[Completed][Scratch Build] Project: Ravage - Custom Watercooled Computer Table Build by 17 yr old.

someone probably already asked this but other than the desk, which i assume came from schools wood shop or something, how did get funded? are you a sponsored builder. Not looking to hate but i am curious how people on this site fund these awesome build.

P.S. your build is freaking amazing.

The desk I made using the schools power tools and equiptment but I bought all the timber, finishes etc with my own money which was about 1k. My parents bought the timber and stuff and I bought the computer. Being sponsored would of been great but EK never replied and Asus knocked me back but kept following my progress. I also reached out to E22 for some cable combs because there is only one place in australia and they never replied either. So with the money I had saved up I managed to do the build by myself although I don't have any money left for some 4k monitors. My birthday is coming up in a few months so hopefully I get enough money to at least get one. Funding wasn't easy but if you have aready saved up a few thousand you should be right, I wasn't expecting to be sponsored on my first build but either way I wanted to get it done :)

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

Res leak fixed, kinda forgot to put in the O Rings.... Water is in and system is trying to run but wont post with 2 gpus...

Res leak fixed, kinda forgot to put in the O Rings.... Water is in and system is trying to run but wont post with 2 gpus...

Whoops!

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

m9cCQiX.png

Its been a long 2 days.. The road to finish the tubing has not been an easy or quick one thats for sure. So for about 20 hours straight I have been finishing off the tubing, leak testing, fixing, crying, bleeding and also raging. The loop has been finished. Between filling up the loop only to find that your table is a pool because you forgot to close a port on the radiator, to then finding another puddle because the reservoirs are leaking, then not being able to boot your computer for some GPU error only to fix that and find another error, and another and another. Not to mention having to redo the links on the gpu because they were too short, causing the gpu's to be pulled into one another. This is the fun of the first time trying watercooling. So i'm glad to say there is no more leaks and the tubing is done. I am yet to stress test the system as I only got it to boot once somehow avoiding all the errors but I can tell you the CPU and GPU temps are idling at 20c. When it was air cooled the GPU and CPU were around 35-40c which means watercooling has been a massive help. Yet with 2 240mm rads I wonder what those temps will reach under load. Enjoy the pics and hopefully I can get some sleep.

(In regards to the 2 photos at the end, I got bored of the plain water so I added some of the pastel blue into it, this is not the final colour or final liquid. Once I run some tests to see how the system performs and i'm happy with the tubing I will add the Mayhem Pastel Blue liquid into it.)

BCpgOmL.jpgMYMQIoS.jpgDiNumOK.jpgS56Uxt2.jpgTpuO8vq.jpgDsl0T8E.jpgGdMGeAs.jpgz6huCV3.jpgo0DkhMM.jpgU4iqceq.jpgCMPZPPE.jpgm87GjSj.jpg

m9cCQiX.png

Its been a long 2 days.. The road to finish the tubing has not been an easy or quick one thats for sure. So for about 20 hours straight I have been finishing off the tubing, leak testing, fixing, crying, bleeding and also raging. The loop has been finished. Between filling up the loop only to find that your table is a pool because you forgot to close a port on the radiator, to then finding another puddle because the reservoirs are leaking, then not being able to boot your computer for some GPU error only to fix that and find another error, and another and another. Not to mention having to redo the links on the gpu because they were too short, causing the gpu's to be pulled into one another. This is the fun of the first time trying watercooling. So i'm glad to say there is no more leaks and the tubing is done. I am yet to stress test the system as I only got it to boot once somehow avoiding all the errors but I can tell you the CPU and GPU temps are idling at 20c. When it was air cooled the GPU and CPU were around 35-40c which means watercooling has been a massive help. Yet with 2 240mm rads I wonder what those temps will reach under load. Enjoy the pics and hopefully I can get some sleep.

(In regards to the 2 photos at the end, I got bored of the plain water so I added some of the pastel blue into it, this is not the final colour or final liquid. Once I run some tests to see how the system performs and i'm happy with the tubing I will add the Mayhem Pastel Blue liquid into it.)

BCpgOmL.jpgMYMQIoS.jpgDiNumOK.jpgS56Uxt2.jpgTpuO8vq.jpgDsl0T8E.jpgGdMGeAs.jpgz6huCV3.jpgo0DkhMM.jpgU4iqceq.jpgCMPZPPE.jpgm87GjSj.jpg

I love this set up. it is clean and creative, a job will done. Keep it up dude, you are going places...

I love this set up. it is clean and creative, a job will done. Keep it up dude, you are going places...

