Which 980 Ti to get?

Just got the option to buy the Zotac Amp! Extreme for $960, compared to the G1 Gaming's $900.

Worth it?

Just got the option to buy the Zotac Amp! Extreme for $960, compared to the G1 Gaming's $900.

Worth it?

900$ wtf where do you live?

If you are Canadian please say 900 CAD and not 900$.

And I think you shouldn't go with Gigabyte as it has problems, get the MSI one or a EVGA card

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Some people complain about g1 980ti coil whine but mine has none at all and the fans are very queit until 60c or so then it ramps up a little.

I'm currently waiting for reviews from the Asus Strix DCIII model:

nxGvy3iv6SkdnodW_setting_000_1_90_end_50

I have high hopes for that cooler. If it turns out it's quieter than the one in G1 and the card overclocks well I'll get it. If not, then I'll settle for the MSI Gaming 6G.

i7 4790K @ 4,6GHz | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | 16GB 2400MHz DDR3 | Corsair AX760 | Win 10 | Acer Predator X34A

900$ wtf where do you live?

Norway, where 7200 NOK equals USD $900.

Norway, where 7200 NOK equals USD $900.

Well yeah, paid 799 euro for my Msi 980Ti but it will come down to 750 in a few weeks.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Well yeah, paid 799 euro for my Msi 980Ti but it will come down to 750 in a few weeks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all the MSI card has over the Gigabyte one is it's quieter?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all the MSI card has over the Gigabyte one is it's quieter?

Just got it today, it's super quiet, my Cooler Master Seidon 120V CPU cooler is a tornado now, because my cpu is very old and it's pushing hard to keep up with the fastest graphics card in the world.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

And lesser chance of coil whine

Just read a review of the Strix 980 ti. It is quieter than most and has a nice factory OC, but the temps were disappointing. You know the 980 ti is a hot running card when a 3 fan aftermarket cooler reaches load temps of 82C when gaming.

Frankly the aftermarket r9 290x's have cooler temps than the 980 ti's im seeing, so Nvidia is probably BSing about the TDP of the 980 ti, it probably draws as much power as a 290x, which is what furmark load temps seem to confirm.

No more spaceheater AMD jokes from Nvidia fanboys.

I think the MSI twin Frozr is the 980 ti to get. Good temps, good OC, low noise levels, nice backplate and looks.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

Just read a review of the Strix 980 ti. It is quieter than most and has a nice factory OC, but the temps were disappointing. You know the 980 ti is a hot running card when a 3 fan aftermarket cooler reaches load temps of 82C when gaming.

Frankly the aftermarket r9 290x's have cooler temps than the 980 ti's im seeing, so Nvidia is probably BSing about the TDP of the 980 ti, it probably draws as much power as a 290x, which is what furmark load temps seem to confirm.

No more spaceheater AMD jokes from Nvidia fanboys.

I think the MSI twin Frozr is the 980 ti to get. Good temps, good OC, low noise levels, nice backplate and looks.

There is a big discussion going on at OCN that Guru3d got a faulty card as there is NO WAY that GPU should be getting that hot with that kinda cooling heatpipe

http://www.overclock.net/t/1558203/various-nvidia-gtx-980ti-reviews/1970

Case in point, Kit Guru's review has temps well within the normal range for the Strix. So......

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/zardon/asus-strix-gaming-gtx-980-ti-directcu-3/

The Zotac Amp! Extreme seems like the best 980ti out there. Decent noise levels, heat output is also OK, best out of the box OC and also some headroom for even higher clock speeds.

You can chek the review at Guru3D.

The Zotac Amp! Extreme seems like the best 980ti out there. Decent noise levels, heat output is also OK, best out of the box OC and also some headroom for even higher clock speeds.

You can chek the review at Guru3D.

You can forget about having any decent support for it as a trade off. No thanks. 

I have a gigabyte windforce 970, has a lesser cooler but, not coil whine whatsoever, i can't hear the thing, and i've found gigabyte to be relatively reliable. However, i think you should wait for the fury x to arrive to your country and see what the pricing is like. G1 gaming gets my vote, tho EVGA and MSI are very good too, so...dude, i'd get the cheapest one honestly.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

I have a gigabyte windforce 970, has a lesser cooler but, not coil whine whatsoever, i can't hear the thing, and i've found gigabyte to be relatively reliable. However, i think you should wait for the fury x to arrive to your country and see what the pricing is like. G1 gaming gets my vote, tho EVGA and MSI are very good too, so...dude, i'd get the cheapest one honestly.

NO REFERENCE, unless you have a small case.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Well you can still use your retailer's warranty if need be right?

Nobody buys cards retail anymore and thats only for 30 days, even online. 

However, i think you should wait for the fury x to arrive to your country and see what the pricing is like. G1 gaming gets my vote, tho EVGA and MSI are very good too, so...dude, i'd get the cheapest one honestly.

The Fury X is priced on par with the 980 Ti in Norway. Also, the retailer covers the 5 year warranty, not the producer, so each individual producer's customer service quality is immaterial.

The G1 Gaming is USD $870, and the MSI is $910, while the Zotac AMP! Extreme is $970. The G1 is therefore the cheapest, but the leap to the MSI isn't significant if it's worth the jump.

Edit: Also, 980 Ti prices are very unlikely to fall with the introduction of the Fury X to the market. Norway is a small market, and historically prices are very rigid, unless the cards are getting old.

