What is happening to our world.

LukaP

I'm 16

You have some good years to go, you are still very much developing your understanding of the world.  You usually get taught how it should work, but you have to start seeing if that is true or not.  A lot of the time, people do the wrong thing.  A lot of the time, those people are responsible for many other people (Politican).  Add in wars, and ... I don't know how far to go.

I'm 16

edit: I do understand that there is no-one to stop the government from doing something they want unless its full of good people (which is very unlikely to happen)

Here in Canada, we don't really have a Democracy.  We have "Democratic Elections" every five years.  The rest is decided by money, and elections are kind of decided by money as well.

Money controls the government, so they can control the laws.  If you can control the lawmaking, then no matter what you want to do... it is always legal.  In chess, that is a check-mate.

snip

Chaos is going to be even worse when we run out of oil.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Doubt that will happen any time soon. Especially with synthetics becoming more and more popular. Considering the automation thing is going to happen within the next 20 years or so, I'd look for that to cause chaos a lot sooner.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Doubt that will happen any time soon. Especially with synthetics becoming more and more popular. Considering the automation thing is going to happen within the next 20 years or so, I'd look for that to cause chaos a lot sooner.

Oil companies are fighting hard against it, It's going to be the super rich people that has access to oil and the commoners will have to deal without all of a sudden.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Here in Canada, we don't really have a Democracy.  We have "Democratic Elections" every five years.  The rest is decided by money, and elections are kind of decided by money as well.

Money controls the government, so they can control the laws.  If you can control the lawmaking, then no matter what you want to do... it is always legal.  In chess, that is a check-mate.

That's exactly how it is in every government that has ever called itself just or democratic. When it all comes down to the wire (and believe me, it will), I want to be far, far away from it as possible, as early as possible, because the first thing that happens to a collapsing society is that what is left of the government will execute martial law. when that happens, all dreams of a stable, democratic society are gone forever. Countries under martial law are indistinguishable from totalitarian regimes. Trust me, when America, a huge country with the most expensive military on the planet, goes down the drain, it's gonna start with that and it will never recover. If you suspect that it is on the verge of taking place in your country, I would suggest leaving and never going back until it recovers, if it recovers. Sell your house, buy a sailboat and head for the sea.

Oil companies are fighting hard against it, It's going to be the super rich people that has access to oil and the commoners will have to deal without all of a sudden.

That is why wood gas. Filter it properly and you can use it in place of petrol :D

That is why wood gas. Filter it properly and you can use it in place of petrol :D

We need to be careful about cutting down forests for gas when we have global warming as a big issue too.

We need to be careful about cutting down forests for gas when we have global warming as a big issue too.

we're cutting them down anyway and not using very much of the excess. Wood gas burns much more cleanly, not nearly as many emissions.  great in emergencies at any rate, especially if the oil supply gets reserved for the wealthy.

So any predictions on when all this shit is going to go down? (sorry if it was posted already, might have missed it)

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

That's exactly how it is in every government that has ever called itself just or democratic. When it all comes down to the wire (and believe me, it will), I want to be far, far away from it as possible, as early as possible, because the first thing that happens to a collapsing society is that what is left of the government will execute martial law. when that happens, all dreams of a stable, democratic society is gone forever. Countries under martial law are indistinguishable from totalitarian regimes. Trust me, when America, a huge country with the most expensive military on the planet, goes down the drain, it's gonna start with that and it will never recover. If you suspect that it is on the verge of taking place in your country, I would suggest leaving and never going back until it recovers, if it recovers. Sell your house, buy a sailboat and head for the sea.

I'm so very happy to see someone else who is knowledgeable about this sort of thing, on the forums.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

So any predictions on when all this shit is going to go down? (sorry if it was posted already, might have missed it)

Does it matter?  Understanding the problem is the most important part.  Are you so ready to give up?  We are capable of doing more to benefit our existence than ever before.  If social catastrophe becomes real, most of the progress we have made so far comes to a grinding halt.

Research and development becomes controlled by the central authority and it's main focus will be to... control people, physically and mentally.  You don't want this shit to go down, not at our level of tech.   Serious stuff.

If you think WWI and WWII were for something important... the stakes just got a shitload higher.

What makes you think that I'll be worse? I only use oil to lubricate my bikes' chains, and any vegetable oil or even grease will do

Does it matter? Understanding the problem is the most important part. Are you so ready to give up? We are capable of doing more to benefit our existence than ever before. If social catastrophe becomes real, most of the progress we have made so far comes to a grinding halt.

Research and development becomes controlled by the central authority and it's main focus will be to... control people, physically and mentally. You don't want this shit to go down, not at our level of tech. Serious stuff.

If you think WWI and WWII were for something important... the stakes just got a shitload higher.

Oh I don't want to give up, its just at my age I can't to anything about it so I guess I just sit here and wait. I've been following this topic since 2008 and try to get my point across but all I get is "Everything is going to be ok." But they say jokingly "Yep you guys are the ones going to be paying off our country's debt." Scary stuff and from what I can tell its going to happen in September (from what everyone is saying) and all I can do is sit and wait? I really wish I could do something and if so what?

What makes you think thatI'll be worse? I only use oil to lubricate my bikes' chains, and any vegetable oil or even grease will do

We will begin mass harvesting crops for fuel and leave nothing behind for human consumption.

Oh I don't want to give up, its just at my age I can't to anything about it so I guess I just sit here and wait. I've been following this topic since 2008 and try to get my point across but all I get is "Everything is going to be ok." But they say jokingly "Yep you guys are the ones going to be paying off our country's debt." Scary stuff and from what I can tell its going to happen in September (from what everyone is saying) and all I can do is sit and wait? I really wish I could do something and if so what?