Please don't quote his entire post at least remove the pictures.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

I want it :D

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Snip the quote next time...

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

I like this one though. The metal around the outside matches with the fittings and nickel back plates.

From one desk builder to another, this is looking really good. I was 17 when I started on mine too!

Keep it up mate, you've definitely got access to some good power tools there.

From one desk builder to another, this is looking really good. I was 17 when I started on mine too!

Keep it up mate, you've definitely got access to some good power tools there.

You name it my school workshop had it. Without the CNC router and Domino jointer there would be no table.

On another note, pc has successfully booted up!! These temps were recorded when the cpu and both gpus were at 100% load. Stress test went for 20mins:

Did a quick overclock on the cpu. 4.6ghz at 1.35v. It can go up to 4.7-4.8 but for this test I wont push it too far.

CPU Min: 31c

Watercooled CPU Max: 60c

Air Cooled CPU Max: 75c

GPU's are on stock speeds for now.

GPU Min: 24

Watercooled GPU Max: 40

Air Cooled GPU Max: 86c

(Both GPUs had the same temps)

Just to remind you this is just a test, I still have to add new coolant, and do final overclocks on a system. These temps are just an idea of what I am working with.

You name it my school workshop had it. Without the CNC router and Domino jointer there would be no table.

On another note, pc has successfully booted up!! These temps were recorded when the cpu and both gpus were at 100% load. Stress test went for 20mins:

Did a quick overclock on the cpu. 4.6ghz at 1.35v. It can go up to 4.7-4.8 but for this test I wont push it too far.

CPU Min: 31c

Watercooled CPU Max: 60c

Air Cooled CPU Max: 75c

GPU's are on stock speeds for now.

GPU Min: 24

Watercooled GPU Max: 29

Air Cooled GPU Max: 86c

(Both GPUs had the same temps)

Just to remind you this is just a test, I still have to add new coolant, and do final overclocks on a system. These temps are just an idea of what I am working with.

Not ganna lie but what if you need to acess the parts inside the desk....

lol...

It's ganna be hell taking down all those monitors and the wires and papers and everything else on your desk

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

Not ganna lie but what if you need to acess the parts inside the desk....

lol...

It's ganna be hell taking down all those monitors and the wires and papers and everything else on your desk

Eventually the monitors will be wall mounted so lifting up the top shouldn't be an issue, plus my desk is usually clean. Will take like 5mins to pull everything off.

The new liquid is but and I have left it running overnight and no leaks :) The CPU temps seem to fluctuate a bit, going from 40-50 up and down all the time. About to redo the thermal paste and see what happens.

Eventually the monitors will be wall mounted so lifting up the top shouldn't be an issue, plus my desk is usually clean. Will take like 5mins to pull everything off.

The new liquid is but and I have left it running overnight and no leaks :) The CPU temps seem to fluctuate a bit, going from 40-50 up and down all the time. About to redo the thermal paste and see what happens.

When you first turn a custom loop on it will happen if you have a PWM pump

Just change it in the bios

Happened to me as well

When you first turn a custom loop on it will happen if you have a PWM pump

Just change it in the bios

Happened to me as well

Its not pwm though. Atm its just being powered by molex and the speed adjust on the back. I redid the thermal paste but havn't turned on the system yet. Just finished removing the massive bubble in my res and about to post some pics. You will understand what I am talking about in the update I post.

9BbZ4dh.png

I never thought i'd see the day, I can't believe the project is this close to an end. I don't know what to say, working on it for a total of 3 days with around 6 hours sleep its great to see it working. The process for replacing the distilled water to the new coolant wasn't the quickest thing and the bleeding process was fun. I had to take the table top off and the lay the table front down on the floor so that the loop was vertical. This allowed the air to rise to the top of the reservoirs and therefore remove the massive bubbles you will see in the following pics, it also allowed me to top up the reservoirs. Although in the reservoirs there is a small bubble at the top its a major improvement than before and you can see if the pump is moving the coolant. The system has turned out really well and now I just need to do all the cables. I emailed CableMod ages ago in regards to custom cables but they never responded so I need to find someone else. Apart from that I will have to do a clean install of windows and go from there. I'm pretty proud of this table and so keen to start playing some games on it xD

7EdNypL.jpgt2G9Aeu.jpgkqHwo8z.jpgHf79XxA.jpg0KVt3f6.jpgef8Y482.jpgxPjTSIH.jpg9XDrMQh.jpgNUtcejX.jpg6ZHkgrX.jpgQSFrQeU.jpgrbAyWCv.jpgIjRSwGp.jpg77zo2Xk.jpg5eZCwao.jpgBDupR36.jpgfCS8zkc.jpgk8x84Cy.jpg2rXGyUG.jpgivkJjSe.jpg60KlNsL.jpgCgMzyiB.jpg

I should really remove those EK stickers eventually...

