I converted a peasant...Observations after 4 weeks

Linusinium

Then let them look like bell ends if they enjoy the humour then whatever. No need to shit on someone for helping out a friend who was clearly interested in PC gaming from the start.  

You see, but you don't know that until you read on.

The title alone is just having a dig at consoles. Open your eyes and see what's in front of you.

Title should be helped a friend who wanted to get into pc gaming. This way you know, a good story is coming.

But no, the title is converted a peasant.

Like I've said in previous posts, what he done was actually a good thing, the way he went about telling the story was twatty.

He's even going as far as being a bellend to his mate, purely because he was a console gamer...this is what I am pointing out.

There's no need for it.

I suppose racism will be allowed next?

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

You see, but you don't know that until you read on.

The title alone is just having a dig at consoles. Open your eyes and see what's in front of you.

Title should be helped a friend who wanted to get into pc gaming. This way you know, a good story is coming.

But no, the title is converted a peasant.

Like I've said in previous posts, what he done was actually a good thing, the way he went about telling the story was twatty.

He's even going as far as being a bellend to his mate, purely because he was a console gamer...this is what I am pointing out.

There's no need for it.

I suppose racism will be allowed next?

How was his story twatty, and how was he being a bellend to his mate? By calling him a peasant? This whole affair seems to stem from taking everything literally, of course everything is going to be offensive when you ignore the context. The title was blatantly intended to be humorous and should be taken as such, just because someone doesn't like/understand the joke doesn't automatically make the teller a dick.

As much as I hate to say it, it was just banter.

And no genuine racism/homophobia/whatever shouldn't be allowed, however when used in certain contexts its fine. I don't get but-hurt when a mate takes the piss out of my sexuality by calling me a fag, I know that he's just messing around and that's fine. That sort of thing is acceptable.   

It's a similar story here, PC Master race is a bloody joke, a meme. If you honestly take it seriously (as in consoles/console players are genuinely inferior) then you're a bit of a twat. But that clearly not what the OP meant.

Again as much as I hate using the word, it was just banter.         

So theres a community. And you also farm?

When the going gets weirdthe weird turn pro.

No, seriously. Stop the madness. Why ppl are so keen to participate when bets are next to nothing.. Try.. dunno, like building community and get ppl goddamn pcs.

When the going gets weirdthe weird turn pro.

How was his story twatty, and how was he being a bellend to his mate? By calling him a peasant? This whole affair seems to stem from taking everything literally, of course everything is going to be offensive when you ignore the context. The title was blatantly intended to be humorous and should be taken as such, just because someone doesn't like/understand the joke doesn't automatically make the teller a dick.

And no genuine racism/homophobia/whatever shouldn't be allowed, however when used in certain contexts its fine. I don't get but-hurt when a mate takes the piss out of my sexuality by calling me a fag, I know that he's just messing around and that's fine. That sort of thing is acceptable.   

It's a similar story here, PC Master race is a bloody joke, a meme. If you honestly take it seriously (as in consoles/console players are genuinely inferior) then you're a bit of a twat. But that clearly not what the OP meant.

Being a bellend to his mate by calling him a peasant.

The story started off twatty thanks to the title. 

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Being a bellend to his mate by calling him a peasant.

The story started off twatty thanks to the title. 

Eh that really just seems to be you taking the PC master race thing to seriously. I just don't see how using a tongue in cheek phase makes him a bellend at all.  

Eh that really just seems to be you taking the PC master race thing to seriously. I just don't see how using a tongue in cheek phase makes him a bellend at all.  

Well frankly, I do take the master race thing seriously.

It's horrible to build a pc and then see pc masterace console peasants everywhere.

Youtube comments are full of bellends just constantly giving console users shit.

Then that word gets thrown about, peasant. So I see pc users giving console users some serious shit and then I see this users calling his friend the same name...

This is why I've sort of been on the fence of going all the way one or another.

Because many PCMR members do attack consoles but it's as if preference isn't a thing. 

Personally I don't choose to take sides, these are companies we're talking about. It's rather ridiculous to religiously love a company.

I like some of what Sony does, I also like what some of what LG, Apple, Motorola, and so on. does.  

Personally I think when I build my PC, I'll also buy a PS4. Why? Because most of my friends play on PSN also a couple of the

exclusives to the PS4 [bloodborne, The Last of Us, Etc.]. 

