Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bradscoolio

Post your Good Ghetto mods

So, I had yet to test this gpu that i was repairing quite some time ago...(it doesn't fit in my case) 

so I made my own GHETTO case mod to turn any case into an open air test bench!

post-172131-0-12412800-1428211305_thumb.

While, I was taking my board out to make this happen I learned why it is important to read directions...Now, I'm an AMD guy sort of, but AMD's processors have been lacking so I picked up an intel one recently.

Story short, I had the Heatsink fall off on me... since apparently You aren't suppose to twist the knobs on the cooler for install (oops, directions what are those?)

just glad it didn't fall off while i was running the system overclocked at any point...I guess.

So i have my GHETTO card with a GHETTO case mod atm...(i'll take the card out and return the case to normal until i can get a new one...but I sort of like how it looks tbh...

(insert picture)

Well missing this pic atm since phone won't send them to my e-mail :/

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

Hello everyone and welcome to my ghetto mosfet cooler thingy I have done. So you might know or not know. Is that I have a M5A97 LE R2.0 and it doesn't have a heatsink to help with overclocking so I decided to make my own little cooler for it.

First attempt. So the very first thing I did was first go grocery shopping and get those little green tab things at Winco, they help tie bags up. And use some left over long black wire from the goodie bag from my case that I purchased long ago. So here is the first attempt at doing it.

2qaUgJi.jpg?1

As you can see that this is what my PC looks like. Yea I know lots of wires too lazy to improve wiring skills.

Close up of what it looks like C6U5Xvz.jpg So what happened here was that I messed up on the placement of the wires and the tabs. I figured that it would be enough to cool the mosfets however it seems I made the mistake of it being too far.

Now I had to move some stuff around and what not as you can see in this other image...

l8hdrL4.jpg
You see here I actually managed to make the fan stay still by having a wire go through one of the holes on the top left where one of the exhaust fans are. And another wire going to the Enermax fan and connecting the fans together to make tension and make the fan stay still.

Now I don't have the final images yet. However imagine the fan now being more close to the mosfets in " The Close Up " spoiler tag.

And yea my own little ghetto mosfet fan mod.

Also If you are wondering what fans I have....the one for the mosfet is the AMD stock fan. The left is a stock fan that came with the case. The two on the top are from a computer I scrapped they are both blue One pulls in air the other draws out air.. And the last one at the bottom right was also a scrapped fan from a  computer and used for cooling the HDD's I have. Lastly the one for the CPU is a blue LED light fan and it cools my CPU pretty nicely.

I got the best Waifu a man could ever ask for Lieselotte Sherlock is my girl ( in my profile pic ) 

@Ramamataz

Why don't you just go to your local hobby store and grab a couple bags of tiny aluminum heatsyncs, thermal pads, and some epoxy. Use the epoxy and tiny heatsyncs to form oversized heatsyncs and attach them with sticky thermal pads?

Or are you too lazy to do that also?

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Damn those cables are a shit show. 

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

Damn those cables are a shit show. 

only the best  of cable homie

I got the best Waifu a man could ever ask for Lieselotte Sherlock is my girl ( in my profile pic ) 

-snip-

Damn ... weird ....

well as long as it works and really improves your oc ... go for it!

In addition to that I'd get some little sticky heatsinks or something like that! (Like Vendetta said)

DX12 does NOT stack VRAM in SLI (read here). There is no 'Bottleneck' (read here). Windows installed the CORRECT way (Read here).

Damn ... weird ....

well as long as it works and really improves your oc ... go for it!

In addition to that I'd get some little sticky heatsinks or something like that! (Like Vendetta said)

Could you link me to some ?

@Ramamataz

Why don't you just go to your local hobby store and grab a couple bags of tiny aluminum heatsyncs, thermal pads, and some epoxy. Use the epoxy and tiny heatsyncs to form oversized heatsyncs and attach them with sticky thermal pads?

Or are you too lazy to do that also?

hmm good idea.. can you link some for me ?

hmm good idea.. can you link some for me ?

