[Completed][Scratch Build] Project: Ravage - Custom Watercooled Computer Table Build by 17 yr old.

3 minutes ago, ClownFace1511 said:

I realise it was a dead spot but you cant expect your liquid to fall out just because you turn your computer off at night for a few hours while you sleep... To be fair im not the only one experiencing colour change and falling out particles, look at the drama jaytwocents is going through. Going with dyed distilled water is a much better option is all i'm saying.

Falling out of pastel does occur but usually takes a while like a few days of the system being off, that being said I've had white pastel fluid in for about 12 months now and it has a slight green tinge to the while fluid from copper oxides which at this point I guess is somewhat expected, but not very noticeable unless I was to put a new bottle right beside it. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Falling out of pastel does occur but usually takes a while like a few days of the system being off, that being said I've had white pastel fluid in for about 12 months now and it has a slight green tinge to the while fluid from copper oxides which at this point I guess is somewhat expected, but not very noticeable unless I was to put a new bottle right beside it. 

Does copper still oxidise when there is coolant in it? I'm bad at chemistry lol.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

2 minutes ago, Benji_w said:

Does copper still oxidise when there is coolant in it? I'm bad at chemistry lol.

I believe it might reacted with the chemicals in the fluid or I didn't rinse it clean enough, I'm pretty sure it can still oxdize as long as there is oxygen. Still usable though but just not as clean as it was brand new, probably will take an in depth look at when I do a fluid change. 

• 3 weeks later...

As Clownface continues to work as slave labor in order to get cash, a light is at the end of the tunnel, or in the back of a courier van xD

#itsnotover

CSZIdgZ.png

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

Excellent work! I like the dual reservoir setup. The first fill pictures show the reservoirs with turbulence in them, I personally loved that and if I can ever afford to do custom water cooling will certainly try to set something like that up. Anyone got some pictures or videos of such setups?

Why did you do the two CPU lines over/under each other instead of side by side?

10 hours ago, Nardella said:

Excellent work! I like the dual reservoir setup. The first fill pictures show the reservoirs with turbulence in them, I personally loved that and if I can ever afford to do custom water cooling will certainly try to set something like that up. Anyone got some pictures or videos of such setups?

Why did you do the two CPU lines over/under each other instead of side by side?

I did the cpu lines under each other for a few reasons. One of the mains reasons is that its mainly for clearance. If I had of done them side by side then the tube that goes to the left res would hit the gpu loop line, also if I had of done them side by side it would look a bit crowded because I didn't want the lines to go over the ram making it harder to remove. When sitting at the table it looks better under each other imo.

Beautiful Build. Do you think you'll do any more builds in the near future?

10 minutes ago, Mr.Mellow said:

Beautiful Build. Do you think you'll do any more builds in the near future?

I do have an idea for a new desk but not any time soon. With this desk I had access to a lot of tools, cnc routers, expensive festool tools and stuff. Now that im not at school I dont have any of that equipment which makes it really hard. On top of this my table took many months to build and wasn't cheap either. Plus with my new design its gonna be a lot harder to do than this. Hopefully one day ill produce a new table, I like doing table builds.

1 hour ago, ClownFace1511 said:

I do have an idea for a new desk but not any time soon. With this desk I had access to a lot of tools, cnc routers, expensive festool tools and stuff. Now that im not at school I dont have any of that equipment which makes it really hard. On top of this my table took many months to build and wasn't cheap either. Plus with my new design its gonna be a lot harder to do than this. Hopefully one day ill produce a new table, I like doing table builds.

Ah nice. I can't wait to see what this next idea will be. 

I can imagine that having access to all those tools would of been heaven. Half the reason i don't mod is because I simply don't have power tools so I can't do much haha. Eitherway, I'm really impressed with your build and can't wait to see more.

cable combs please :)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

3 hours ago, thekeemo said:

cable combs please :)

These cables I am currently using are just extensions and were only meant to be temporary. After getting a few quotes for custom length cables (some in excess of 1 meter) it turned out to be around $500 so I decided to keep the temp ones. I did think about combos but I would have to remove the cables from one end of the plug and then thread the combs in, not to mention the cables are a bit tight at the moment which adds to the problem. It would be nice but if I eventually do get new cords that's definitely on the list.

Hehe...saw this build being started almost a year ago, thought I followed it but it seems during the forum layout being updated or something it unfollowed... :P 

Very nice build, I wonder how much you got murdered by Australian prices :/ 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Hehe...saw this build being started almost a year ago, thought I followed it but it seems during the forum layout being updated or something it unfollowed... :P 

Very nice build, I wonder how much you got murdered by Australian prices :/ 

Well i'm pretty much paying double US pricing plus a bit. Soo I could probably make 2 of these systems in the US for the same price. Its not about the money though, the time and passion I put into this project was so worth it. Definitely doing another table in the future.

5 minutes ago, ClownFace1511 said:

Well i'm pretty much paying double US pricing plus a bit. Soo I could probably make 2 of these systems in the US for the same price. Its not about the money though, the time and passion I put into this project was so worth it. Definitely doing another table in the future.

Fair enough :D well good luck on your quest for a second table (when you do end up doing another one :)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

4 hours ago, ClownFace1511 said:

These cables I am currently using are just extensions and were only meant to be temporary. After getting a few quotes for custom length cables (some in excess of 1 meter) it turned out to be around $500 so I decided to keep the temp ones. I did think about combos but I would have to remove the cables from one end of the plug and then thread the combs in, not to mention the cables are a bit tight at the moment which adds to the problem. It would be nice but if I eventually do get new cords that's definitely on the list.

You can get ones that just clip on :)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Coming Soon!