The Fury X is priced on par with the 980 Ti in Norway. Also, the retailer covers the 5 year warranty, not the producer, so each individual producer's customer service quality is immaterial.

The G1 Gaming is USD $870, and the MSI is $910, while the Zotac AMP! Extreme is $970. The G1 is therefore the cheapest, but the leap to the MSI isn't significant if it's worth the jump.

Edit: Also, 980 Ti prices are very unlikely to fall with the introduction of the Fury X to the market. Norway is a small market, and historically prices are very rigid, unless the cards are getting old.

All i can say is that if it was me, i would get the G1 gaming IF (BIG IF) i would be able to test it for coil whine and return it if it has. If that's not an option, according to newegg reviews the MSI version hasnt had one complain over coil whine, so, if you can do that i would go with the G1, if you can't and don't want that 10%ish chance of a loud card, those extra 40 bucks are justifiably spent.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

If you're shopping for 6500-7500 crowns in Norway, there isn't really a competition. While the G1 is marginally slower than the Zotac AMP extreme out of the box, it overclock just as well within margin of error (about 150 difference in Firestrike points). Compared to the MSI version, it's faster overclocked and it's faster out of the box. I won't recommend Asus Strix at this time, as the cooling solution is questionable by my standards.

In addition to being just as fast as the Zotac AMP Extreme, and a bit faster than the MSI. It is priced at 7 199 over at Komplett, while the MSI is priced at 7 490 and the Zotac at 7 999. The Fury X going for 6 659.

Compared to the Fury X, which has not been tested with unlocked voltage control yet. But even if voltage control is enabled, it would need a 32.1% increase in 3Dmark Firestrike performance to match the overclocked G1 Gaming Gigabyte. As it stands, the Fury x can barely compete with 980Ti Reference designs, and that's without mentioning power consumption and a smaller frame buffer.

Go for the Gigabyte G1, it's as fast as the competitors and 400-700 crowns cheaper, and only 500 Crowns over the Fury X which performs significantly worse than the 980Ti Gigabyte G1.

Related bencmarks:

Gigabyte G1: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_980_ti_g1_gaming_soc_review,35.html

Zotac AMP Extreme: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/zotac_geforce_gtx_980_ti_amp_extreme_review,35.html

MSI Gaming OC: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_980_ti_gaming_oc_review,35.html

Asus Strix: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_geforce_gtx_980_ti_strix_review,35.html

Fury X AMD: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_radeon_r9_fury_x_review,37.html

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

I love everything about the Twin Frozr except for the red on the cooler. I have an ASUS Sabertooth Mark 2 mobo with gold XPG v2 RAM in a corsair 450d. The reference cooler would look sweet in it and so would the ACX 2.0 and the Gigabyte G1, but red kind of clashes.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

e6cHr8x.jpg

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

All i can say is that if it was me, i would get the G1 gaming IF (BIG IF) i would be able to test it for coil whine and return it if it has. If that's not an option, according to newegg reviews the MSI version hasnt had one complain over coil whine, so, if you can do that i would go with the G1, if you can't and don't want that 10%ish chance of a loud card, those extra 40 bucks are justifiably spent.

Norway has a 14 day return policy no questions asked by law, if the product is not bought in a store. The store probably won't like it if you return several cards, as they can't sell them as brand new and often price them down depending on the condition.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

Norway has a 14 day return policy no questions asked by law, if the product is not bought in a store.

Germany too. 14 Days you can give back anything without Questions. Only Stuff like Headphones or

hygiene Articles you cant.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

If you're shopping for 6500-7500 crowns in Norway, there isn't really a competition. While the G1 is marginally slower than the Zotac AMP extreme out of the box, it overclock just as well within margin of error (about 150 difference in Firestrike points). Compared to the MSI version, it's faster overclocked and it's faster out of the box. I won't recommend Asus Strix at this time, as the cooling solution is questionable by my standards.

In addition to being just as fast as the Zotac AMP Extreme, and a bit faster than the MSI. It is priced at 7 199 over at Komplett, while the MSI is priced at 7 490 and the Zotac at 7 999.

Compared to the Fury X, which has not been tested with unlocked voltage control yet. But even if voltage control is enabled, it would need a 32.1% increase in 3Dmark Firestrike performance to match the overclocked G1 Gaming Gigabyte. As it stands, the Fury x can barely compete with 980Ti Reference designs, and that's without mentioning power consumption and a smaller frame buffer.

Go for the Gigabyte G1, it's as fast as the competitors and 400-700 crowns cheaper, and only 500 Crowns over the Fury X which performs significantly worse than the 980Ti Gigabyte G1.

Related bencmarks:

Gigabyte G1: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_980_ti_g1_gaming_soc_review,35.html

Zotac AMP Extreme: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/zotac_geforce_gtx_980_ti_amp_extreme_review,35.html

MSI Gaming OC: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_980_ti_gaming_oc_review,35.html

Asus Strix: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_geforce_gtx_980_ti_strix_review,35.html

Fury X AMD: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_radeon_r9_fury_x_review,37.html

The Fury X does get soundly beat by a heavily OC'd 980 ti like the G1, but the G1 is also ridiculously loud and still has substantially higher temps than the far quieter Fury X(the idle pump noise seems to have been fixed).

I think AMD got everything right on the Fury X except the performance, which isn't quite equal to an OC'd 980 ti. Maybe updated drivers, unlocked voltage and even directX 12 will change things though.