[Completed][Scratch Build] Project: Ravage - Custom Watercooled Computer Table Build by 17 yr old.

I think Linus liked your build log and made one himself...

Not quite the same tho, but interesting how the video cards are mounted.

No transparent table, no glowing led's.

Linus Desk Build Log:

Chooser of the Slain

This is legitimately beautiful. In Australia, I know that PCCG sell sleeved cable extensions. (Their 'Plasma' colouring seems to match the other cables you had pretty well)

This is legitimately beautiful. In Australia, I know that PCCG sell sleeved cable extensions. (Their 'Plasma' colouring seems to match the other cables you had pretty well)

I have those in my pc, but i made some of the extensions longer. Problem is that they are extensions, I need the full cable with the right evga male end so i can get rid of the excess evga default ones.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

Not happy right now. CPU is maxing at 80-90 degrees with a 4.7 overclock... yet the gpu temps dont rise while the cpu is that high. I don't know what's the problem. Its only at 1.35 volts. Looks like i'll have to add another rad. F***

Not happy right now. CPU is maxing at 80-90 degrees with a 4.7 overclock... yet the gpu temps dont rise while the cpu is that high. I don't know what's the problem. Its only at 1.35 volts. Looks like i'll have to add another rad. F***

Are you sure? Seems like the block isn't making good contact or are the gpus getting quite hot under load too?

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Check your idle temps if they are fairly high then you very likely will need to remount the CPU block due to a bad mount but at 1.350V temps do start to climb steeply.

Are you sure? Seems like the block isn't making good contact or are the gpus getting quite hot under load too?

Check your idle temps if they are fairly high then you very likely will need to remount the CPU block due to a bad mount but at 1.350V temps do start to climb steeply.

See this is where its weird. At idle, everything is flat at 23C. When I stress the CPU it jumps up to 80 and then on afterburner and xtu (im stressing on xtu and aida and its the same) the temps jump up and down from 80-90 every second, creating a wave on the graph. At the same time the gpu's are idle and their temps only jump by 1C as the water in the loop is cooled by the time it gets to them.

What is weird though is that when the gpus and cpu are under load, the gpus jump to 39 and stay there while the cpu still goes to 80 and jumps from 80-90. So even with the gpus are on load the cpu doesn't decrease on nor does it increase in its temps. So you can see that the gpu's are performing well and are separated from the cpu, yet the cpu is not doing to well. Also there is no bubbles in any of the blocks, or in the loop for that matter so it cant be that.

I'll upload an image in a few mins.

W9dMU19.png

Not a happy though but it might be that your CPU simply can't handle the voltage :(

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Not a happy though but it might be that your CPU simply can't handle the voltage :(

Well it was maxing at like 70 on a noctua aircooler with 1 fan...

Although the rad that is dedicated to the cpu is where the power supply and stuff it, maybe there is not enough air to pull though. I'm going to redo paste now and see.

Well it was maxing at like 70 on a noctua aircooler with 1 fan...

Although the rad that is dedicated to the cpu is where the power supply and stuff it, maybe there is not enough air to pull though. I'm going to redo paste now and see.

That is weird. Idk enough to help :(

laptop

So I have redone the thermal paste and see an improvement. Its now jumping between 70-75 on 1.35v instead of 80-90. I'm planning to drop the voltage to 1.3 and run my cpu at 4.5-4.6. I will see what happens.

Edit: Results.

After leaving it to burn in for 20mins its now sitting around 65 which is good enough, better than the 85. There is air restriction on the rad which is a small factor in this temperature change but that will be sorted with custom cables. Im happy with 65max.

Maybe try reapplying the thermal paste for better contact?

Check out my YouTube channel here and don't forget to subscribe :D

Current build: Project Athena

I'm unable to get the system to boot with an adaptive voltage for the cpu cache voltage. Anyone got a clue how to fix it. The cpu cache voltage will boot at 1.35v with a multiplier of 46x on manual voltage but wont boot when I change it to adaptive voltage. Once I change it from manual to adaptive the system wont boot whether I put 1.35v, 1.4, 1.45v. Anyone got a clue. Motherboard is Asus X99 Deluxe, latest bios version 1901. When I change it to adaptive 1.35,1.45 in intel xtu it works...