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/83-13677?scode=GS401&utm_medium=cse&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=google&catargetid=530004080000290963&cadevice=c&gclid=COewocn-wcUCFQwtaQodu0YArg

Are what I'm talking about, get a few bags of them and epoxy them together to make larger ones that will cover all of the mosfets and shit and then attach them with sticky thermal pads or fuck you could probably just use thermal paste since I'm sure it would stick well enough lol

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

THE HORROR. Freaking cable manage my eyes hurt

Its beautiful ^~^

Also here is the finished product. It really helped me I can now get to 4.5 GHZ on my processor YES!

LCtwVoB.jpg

Let me see you Ghetto mods that look nice.  Here is my ghetto mounted raid card in my 800D.  Too cheap to upgrade to 2011 for more PCIe Lanes.  :P

post-37299-0-66029000-1434759912_thumb.j

post-37299-0-72751400-1434759913_thumb.j

Added a Backplate Cutout to the motherboard tray of my Silverstone FT01.  Also, ghetto cable ties.

dsMK317.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

Let me see you Ghetto mods that look nice.  Here is my ghetto mounted raid card in my 800D.  Too cheap to upgrade to 2011 for more PCIe Lanes.  :P

You are using an USB to PCI-E adapter for a RAID card? Don't you slow down the drives heavily?

Here is my passive (more or less ghetto) cooling mod:

post-216771-0-56639600-1434805009_thumb.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

You are using an USB to PCI-E adapter for a RAID card? Don't you slow down the drives heavily?

Here is my passive (more or less ghetto) cooling mod:

attachicon.gifAsus GTX970 Strix mod.jpg

Its a PCIE extension.  It used the USB 3.0 cable to extend the PCIE 1x with out the need of emi shielding.  Coin Miners use it a ton. I get 1.5GB read and 1GB wright on 4x PCIE.  I get 1GB read and 800MB write with 1x.   Not that big of a hit.  Every thing els in my pc will be a bodle neck when it comes to moving files to any other media. 

Mistakenly bought a 3 pin fan instead of a 2 pin fan to replace my PSU's dying fan. Didn't feel like buying an adapter or stripping the cable so I made this simple ghetto mod and connected the fan to the case's fan controller. Now I can even lower the fan speed down.. yey.

ciJpq75.jpgZT3zEmH.jpg

PSU looks dodgy, but oh well.

Spoiler

Main PC || CPU - Xeon E3 1231 V3 || Motherboard - MSI Z97 PC Mate || CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO || RAM - 1x8GB HyperX Fury Blue || Graphics card - MSI TwinFrozr V GTX 970 || Storage - 1x BX100 250GB, 1x 1TB WD Blue || PSU - EVGA G2 750W || Case - Corsair 200R

TV PC || CPU - Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz 1.2V || Motherboard - MSI H81M-P33 || CPU Cooler - Stock || RAM - 2x4GB random Samsung RAM || Graphics card - Intel HD Graphics (will be R9 390 in a few weeks) || Storage - 1x SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB, 1x Samsung 1.5TB HDD || PSU - Corsair CX600M || Case - None (soon to be Cooler Master Elite 430)

Looks and sounds shmexy :)

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Ya....you probably should have just gotten a new psu altogether. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Ya....you probably should have just gotten a new psu altogether. 

PSU looks dodgy, but oh well.

Damn it people , not everyone has $50+ lying around

Looks great.

Damn it people , not everyone has $50+ lying around

Looks great.

People don't have a few hundred bucks laying around for a new system when that one blows up because of the PSU blowing up.

Spoiler

Main PC || CPU - Xeon E3 1231 V3 || Motherboard - MSI Z97 PC Mate || CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO || RAM - 1x8GB HyperX Fury Blue || Graphics card - MSI TwinFrozr V GTX 970 || Storage - 1x BX100 250GB, 1x 1TB WD Blue || PSU - EVGA G2 750W || Case - Corsair 200R

TV PC || CPU - Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz 1.2V || Motherboard - MSI H81M-P33 || CPU Cooler - Stock || RAM - 2x4GB random Samsung RAM || Graphics card - Intel HD Graphics (will be R9 390 in a few weeks) || Storage - 1x SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB, 1x Samsung 1.5TB HDD || PSU - Corsair CX600M || Case - None (soon to be Cooler Master Elite 430)