How to fix or reduce micro stuttering in every game

Yes read the very first post in this thread. I tried to quote it but its on another page.

ah I havent been back there in a while.  I forgot that is what this was written for since I used it for windows 8.1

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

ah I havent been back there in a while.  I forgot that is what this was written for since I used it for windows 8.1

Yeah if I remember correctly this makes SLI configs run more smooth? I guess who knows lol

I have no words. I've had insane stuttering in GTA V since release. I've mentioned it in tons of threads and no one has had a fix. I did this and POOF, I load in and no stuttering. All I can say is thanks for the post and even more thanks for bumping it otherwise I would have never seen it. 

If anyone knows why this somehow works please explain it to me, i'm really curious now. 

all it does it just decreases latence :D used same trick when was on win 10 :D it actually works

Yeah if I remember correctly this makes SLI configs run more smooth? I guess who knows lol

I'm using sli but this also works with single gpu systems as people have stated earlier in this thread.

I have no words. I've had insane stuttering in GTA V since release. I've mentioned it in tons of threads and no one has had a fix. I did this and POOF, I load in and no stuttering. All I can say is thanks for the post and even more thanks for bumping it otherwise I would have never seen it. 

If anyone knows why this somehow works please explain it to me, i'm really curious now. 

I'm glad I could help you. It would be awesome if this would be pinned so anyone could see it.

I'm using sli but this also works with single gpu systems as people have stated earlier in this thread.

yes yes yes! Made a night and day difference for my gtx960 and helped quite a bit on my 980 which surprised me (tried turning the feature on and off and it was making a difference) Will try it with my single 980ti when it arrives

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

It has worked for me too, it has made fifa and pro evo nice and responsive and smooth, GTA V nice and smooth in windows 10, not tested lots of games, but the ones i have tested i haven't noticed any stutter.

Generally my PC is a touch more responsive too.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Worked for me in Windows 8.1 and now Windows 10 with my SLI setup. This post needs to be a sticky.

I have a potato!

@Wingfan  could we get some sticky?

@Wingfan  could we get some sticky?

I was just about to ask if you guys knew any mods who could do it  :D

I was just about to ask if you guys knew any mods who could do it :D

I've never asked anyone too before so hopefully that is an ok way to do it :) they might not thou

This helped me to get rid of micro stuttering in GTA 5 on Windows 10 so I thought I should share it.

I don't know if many people knew about this but hopefully it helps you guys out.

Damn..!! Why didn't anyone post this a long time ago! I'll try it after office.

Really Can't wait to try this.

I hope it will reduce stutter on witcher 3 which is quite awful.

I hope it will give a better experience with my old GTX 780

I'll try this out. SLI on GTA is aweful, especially online.

But i've to admit that this is the only game that's like that ... The witcher 3 runs perfectly smooth.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

• 3 months later...

Does this work on windows 7?

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

Does this work on windows 7?

Tried commands,they dont.And yes,I checked for any syntax mistakes.Guess its just for 8.1 and 10.

Shark Rampage V: AMD FX-4350 @ 4.5GHz(1.404 Volts) / Hyper 212 Evo / Gigabyte 750Ti (1405MHz Core,3200MHz Memory @ stock voltage) / Kington HyperX Fury 8 Gigs 1866MHz Dual channel / ASUS M5A97 R2.0 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM / 850Evo 250GB / XFX TS 550w 80+ Bronze Sharkoon VG4-W

I wonder if that would work for Skyrim with 200 mods on top? The game does stutter quite a lot. I don't know if it is the GPU that can't handle all the 2K textures (which I am sure the GTX 980 should be able to give 90FPS @ 2K resolution) or is it something from the game. The GPU load is 50% going up to 60%.

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

Tried commands,they dont.And yes,I checked for any syntax mistakes.Guess its just for 8.1 and 10.

Only one of the commands works on 7 but that one didn't seem to have any effect so it works only on 8 and 10.

I wonder if that would work for Skyrim with 200 mods on top? The game does stutter quite a lot. I don't know if it is the GPU that can't handle all the 2K textures (which I am sure the GTX 980 should be able to give 90FPS @ 2K resolution) or is it something from the game. The GPU load is 50% going up to 60%.

My guess is that it won't help with that but you can try it. It won't do any harm so there's nothing to lose.

My guess is that it won't help with that but you can try it. It won't do any harm so there's nothing to lose.

2870961.jpg

At least my laptop has windows 8.1

2870961.jpg

At least my laptop has windows 8.1

free Windows 10 upgrade?

free Windows 10 upgrade?

Planning to store it into my flash drive for future use....The reason I am not getting windows 10 is because it might cause more problems with my games than good

Im debating whether or not I should get Win 10 for my new SSD when I finally get it,had some problems with the upgrade.

Shark Rampage V: AMD FX-4350 @ 4.5GHz(1.404 Volts) / Hyper 212 Evo / Gigabyte 750Ti (1405MHz Core,3200MHz Memory @ stock voltage) / Kington HyperX Fury 8 Gigs 1866MHz Dual channel / ASUS M5A97 R2.0 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM / 850Evo 250GB / XFX TS 550w 80+ Bronze Sharkoon VG4-W