps at people randomly in the comments.

I love PCper. Their GPU reviews are great. Not as much of a selection of games as Techpowerup but they make it up with frame timing and such. I enjoy their podcast too, they have some quirky humor sometimes. I would say their subscriber count is too low. They've been at it for a long time and nobody is recognizing them for some odd reason... I guess one reason is that they focus more on the written articles.

I don't know Tech Yes City that well but I think they conduct some interesting, non-mainstream tests now and then which I appreciate. He has less than 40k subs.

The more I watch Tek Syndicate honestly the less of a fan I am. I think Logan tries too hard to be non-mainstream. And the talk about how consoles are objectively inferior unless you're lazy? That's just messed up and I think he meant the full implication of that statement. And then he goes on and on about how China is awesome, snaps at somebody for saying that it's not, gives everybody a lecture about how staying in a Western hotel for Computex is fucking stupid, like really? Can we get to the tech? And when we get to the tech and the nitty gritty often times it's just Wendell talking and Logan tries to make a joke or two. Unless it's about NSA/etc, but he does get credit for caring before it was popular, that was right on target. I guess I just don't find his videos as funny anymore, since the original video I've watched. And same here, not willing to listen to corrections, for example I have the largest Haswell Overclocking thread anywhere, and when I correct him about Prime not being 'validated or safe' for Haswell, I know what I'm talking about on a pretty decent level. Once he's got nothing left to defend himself he still refuses to acknowledge his mistake in video or even in comments.

LTT is decent, he works hard and manages to pump out a lot of videos, but I feel a lot of his success is riding on top of a lot of young people that enjoy his humor or something. I enjoy the WAN show though. Out of all these channels I listed, probably Tech Yes City and LTT have the best audio reviews. Logan's audio myth video is full of holes and factual inaccuracies he never bothered to correct, BUT it managed to provide relatively correct advice in a field where most other Youtubers get it horribly wrong. But then I see him ask a guy advertising their mobo how many 'ohms' the motherboard can drive and I want to toss a rotten tomato at him. Linus tries to swap headphones quickly and do more proper testing. He doesn't go into the details, but at least that means he can't get them wrong. (Or right.)

Paul's Hardware and Awesomesauce News are still young channels so I can't really say they deserve much more or less.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

IMO a lot of game streamers don't deserve their audience, in particular Pewdiepie. I really like PCPer. Those guys put a tonne of effort into their content and they regularly have industry experts on there plus they have fantastic knowledge of underlying technology. As much as people talk about their bias towards Nvidia, I think they give AMD quite a fair chance too. Also Hardware Canucks are great too.

Edit: With regards to Tek Syndicate, I find their stuff is decent. There are times when their content can be useful and other times when they have this very elitist attitude towards the topic of discussion.

Tek syndicate is honestly garbage.

The more I watch Tek Syndicate honestly the less of a fan I am. I think Logan tries too hard to be non-mainstream. And the talk about how consoles are objectively inferior unless you're lazy? That's just messed up and I think he meant the full implication of that statement. And then he goes on and on about how China is awesome, snaps at somebody for saying that it's not, gives everybody a lecture about how staying in a Western hotel for Computex is fucking stupid, like really? Can we get to the tech? And when we get to the tech and the nitty gritty often times it's just Wendell talking and Logan tries to make a joke or two. Unless it's about NSA/etc, but he does get credit for caring before it was popular, that was right on target. I guess I just don't find his videos as funny anymore, since the original video I've watched. And same here, not willing to listen to corrections, for example I have the largest Haswell Overclocking thread anywhere, and when I correct him about Prime not being 'validated or safe' for Haswell, I know what I'm talking about on a pretty decent level. Once he's got nothing left to defend himself he still refuses to acknowledge his mistake in video or even in comments.

-snip

I just find Tek Syndicate to be entertaining. Granted it caters to a lot of my bias's (in particular, against consoles). I find that a lot of people focus mainly on what Logan says, without talking about what he said to justify what he says (like consoles. The numerous video's he's done about them). Granted he responds to criticism pretty badly, and he isn't as tech savvy as Wendell is, but I still find them entertaining. Some of us watch stuff like The Tek and WAN show for entertainment and not just tech information.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I think Wendell and Qain from Tech Syndicate are the ones to look out for. Logan to me is funny but many don't find humor on what he says so fair enough, but really you outta be watching the tech and the reviews for Wendell and Qain occasionally, they really do know their stuff.

Oh and I hope Pistol restarts WASD eventually, I miss that show they did.

-------

Current Rig

-------

IMO a lot of game streamers don't deserve their audience, in particular Pewdiepie. I really like PCPer. Those guys put a tonne of effort into their content and they regularly have industry experts on there plus they have fantastic knowledge of underlying technology. As much as people talk about their bias towards Nvidia, I think they give AMD quite a fair chance too. Also Hardware Canucks are great too.

Edit: With regards to Tek Syndicate, I find their stuff is decent. There are times when their content can be useful and other times when they have this very elitist attitude towards the topic of discussion.

Pewds? Dont forget LevelCap

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

I think PewDiePie deserves less and CultOfMush and LowSpecGamer deserve more.

CultOfMush is good for build guides and LowSpecGamer puts a lot of effort into his videos.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

CultOfMush is good for build guides and LowSpecGamer puts a lot of effort into his videos.

I love Mush's videos, i started watching him a year ago when he only had 10-15K subs 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

why are you here then ? 

Do we have to spell it out for you? ***ALERT, ALERT, SARCASM DETECTED AT LINUSTECHTIPSDOTCOM... just....

