Asus X99 Issue?

Daniel0898

So after a couple of days getting and using the Asus x99 pro/USB 3.1 motherboard, I would put it into sleep mode, not a big deal right?

Well when i woke up the next morning and my computer would be completely turned off and I was like, "Well that's strange oh well I'll just power it back on"

So then I do that and I gives me q-code 6f, and goes into a boot-loop. 

6f on the x99 stands for "System agent DXE initialization." I didn't really know what that meant so I google it and apparently it can mean a number of things like; ram is put in incorrectly, or something is up with your cpu.

Anyways the first time it happened I played around with ram placement and i eventually put it back in the same spots I started with and it powered on, and the computer worked fine.

I was hoping this was just a small glitch or something like one of my ram sticks wasn't quite right or whatever.

So then later that day I put my computer to sleep to go to work, and I come home and my power is off again, there is no blinking power button. I go ahead and press the power button and once again it says 6f and goes into a boot-loop.

Now I'm scared because i read an online post that said it could be a bent pin on my mobo. So i take off my h100i GTX cpu cooler and i check the pins and everything looks good, so i reinstall my cpu and put my h100i back on, and powered everything up and well now I'm here.

I have no idea what to do I looked at tons of articles and most end with it being a ram thing, but I have checked that a million times so I'm not sure what to do...at this point I'm going to start completely shutting down my computer overnight to hopefully avoid this until I find a permanent fix.

ANY help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

I don't know whats going on. However, I don't think its your CPU, or els it wouldn't work at all from the beginning the first time you had issues.

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5
I like outdoor warning sirens. Ask me anything about them.

I don't know whats going on. However, I don't think its your CPU, or els it wouldn't work at all from the beginning the first time you had issues.

Sorry, some new information has led me to believe that that wasn't a 6, it was in fact a lowercase b. This means that coming out of sleep my vccsa (system agent voltage) is to low at stock and i need to turn it up, this should fix the issue.

Source: http://www.overclock.net/t/1510328/asus-x99-motherboard-series-official-support-thread-north-american-users-only/4140

And that the only reason I was able to get out of the boot-loop in the first place was because I flipped the power switch on my psu.

Hm ok, well I can't help now, but good luck!

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5
I like outdoor warning sirens. Ask me anything about them.

Alright, np, thanks for the help though :)

I figured I would let you know that my solution worked out!

• 5 years later...

You saved me. I thought my computer had died, but flipping off the power supply for a couple minutes did the trick. Thank you so much!