How to fix or reduce micro stuttering in every game

Edit: This is proven to work and you should enable these commands by default even if you might not have any problems at the moment.

This helped me to get rid of micro stuttering in GTA 5 on Windows 10 so I thought I should share it.

1. Run cmd as administrator

2. Type (bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes)

3. Profit?

I don't know if many people knew about this but hopefully it helps you guys out.

I'm going to give this a try and see if it helps on the 960, stutter is one of the only drawbacks for it otherwise it plays really well (even thou I'm switching to 980 this week).  seems like others have had some luck with it.  at least the dynamic tick

EDIT: helped a ton on my gtx 960! thanks man  I have settings on high except textures and reflections are very high (no reflection aa). ext shadowson and ext distance scaling at 30%.  gpu oc'd to 1525mhz core 8000mhz mem

This helped me to get rid of micro stuttering in GTA 5 on Windows 10 so I thought I should share it.

-snip-

I don't know if many people knew about this but hopefully it helps you guys out.

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

I'm going to give this a try and see if it helps on the 960, stutter is one of the only drawbacks for it otherwise it plays really well (even thou I'm switching to 980 this week).  seems like others have had some luck with it.  at least the dynamic tick

I'm using Titan X's and I still got a lot of stuttering. Hopefully this fixes it for you.

I'm using Titan X's and I still got a lot of stuttering. Hopefully this fixes it for you.

ya helped a lot. very noticeable difference

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

ya helped a lot. very noticeable difference

I'm glad I could help you.

I'm glad I could help you.

me too!

Tested with i5 4570 and GTX 970.

I don't really know how to identify micro-stuttering, but it feels smoother 

Now... What this exactly do?

Tried it. Didn't fix anything unfortunately:(

Fractal R5, i7 4790k, 16gb Corsair vengeance pro, Evo 212, XFX r9 290x Black. STUTTERING!!!!

I don't know how?  I don't know why?  But this actually worked for me.  Thanks!!!!!!

I have a potato!

I cant even see the video since I'm at work, but I also do have Titan X.

Can someone please list out the things in text so that I can take a sneak peak before I have to wait hours to get back home?

Is this only on Windows 10 where you're getting stuttering in GTA V? Because it's butter smooth for me on Windows 7 with a GTX 970 and a Xeon E3-1231v3.

I cant even see the video since I'm at work, but I also do have Titan X.

Can someone please list out the things in text so that I can take a sneak peak before I have to wait hours to get back home

All it is: 

Run CMD Prompt as Administrator

Type in two commands and that's it!

I am running Windows 8.1.  Since I have upgraded to the 980 Ti setup, I have been encountering a lot of microstutters within the game.  Did not have this problem with my old 980 SLI setup.  I don't know why it works but it removed 95% of the stuttering.  The in game menu when you access the map still stutters horribly.  At least during game play, I noticed a significant improvement.

I have a potato!

All it is: 

Run CMD Prompt as Administrator

Type in two commands and that's it!

I am running Windows 8.1.  Since I have upgraded to the 980 Ti setup, I have been encountering a lot of microstutters within the game.  Did not have this problem with my old 980 SLI setup.  I don't know why it works but it removed 95% of the stuttering.  The in game menu when you access the map still stutters horribly.  At least during game play, I noticed a significant improvement.

1. Thanks for the sneak peak.

2. Thats quite odd. Usually SLi is the culprit of most micro stutters. Had a SLi setup myself before (2 systems 680 and 780Ti), and they always had microstutter (sometimes hard to notice but definitely there). When it gets severe in games, I had to disable SLi and use single card only to avoid issues.

1. Thanks for the sneak peak.

2. Thats quite odd. Usually SLi is the culprit of most micro stutters. Had a SLi setup myself before (2 systems 680 and 780Ti), and they always had microstutter (sometimes hard to notice but definitely there). When it gets severe in games, I had to disable SLi and use single card only to avoid issues.

Did it work for you?

I have a potato!

Tried it. Didn't fix anything unfortunately:(

Are you using Windows 7 or 8?

Is this only on Windows 10 where you're getting stuttering in GTA V? Because it's butter smooth for me on Windows 7 with a GTX 970 and a Xeon E3-1231v3.

I think this also works on Windows 8. Disabledynamictick was the command which fixed the stuttering for me. It is only available in Windows 8 and 10.

I'm going to give this a try and see if it helps on the 960, stutter is one of the only drawbacks...

I didnt know X60 still has the stutter problem, thats very dissapointing.

Dafuq Nvidia ?!

I want to move to X70 next year, it better be perfect.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

This solved the Pentium g3258 problem on GTA 5 for me

Mmm... I don't even notice anything wrong with GTA V on a single 780 1440p... but thanks for sharing, will read a bit more.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

does this work with windows 10? 

Edit oops nvm just found out

does this work with windows 10? 

Edit oops nvm just found out

now im curious.  lol  does it?

now im curious.  lol  does it?

Yes read the very first post in this thread. I tried to quote it but its on another page.

He says This helped me to get rid of micro stuttering in GTA 5 on Windows 10 so I thought I should share it.