44IEAZN.jpg

W8fOLAs.png

Those 4 empty slots on my Asus X99 deluxe was crying to be filled so lucky the G.Skill ram was a little bit discounted and decided to throw it in my order along with another item which ill put up soon. I looks really nice and its an extra 16gb that I didn't have before. Enjoy.

tz8UFeo.jpg

OI1i3wL.jpg

Vhj8WNZ.jpg

VNCtI4h.jpg

Xxzj8v8.jpg

uNWQT47.jpg

6SNl9aA.jpg

uPm2EUW.jpg

lhtFnSE.jpg

v02M9kw.png

Its finally happened!! Since day 1 of this table I have wanted this monitor, 4k, Gsync. Every since it was announced at CES 2015 I have been wanting it. I have read so many things about the backlight bleed and the more quality control but I also heard they also have good warranty so I wasn't worried too much. After unboxing it I set it up straight away, and man, its something from another world. My unit has no noticeable backlight bleed, there is the smallest bit the size of your nail on the bottom right corner but you have to look at just the right angle. Using the monitor for around 3 days now I haven't noticed the bleed or any light spots anywhere so as far as im concerned they fixed the backlight bleed issues.

Here are my problems. Being on windows 7, scaling is a pain in the a**. I have my 1080p benq and the 4k one setup and I have to make windows 150% but that also leads to my 1080p monitor being 150%. After researching it a bit I have no choice but to go to windows 10 in hope that the dpi scaling is better and I heard you can also set scaling for each monitor separately. Scaling is the major downfall but I can live with it for now, photoshop and most applications are really small and I have tried to fix it but hasn't really helped, ill wait till win 10 to fix it all up. 

As for gaming... GSync confuses me a bit and im still wrapping my head around it. I have made vertical sync in nvidia settings as "Use the 3D Application settings" but for monitor technology GSync is on. I have been playing Shellshock tanks recently so I decided to see if it would work on 4k and it did. Having that game on ultra isnt demanding at all and I was getting 250+ fps. As for some proper games, aka Witcher 3, The Division, GTA 5, well there is a slight issue. 1. Im in test time for uni so I haven't had a chance to play any games and 2. The Division has the worst SLI support that once I get in game my computer shuts down and says there was a power surge. Now i have tried a 3rd party SLI profile patch, also changing the version number, basically everything and I cant get it to work. By accident SLI was off and everything was on max and I was getting 37-40ish fps and the game was running without crashing. Ill make a future post about fps and everything after I upgrade to win 10.

Enjoy the pics :)

icyAOFl.jpg

G5XoXqw.jpg

rmadxuN.jpg

ZtzeKvF.jpg

mKRUDzP.jpg

XmDUe2H.jpg

dpmdDMr.jpg

Kxo7CzK.jpg

h0cWcfs.jpg

inAo4Y9.jpg

5LACWhQ.jpg

3 minutes ago, ClownFace1511 said:

v02M9kw.png

Its finally happened!! Since day 1 of this table I have wanted this monitor, 4k, Gsync. Every since it was announced at CES 2015 I have been wanting it. I have read so many things about the backlight bleed and the more quality control but I also heard they also have good warranty so I wasn't worried too much. After unboxing it I set it up straight away, and man, its something from another world. My unit has no noticeable backlight bleed, there is the smallest bit the size of your nail on the bottom right corner but you have to look at just the right angle. Using the monitor for around 3 days now I haven't noticed the bleed or any light spots anywhere so as far as im concerned they fixed the backlight bleed issues.

Here are my problems. Being on windows 7, scaling is a pain in the a**. I have my 1080p benq and the 4k one setup and I have to make windows 150% but that also leads to my 1080p monitor being 150%. After researching it a bit I have no choice but to go to windows 10 in hope that the dpi scaling is better and I heard you can also set scaling for each monitor separately. Scaling is the major downfall but I can live with it for now, photoshop and most applications are really small and I have tried to fix it but hasn't really helped, ill wait till win 10 to fix it all up. 

As for gaming... GSync confuses me a bit and im still wrapping my head around it. I have made vertical sync in nvidia settings as "Use the 3D Application settings" but for monitor technology GSync is on. I have been playing Shellshock tanks recently so I decided to see if it would work on 4k and it did. Having that game on ultra isnt demanding at all and I was getting 250+ fps. As for some proper games, aka Witcher 3, The Division, GTA 5, well there is a slight issue. 1. Im in test time for uni so I haven't had a chance to play any games and 2. The Division has the worst SLI support that once I get in game my computer shuts down and says there was a power surge. Now i have tried a 3rd party SLI profile patch, also changing the version number, basically everything and I cant get it to work. By accident SLI was off and everything was on max and I was getting 37-40ish fps and the game was running without crashing. Ill make a future post about fps and everything after I upgrade to win 10.

Enjoy the pics :)

Did you try routing the keyboard wire away from the glass?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

9 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Did you try routing the keyboard wire away from the glass?

I thought about it but i dont really have much of a choice. Its gonna be viable and there isnt any decent wireless keyboards.

1 minute ago, ClownFace1511 said:

I thought about it but i dont really have much of a choice. Its gonna be viable and there isnt any decent wireless keyboards.

Maybe manage it around the glass using cable routing clips?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

3 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

Maybe manage it around the glass using cable routing clips?

Either way its gonna go over the top of the table :P, my normal keyboard position is over the window anyway lol.

All SLI issues fixed, the new asus X99 deluxe bios was causing the system to crash due to power surges... After wasting about 4 hours trying different things to fix my sli problems I reverted back to the previous bios 2101 and everything is sweet. Now I can enjoy games in 4k :)