The CPU voltage is running at 46x and 1.23v.

I'm unable to get the system to boot with an adaptive voltage for the cpu cache voltage. Anyone got a clue how to fix it. The cpu cache voltage will boot at 1.35v with a multiplier of 46x on manual voltage but wont boot when I change it to adaptive voltage. Once I change it from manual to adaptive the system wont boot whether I put 1.35v, 1.4, 1.45v. Anyone got a clue. Motherboard is Asus X99 Deluxe, latest bios version 1901. When I change it to adaptive 1.35,1.45 in intel xtu it works...

The CPU voltage is running at 46x and 1.23v.

Was it able to boot on adaptive voltage before you oc'ed? If so you may have caused some damage to your cpu, seeing the 1.35v it was running on and the high temps. Just a thought though. 

Archangel(z11 Build) CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.0 GPU: 2x Sapphire R9 290x RAM: 16GB GSkill Ripjaws V 2800 Mobo: ASRock X370 Killer SLI/AC Power Supply: Cougar CMX1000 Case: Zalman Z11 Plus HF1 Storage: 120GB Intel 520 SSD, 1TB WD Blue

Reptile(Dual G34) CPU: 2x Opteron 6172 RAM: 32GB DDR3 1866 ECC Mobo: Super Micro H8DGU-F Power Supply: Seasonic SS-660XP2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 7k300 3TB

White Knight:(wife's build) CPU: A10-6800k GPU: MSI 7970 Lightning GHz BE RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury White 1866 Mobo: MSI A88x-g43 Power Supply: Seasonic M12II 520 Case: TT Commander Snow Edition Storage:1TB WD Blue

Was it able to boot on adaptive voltage before you oc'ed? If so you may have caused some damage to your cpu, seeing the 1.35v it was running on and the high temps. Just a thought though. 

As far as I know it was never able to boot with adaptive voltage. Adaptive voltage is fine for the cpu just bad for the cache. I have the cache running at 1.35 static and adaptive with the cpu voltage it seems to be fine now. Its been stress testing for about 1hr and hitting 65-70 degrees which isnt the best, but once at idle its going down to 28C.

Ill do an update soon explaining everything. The CPU overclock is sorted now, finally...

As far as I know it was never able to boot with adaptive voltage. Adaptive voltage is fine for the cpu just bad for the cache. I have the cache running at 1.35 static and adaptive with the cpu voltage it seems to be fine now. Its been stress testing for about 1hr and hitting 65-70 degrees which isnt the best, but once at idle its going down to 28C.

Ill do an update soon explaining everything. The CPU overclock is sorted now, finally...

Yea, I mean even my FX-8350 at 4.92 doesnt hit 70 degrees at load with an h100i. So those temps aren't the greatest. Like you said it might have something to do partially with the restricted airflow on the rad.

Archangel(z11 Build) CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.0 GPU: 2x Sapphire R9 290x RAM: 16GB GSkill Ripjaws V 2800 Mobo: ASRock X370 Killer SLI/AC Power Supply: Cougar CMX1000 Case: Zalman Z11 Plus HF1 Storage: 120GB Intel 520 SSD, 1TB WD Blue

Reptile(Dual G34) CPU: 2x Opteron 6172 RAM: 32GB DDR3 1866 ECC Mobo: Super Micro H8DGU-F Power Supply: Seasonic SS-660XP2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 7k300 3TB

White Knight:(wife's build) CPU: A10-6800k GPU: MSI 7970 Lightning GHz BE RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury White 1866 Mobo: MSI A88x-g43 Power Supply: Seasonic M12II 520 Case: TT Commander Snow Edition Storage:1TB WD Blue

q4SOBJc.png

Well wasn't the overclocking experience fun on this big guy... After 4 days of testing I have finally come to a stable result which i'm not 100% happy with but compared to other chips its pretty good. Also note, i'm not a great overclocker, maybe overclocked a few gpu's, cpu's in my life.