September?  How did you get to that conclusion?  I am just curious.  :)

September? How did you get to that conclusion? I am just curious. :)

I don't remember exactly but I overherd some family member talking about it. Had a good reason thought.

I don't remember exactly but I overherd some family member talking about it. Had a good reason thought.

The USA has been propping up their economy using military means since the 1950s... they knew back then that the system (monetary) would fail eventually.  This is really not rocket science.  They bully governments to give up their inherently valuable resources in exchange for everything from armaments to inherently valueless currency (USD).  It is a shell game with no nut under any of the cups.  They use resources to tout the dollar across the globe, completely dependent on governments doing what they are told to do.  Can you say bye bye Iraq?  Saddam was not listening.

In the end, the USA has it's military... and when the debt collectors come, the USA can flip them off.  Imagine a loan shark coming to collect money you borrowed, but he's alone and unarmed.  You used the money to buy a few weapons.  "Not today buddy, I don't feel like paying".  Eventually it can bite you in the ass when he goes and gets friends... but for now, you have the upper hand.

Suffice to say, the true shit storm may never happen.  In the end money is worthless.  If the economy goes bust, maybe... MAYBE... everyone will get off there asses and out of their offices and make survival a worthwhile endeavor.  We would have a huge advantage over our ancestors, that of knowledge.  We should fight to keep that.

I have searched for answers for years on this type of stuff, I just want to know.  I have listened to awesome lectures, I have listened to not-so-awesome lectures.  I have investigated publicly available budgets, just to see what what governments spend money on.  Anything rabbit hole I could find.  The internet has been great for that.  The problem is I am not trained for this, so was a slow start.  The better I got at understanding how we are doing well, and how we are not... the harder it got to keep going.  There is some terrible stuff happening and a crap ton of terrible stuff in our past.

The USA is easiest to track because it has kept the best records.  Gotta love tech!  Following the practices of the US is a gateway into how other countries (roughly) have been using their opportunity to govern.  The US learns this stuff from some place.  Sure they improvise and innovate their procedures, but the core of how they function is largely learned through what other countries have done.

Damn, I remember week long downward spirals.  Learning about bad things is not laughable.  It took work to get my brain back on track. 

Wow, such doomsday theories here.

What if, instead of all of you being defeatist about this and just accepting that it will happen, you do something to prevent it. Remember, the governments only have as much power as you give them. You dont like a law they put in place? It makes you a terrorist for that maybe? Well fuck, riot then. Kill them. The police are also human, as are the soldiers. They also know wrong from right. So exercise your power over the ones that think they have power over you. They. Dont.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Wow, such doomsday theories here.

What if, instead of all of you being defeatist about this and just accepting that it will happen, you do something to prevent it. Remember, the governments only have as much power as you give them. You dont like a law they put in place? It makes you a terrorist for that maybe? Well fuck, riot then. Kill them. The police are also human, as are the soldiers. They also know wrong from right. So exercise your power over the ones that think they have power over you. They. Dont.

If you look at my first post it is full of optimism... watch as I keep writing... it gets freakin' bad.  :(

I can stop now.

If you look at my first post it is full of optimism... watch as I keep writing... it gets freakin' bad.  :(

I can stop now.

Ive read the thread.

Yes it is scary what can happen. But it doesnt need to happen, if we collectively decide that it wont. WE HAVE THE FUCKING POWER, So we shouldnt let some stinkbag politicians dictate our lives

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Ive read the thread.

Yes it is scary what can happen. But it doesnt need to happen, if we collectively decide that it wont. WE HAVE THE FUCKING POWER, So we shouldnt let some stinkbag politicians dictate our lives

That is 100% correct.

The USA has been propping up their economy using military means since the 1950s... they knew back then that the system (monetary) would fail eventually. This is really not rocket science. They bully governments to give up their inherently valuable resources in exchange for everything from armaments to inherently valueless currency (USD). It is a shell game with no nut under any of the cups. They use resources to tout the dollar across the globe, completely dependent on governments doing what they are told to do. Can you say bye bye Iraq? Saddam was not listening.

In the end, the USA has it's military... and when the debt collectors come, the USA can flip them off. Imagine a loan shark coming to collect money you borrowed, but he's alone and unarmed. You used the money to buy a few weapons. "Not today buddy, I don't feel like paying". Eventually it can bite you in the ass when he goes and gets friends... but for now, you have the upper hand.

Suffice to say, the true shit storm may never happen. In the end money is worthless. If the economy goes bust, maybe... MAYBE... everyone will get off there asses and out of their offices and make survival a worthwhile endeavor. We would have a huge advantage over our ancestors, that of knowledge. We should fight to keep that.

Very good point, ya if people just knew it was coming and could just hold off till it gets better I could see us getting through it no problem. Everyone though seems like they are going to take advantage of the situation just like the riots... I guess we will see but I'm tired of hearing people talk about it right in front of me then when I ask they say "what are you talking about?" And that's what scares me. Oh well I guess I just need to make loosing my virginity a first priority now. :D

Very good point, ya if people just knew it was coming and could just hold off till it gets better I could see us getting through it no problem. Everyone though seems like they are going to take advantage of the situation just like the riots... I guess we will see but I'm tired of hearing people talk about it right in front of me then when I ask they say "what are you talking about?" And that's what scares me. Oh well I guess I just need to make loosing my virginity a first priority now. :D

photo-194985.jpg?_r=1434831419

with that face? pls come over xD

tumblr_mvi1rpDKg71r9ur2vo2_400.gif

vQxCR.gif