Do we have to spell it out for you? ***ALERT, ALERT, SARCASM DETECTED AT LINUSTECHTIPSDOTCOM... just....

i was being sarcastic back if you didn't notice

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

The tech report deserves to be one of the most subscribed to channels, they go in depth with hardware more than just about any other site, and do not come off as biased heavilt in favor of nvidia.

Ryan tries to damp his own nvidia favoritism, to his credit, but it still comes through in off comments like not caring that gameworks makes nvidia run better at the expense of amd.  Scott Wassan from tech report goes into more of the nuts and bolts of why certain gameworks titles and other games favor nvidia vs amd and vice versa based on chard architecture and focus.  Far more satisfying than the general attitude you get from others of... "because nvidia"  as they drop down on bended knee in fealty.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

LevelCap is a pile of horse crap. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

EnzoKnol

He's the Dutch asshole YouTube-vlogger. 

When on YouTube at a random PC, like in school, EnzoKnol will be advertised on the homepage of YouTube.

The Netherlands doesn't have many big channels that attract solely Dutch audiences so YouTube LOVES him for that reason, so they can direct certain advertisements at JUST Dutch people. He makes a lot of money because of that very reason.

He's a douchebag with misleading titles, the same stupid face on every thumbnail, nothing but bullshit comes from his mouth and way too many people watch him.

If I was at an abandoned building, with EnzoKnol and a syringe to cure aids with only 1 shot in it that could be cloned if I brought it to scientists, I would stab his head with it until he died.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

i was being sarcastic back if you didn't notice

Actually, your sarcasm was really unclear, and i highly doubt you were being sarcastic, your comment seemed serious, unlike the other guys...

I actually think there's not many great game streamers. My favourite is GameGrumps and they're amazing but there aren't very many who are really good.

VanosGaming deserve less.

Their videos are just full of their own random laughs and swears

but that's just my thought

Desktop:

CPU : i5 4440 | Motherboard : Gigabyte B85M-D3H | RAM : Kingstone HyperX blu 4GB x2 | GPU : Asus R9 280X DC II Top [RIP 2017] | PSU : Corsair VS 550W | Display(s) : Dell S2240L | Mouse : Logitech G400s | Operating System : Windows 7 64bit

Laptop:

Acer Predator Helios 300 (CPU: Intel Core i5 7300HQ | GPU: GTX 1050ti | RAM: 16GB RAM | Operating System: Windows 10 64bit)

This topic is highly driven by personal preferences, but if I had to choose I would pick LTT [cause why not?]

• 4 weeks later...

PewDiePiePewDiePiePewDiePiePewDiePiePewDiePiePewDiePiePewDiePiePewDiePiePewDiePiePewDiePiePewDiePiePewDiePiePewDiePiePewDiePiePewDiePiePewDiePiePewDiePiePewDiePie

You guys might not know him, but STAR_ has to be one of my favorite gaming YouTubers. If you're going to make a gaming video, make it entertaining at least.

Linus is my favorite YouTuber overall.

Star is good, but his activity just kind of plummeted...he does some amazing stuff with jerma, I still go back every month or so to the GTA 4 episode "One day I'll die from laughter" for the opening scene...just amazing.

PC Specs: CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.5Ghz (Cooled by Corsair H100i) GPU: 780ti (RIP) Mobo: Asus Z87-A Storage: 2x Samsung 850 pro (128GB) seagate SSHD (2TB) PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Peripherals Keyboard: CM storm cherry blues Mouse: Razer deathadder 

This topic is highly driven by personal preferences, but if I had to choose I would pick LTT [cause why not?]

Cos they moved to Vessel 

EnzoKnol

He's the Dutch asshole YouTube-vlogger. 

When on YouTube at a random PC, like in school, EnzoKnol will be advertised on the homepage of YouTube.

The Netherlands doesn't have many big channels that attract solely Dutch audiences so YouTube LOVES him for that reason, so they can direct certain advertisements at JUST Dutch people. He makes a lot of money because of that very reason.

He's a douchebag with misleading titles, the same stupid face on every thumbnail, nothing but bullshit comes from his mouth and way too many people watch him.

If I was at an abandoned building, with EnzoKnol and a syringe to cure aids with only 1 shot in it that could be cloned if I brought it to scientists, I would stab his head with it until he died.

True, he seems like the guy who had the first case of AIDS 

I love mush, i started watching him when he only had 15K subs 

The one that ticks me off is FrankieonPCin1080p. He has been caught using hacks on stream and in his videos and people still blindly follow him. Then he issued a DMCA takedown against someone pointing out cheats and citing evidence, and if you're a content creator you know just how foul a false DMCA claim is. Totalbiscuit even did a podcast on it and just blasted the guy. Bottomline: he's a hacking manipulative douchebag that for some reason still has a large and loyal following who believe his lies.

https://m.soundcloud.com/totalbiscuit/cs-lies-and-videotape-frankieonpc-censors-csboxr-with-a-false-copyright-claim

Edit: youtube takedown claim not DMCA, whoops.

Don't - PewDiePie

Used to make good videos, now they suck

Deserve More = I'd have to go for someone like Ashens, who puts effort into their videos.

The one that ticks me off is FrankieonPCin1080p. He has been caught using hacks on stream and in his videos and people still blindly follow him. Then he issued a DMCA takedown against someone pointing out cheats and citing evidence, and if you're a content creator you know just how foul a false DMCA claim is.

I don't like him, but he was in a private server for the bhops, making it possible. Also, he claimed that the DMCA was by someone he hires, which nobody can disprove (but he can't really prove either).

Pewdewpie - deserves nothing and no one and I hope he loses internet permanantly

Penguinz0 - deserves more subscribers, donates all profits to charity and makes funny videos

DDOS HIM M8. Let's do it freal

Python/C# Programming

Code to learn, don't learn to code. -Napalm