The Painful Experience:

Lets start with the air experience. I knew from before that this chip was capable of 4.7ghz at 1.35v hitting a temperature of 81C with a single fan noctua cooler and I hoped to get better on  water. With the loop complete I turned to overclocking the 5960X to bring out its true colours, not limiting it to 3.0ghz. I dialled in 1.35v and a multiplier of 47 in the bios to give me a solid overclock of 4.7ghz which was successful. After stress testing it I soon saw the temperatures rising up and going past that 81C and reaching the 90's, this is where I started to have problems. I couldn't figure out why it was reaching those high temps, especially on water. After turning up the pump speed and the fan speed I still saw barely any improvement in the temperature and decided to redo the thermal paste, not once but 3 TIMES! This solved the problem bringing the 5960X down to 70C, not great but definitely better. With the temps still high I decided to turn down the voltage and to do this I needed to reduce the speed. Changing to a multiplier of 46 (4.6ghz) I was able to get it stable with only 1.23v, this is a huge improvement over 1.35v. I couldn't get the cpu to run at 4.7ghz stable any lower than 1.35v so I decided to stay at 4.6ghz at 1.23v.

Don't even get me started on cache overclocking. I tried to match the cache clock to 4.6 like the cpu core clock but it wouldn't. I started with 1.35v then 1.4v then 1.45v and it would crash 3 hours into a benchmark, finally I tried 1.5v and I got it stable. 1.5v is overboard and I didn't want to keep the chip running at that high voltage. From 4.6ghz to 4.1ghz the cache required 1.45v+ to stay stable but at a clock of 4.0ghz it required 1.28v which if definitely better. Overclocking the cache itself took 3 days of overnight stress tests, tweaking in the middle of the night, throughout the day and early into the morning. Although I really wanted it to be 1:1 with the core speed I guess its just not to be. Even trying to run the cache overclock at adaptive voltage the computer wouldn't boot so I just gave up and left it at manual.

The temps, as you will see, are still not amazing for water cooling but in the future that will be fixed with an addition of another 240mm rad. The CPU wont be running at 100% anyway so on general day usage and gaming it hits a max of 40C

Overclocking and Benchmarks:

The CPU voltage is set to adaptive. This means when the CPU is at idle/minimal use, it will drop the voltage down and also drop the clock speed. When you do more extensive/heavy tasks on your computer it will turbo up to the overclock of 4.6ghz along with increasing the voltage. I do this so that my 5960X isn't running at high voltage all the time.

5960X Core Overclocked:

CPU Core Clock: 4.6ghz

CPU Multiplier: 46

Voltage (Adaptive): 1.24v

(Stress Tested for 12 hours using Intel XTU)

5960X Cache Overclocked:

CPU Cache Clock: 4.0ghz

CPU Multiplier: 40

Voltage (Adaptive): 1.28v

(Stress Tested for 12 hours using Intel XTU)

faMGgJK.png

Temperatures (HWMonitor)

Min Temp (Idle): 28C

Max Temp (Load): 71C

Normal Computer Usage: 35-40C

ka1vHvD.png

Intel XTU Stress Test

Stress Test: Ran a stress test overnight for 12 hours.

fVooXfy.png

Intel XTU Benchmark

Benchmark Score: 2284

R3PQruf.png

Cinebench R15 Benchmark

Score: 1817

7H4IALe.jpg

Love the build mate, absolutely amazing.

Excuse my ignorance, but do you usually need a pump for a water-cooling build? I couldn't spot one with your build, or do you not need one for hardline?

Excuse my ignorance, but do you usually need a pump for a water-cooling build? I couldn't spot one with your build, or do you not need one for hardline?

It's there. Look right next to the power supply in the photos and you can see it.

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

It's there. Look right next to the power supply in the photos and you can see it.

As tk mentioned it is there, just hidden (in the left compartment, next to the psu). In a lot of builds the pump is shown or a pump-reservoir is used but for this build it wouldn't work. For every watercooled system you need a pump, without it how do you reckon the water will move around :)

As tk mentioned it is there, just hidden (in the left compartment, next to the psu). In a lot of builds the pump is shown or a pump-reservoir is used but for this build it wouldn't work. For every watercooled system you need a pump, without it how do you reckon the water will move around :)

Haha yeah I know, thats why I was like, hmm maybe thats why your temps were high on the CPU.

Well its fun overclocking sli gpu, especially when one wants to run at 1510mhz and the other only wants to run at 1450mhz yet valley benchmark says they are running at 1670mhz... I'm going off afterburner not valley fyi.