Coloured tubing or Dyed coolant?

So, I'm looking at building my first PC, and at first, will be using a swiftech H220. However, I'd like to move on from that as quickly as possible, so I've been looking into components for a loop. 

I'm going for a Black, Red and White/chrome RoG themed build, and was wondering:

Is it easier find air bubbles in the loop with clear tubing?

Is it harder to maintain with coloured (Red) tubing?

I've been told that dye looks better in de-ionised water than it does in Mayhems Ice Dragon coolant, true?

Would Ice Dragon make any real difference to temperatures compared with de-ionised water?

I'll be using Primochill Advanced LRT for my loop.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Colored tubing, i heard that dyed coolant can cause blockage.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

Colored tubing is way easier to deal with. That said if you have a visible reservoir colored coolant its probably the most aesthetically pleasing thing you can have in your rig. 

I've never seen a case of it (excluding mayhems). :/

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I've never seen a case of it (excluding mayhems). :/

As in mayhems pastel? I was thinking of buying some... Is that a bad idea?

As in mayhems pastel? I was thinking of buying some... Is that a bad idea?

Its a good coolant but if anything goes wrong don't expect any help with it from mayhems.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

So, I'm looking at building my first PC, and at first, will be using a swiftech H220. However, I'd like to move on from that as quickly as possible, so I've been looking into components for a loop. 

I'm going for a Black, Red and White/chrome RoG themed build, and was wondering:

Is it easier find air bubbles in the loop with clear tubing?

Is it harder to maintain with coloured (Red) tubing?

I've been told that dye looks better in de-ionised water than it does in Mayhems Ice Dragon coolant, true?

Would Ice Dragon make any real difference to temperatures compared with de-ionised water?

I'll be using Primochill Advanced LRT for my loop.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

color tubing is a bit better to manage but the clear tubing with colored dye is great for if you ever decide to change the color of the water cooling it means you don't have to change a whole load of tubing and as for other people saying about blockages... i have had a few water cooled systems and never had a problem with this if you look after your computer correctly you should be fine and as you should know once you install any form of water cooling your automatically going to have to do some maintenance every now and then

color tubing is a bit better to manage but the clear tubing with colored dye is great for if you ever decide to change the color of the water cooling it means you don't have to change a whole load of tubing and as for other people saying about blockages... i have had a few water cooled systems and never had a problem with this if you look after your computer correctly you should be fine and as you should know once you install any form of water cooling your automatically going to have to do some maintenance every now and then

I think I'll go for clear tubing. I'm fine with doing maintenance on my rig, I'll be using a 250ml tube reservoir for aesthetic appeal so I'll look better with the same colour in the tubing as in the reservoir.  

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I'll be mixing it myself, using some de-ionised water, a kill coil and mayhems dye.

Pastels and their regular dyes are fine

I still wouldn't recommend it for a "long term I don't want to ever have issues with the coolant" build.

There have been a lot of complaints about their coolants.

I'll be mixing it myself, using some de-ionised water, a kill coil and mayhems dye.

Please dont read this message. I made so many mistakes in this post. :(

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Do not use a kill coil with Mayhem's Coolants.

"dye"

"dye"

Alright. Edited.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Alright. Edited.

What? No I was pointing out that he was ordering a dye, not a coolant. A dye doesn't contain biocide...

What? No I was pointing out that he was ordering a dye, not a coolant. A dye doesn't contain biocide...

OOOOOh. Alright. Gonna edit it again.