How Happy Were You With the Summer Sale?

chicksoup

Now that the Steam Summer Sale is coming to an end I wanted to ask you guys what your feelings were about it. Did you get some decent deals, was it what you expected, were you dissapointed with the deals?

Personally I feel like the sale wasn't as big as two years ago and it has been gradually becoming less significant to me, because they have so many intermediate sales now. Nevertheless I bought a few games I was planning on buying anyways, but no impulse buys this year.

Would love to hear about your experiences.

Not happy at all, I had no money for the sale.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Now that the Steam Summer Sale is coming to an end I wanted to ask you guys what your feelings were about it. Did you get some decent deals, was it what you expected, were you dissapointed with the deals?

Personally I feel like the sale wasn't as big as two years ago and it has been gradually becoming less significant to me, because they have so many intermediate sales now. Nevertheless I bought a few games I was planning on buying anyways, but no impulse buys this year.

$4.99 GMOD FUCK YEAH

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

Very disappointed.

Did not buy anything, because the deals were 'meh' at most for the games on my wishlist. 

EDIT:

This shows how I felt about the Steam Summer Sales this year:

ekkXix2.gif

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

$4.99 GMOD FUCK YEAH

*mumbles something about how I got gmod for 2.50 euros..*

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Watch_dogs was less of a let down than the steam sale.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Heavily disappointed.

I feel betrayed!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Can't really blame valve though. Games these days have been shit and good games like GTA 5 didn't go on sale. Ryze son of rome was pretty good for $6.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I felt that the Steam Summer sale wasn't that great to be honest. Not many popular games where on sale that I liked and I think that this year was kind of disappointing.

I bought a number of things, but most of what I wanted was barely reduced and therefore not worth buying. I would honestly say it was the most disappointing sale so far, not helped at all by the GTA 5 debacle.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Nothing to buy, as there's not been good releases for awhile and I've already got what I wanted from ages ago.  only thing I bought is Shadows of Mordor cos I pirated it once to see how well it played on my PC, then uninstalled cos I wanted to buy it.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

*Cough* when you have 1000+ hours on it lel

i was pretty fucking happy, all the games i wanted to get were on sale at good prices.

here is what i got

• recettear: an item shop's tale
  • borderlands the presequel
  • battlefield bad company 2
  • hyperdimension 2
  • final fantasy 7
  • the book of legends
  • the legend of heros
  • fallout 3
  • transistor
  • if my heart had wings
  • Ys origin

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I bought Car Mechanic Simulator, Blade Symphony, DayZ, GTA V, Insurgency, and more lel

Got my for like ~1.5 :D

Magical Pineapples

Even if everything was 80% off, there was only one game I actually liked and wanted to get out of all the games on Steam (COD4)

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

I'm poor and have no money, so I was not impressed with it.

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

This year when i finally had  enough money to buy games there weren't any great deals  :( Regardless i spent close to 40$ and still not satisfied because i have no time to play them  :mellow:

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

i picked up a fair few games, stuff that i had missed having not been a part of the pcmaster race... since i have a desktop pc now i am aiming to catch up with everyone in the games department....

I might buy Stanley parable in a hour or so. Other than that meh.

I didn't think it was too bad.. i think last year was worse. But it still irritates me when games are just like 'sale' when its only like £0.10/$/ whatever your currency is.

This year when i finally had  enough money to buy games there weren't any great deals  :( Regardless i spent close to 40$ and still not satisfied because i have no time to play them  :mellow:

gutted