I agree PCs are technically superior to consoles, however that doesn't warrant the hate that many PC purist have.

Similar story for the unwarranted Apple hate, sure Macs cost more and sure OS X doesn't have as much flexibility or certain program/app support.  

However where OS X shines is the fact that it has no fragmentation

and better support since Apple makes both the hardware and software and it just in general gets out of the way when you need to do work. Though Windows shines in the fact that you have more control over what you can do but at the same time Windows often isn't as reliable or as secure [OS X can get viruses too, but there aren't as many of them]. 

Either-way if your friend was happy on their console, that's sort of a douche-bag move to say that they're wrong just because they don't

play on the same platform as you. 

I think that, this is almost comparable to a homophobe telling a gay person that they're wrong because they're different. That is intolerable and impolite. 

/rantover

Your use of indents made my nipples hard.  I could stand to see a lot more of it.

Your use of indents made my nipples hard.  I could stand to see a lot more of it.

I mean I don't usually use the formatting tools to separate paragraphs and make it look a bit more grammatically corrected. So eh okay then.  :lol:

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Well frankly, I do take the master race thing seriously.

It's horrible to build a pc and then see pc masterace console peasants everywhere.

Youtube comments are full of bellends just constantly giving console users shit.

Then that word gets thrown about, peasant. So I see pc users giving console users some serious shit and then I see this users calling his friend the same name...

Yeah Ill give you that, those who genuinely believe the whole PC master race thing are cancerous twats. They're also ignorant as fuck seeing as the term "PC master race" started as a youtuber taking the piss out of pc users false sense of superiority.     

Yeah Ill give you that, those who genuinely believe the whole PC master race thing are cancerous twats. They're also ignorant as fuck seeing as the term "PC master race" started as a youtuber taking the piss out of pc users false sense of superiority.     

This is what pisses me off about it, the anger isn't exactly from this forum but rather all over the internet.

I see really hateful comments towards console users because of the choice of platform.

If the scene wasn't in this state then yeah, I would see it as banter, but because of what I see, I do not.

Hence why I'm always quick to snap at the who peasant thing.

I am far more of a peasant with a PC than anyone else i know who owns a console...

But i own both consoles and PC's.

AMD Phenom II B55 Quad / unlocked dual core 4.3ghz CB R15 = CB 422
XFX R9 390 8GB MY RIG: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/MVwQsY
Fastest 7770 on LTT . 3rd Fastest Phenom II Quad on LTT

PCSX2 on AMD CPU? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/412377-pcsx2-emulator-4096x2160-amd-phenom-ii/#entry5550588

Can we stop these threads? Most people who indulge in this circle jerk of 'converting peasants' actually only became PC gamers a few years ago themselves. It's pretty sad and I've seen hundreds of them in the past couple of years. Real PC Gamers don't really give a shit if people use consoles.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

I appreciate that someone was able to finally afford a PC when they have wanted one but man do I hate this PCMR crap. It isn't funny, it is just incredibly annoying and childish. I left online gaming on consoles to avoid the 13 year old boys screaming yo mama jokes, crying about their fanboyish and left for their idiocy. I was told it didn't exist on PC gaming. What a huge and ugly lie. It is far more rampant on PC gaming than it is on console gaming.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

You nailed it, all of it but it's sad that you had to break it down, that should have been self-explanatory. If for no other reason, logic should kick in here, why would I give someone a $300+ PC if I truly felt hatred for him?

Feel like I have to chime in on the whole PCMR thing since I got called out for it in here:

I remember when it all started, Yahtzee was trying to make a point about PC elitists, initially I thought it was brilliant that people went with "the insult" rather than try to deflect but what it evolved into over the years is a turn off to say the least.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

not sure why everyone is bitching and crying about op calling his friend a peasant

maybe he meant it in a fun way?

Main PC: 4690k // Z97 // R9 280 3GB // 8gb Ram // CM Elite 430 Case // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Living Room "Console" PC: FX 8350 // 990a SLI Krait // R7 360 // 8gb Ram // HAF 912 // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Future Plans:

find a 2nd monitor at a pawn shop

Sell/giveaway R7 360, move r9 280 into console PC, buy a better GPU for main PC.