I never thought i'd see the day, I can't believe the project is this close to an end. I don't know what to say, working on it for a total of 3 days with around 6 hours sleep its great to see it working. The process for replacing the distilled water to the new coolant wasn't the quickest thing and the bleeding process was fun. I had to take the table top off and the lay the table front down on the floor so that the loop was vertical. This allowed the air to rise to the top of the reservoirs and therefore remove the massive bubbles you will see in the following pics, it also allowed me to top up the reservoirs. Although in the reservoirs there is a small bubble at the top its a major improvement than before and you can see if the pump is moving the coolant. The system has turned out really well and now I just need to do all the cables. I emailed CableMod ages ago in regards to custom cables but they never responded so I need to find someone else. Apart from that I will have to do a clean install of windows and go from there. I'm pretty proud of this table and so keen to start playing some games on it xD

I should really remove those EK stickers eventually...

Those stickers are getting into my nerve, the OCD is real  :wacko: .

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

WwA7fLk.png

It is complete, well for now ;) Cabling has been completed although i'm not too happy with it. There is a huge excess of default evga cabling that I somehow hid in the side section yet it looks very ugly, also the cables for the gpu and motherboard are pushed up against the front face which isn't amazing but its hidden when the lids closed so I don't mind. I need to get some custom sleeving done but haven't found anyone to do it (send me some recommendations please <3). I still need to find a place for my WD Black 4tb somewhere but I will sort that out later. I will do another update with benchmarks, overclocks and temperatures. I don't own many games so there will only be a few game benchmarks but I will be better off to wait until I get 4k screens, for now I will be using my 1080p benq monitor and use nvidia dsr until then. Hope you guys enjoy and this is basically the major work done :)

7gp57Hn.jpg9sEjhAV.jpgj0D8MrK.jpghDPh364.jpgdZKQiQ4.jpgmvnF2DV.jpgwQhiDSN.jpgkL5l94L.jpgb95v5tZ.jpg5TJLQEy.jpgwIlLVeQ.jpgxzKdfAz.jpgRVEFbY1.jpgC0pe16a.jpg5yXenHp.jpgNZPJst5.jpg

Current Setup...
irrW57Q.jpg

A huge desk, with a tiny monitor.

Once you get the 4k monitors it will look better.

Amazing desk thought

When you run a firestrike test and its like 75fps and your like "This seems a bit low". Goes into Nvidia Settings, enables SLI, restarts the test. *150fps* Well I guess that worked xD

When you run a firestrike test and its like 75fps and your like "This seems a bit low". Goes into Nvidia Settings, enables SLI, restarts the test. *150fps* Well I guess that worked xD

You should add some of that anti-slip glass coating unless you want those expensive 4k monitors that you ganna get to fall

Well of course there's rubberized stands and stuff

Also are you going to overclock?If you do can we get results.I really wanna compare my 5820K vs Your 5960X

I know 2 different chips but still both are on a Alphacool Monsta Rad...Lol

Got mine to 4.7 GHz stable.

When doing benchmarks I set it to 4.987.It's annoying how I set it to 5.0GHz that everything black screens.

You should add some of that anti-slip glass coating unless you want those expensive 4k monitors that you ganna get to fall

Well of course there's rubberized stands and stuff

Also are you going to overclock?If you do can we get results.I really wanna compare my 5820K vs Your 5960X

I know 2 different chips but still both are on a Alphacool Monsta Rad...Lol

Got mine to 4.7 GHz stable.

When doing benchmarks I set it to 4.987.It's annoying how I set it to 5.0GHz that everything black screens.

As I mentioned in the last update I will be overclocking everything and sharing the results and temps. I have already done stock speed tests on all the firestrike benchmarks (Normal,Extreme,Ultra) and now need to work on the overclocks. On air the 5960x got a solid 4.7 overclock so hopefully it can stay stable like that on water and the gpu's got a 1400mhz boost and I wasn't even pushing them far. Hoping to get better results on water. So yes, expect epic overclocks and epic scores.

Sneak Peak (Stock Speeds):

orPeQCE.png

After a quick overclock on the cpu and gpu I ran another firestrike test, just the normal one. Gpu max usage at 93%, rip 1080p bottleneck... Its still a huge score increase over stock speeds.