Post your Good Ghetto mods

Fridge_PC.jpg

Thats actually cool, much pun intended

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

There was one video with NCIX Esther I believe, from a LAN party or a convention of sorts, where this one guy had a separate room fan right on top of his computer, which had a cardboard tunnel that connected the fan with the CPU, guy said that it was the only way to make his computer work.

Can´t get the pic right now, will thy and look for it.

Found this '07 Mac Pro case on the side of the road completely gutted, thought I'd do a bit of a mod challenge but go bored half way through. The graphics card is literally the only thing holding the motherboard in place except for a little piece of wood I found in the garage that sits at the bottom which the mobo rests on. I am using zero motherboard standoff mounts as the current ones are non ATX, they just have so tape on them so they don't damage the back of the mobo. The fans are secured using double sided tape and I don't even have a side panel. Been using it for the last two or so months. I couldn't be bothered cutting that metal thing out of the top to make room for the PSU so I just bent it up :P The screws at the back are also the only thing holding the PSU up, and I'm not using an I/O shield for the mobo, just cut the back out. I also use a lead pencil with a Jamaican headed dude at the end of it to hold up the GPU's weight, which effectively also holds up the mobo. I'll get a new case one day... thinking about modding my old Bitfenix Shinobi. Notably, the air flow is fantastic. And yes, I did the whole putting back together on a shaggy carpet rug. I like to live on the edge. Build of the week potential?

post-2523-0-52598100-1374507259.jpg

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Do I spy condensation pipes? True ghetto watercooling?

03a67261_Cold.jpeg

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Time for some EXTREME overclocking!

LOL, that's what my dad thinks I should do since my CPU is overheating :P

That looks more like phase-change cooling than water cooling if that is an air-con unit.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

LOL, that's what my dad thinks I should do since my CPU is overheating :P

Well it's summer there, it's hot in Texas as is. Drop your OC during the rest of the summer?

p1020704.jpg

dsc06548bs2.jpg\

ghetto10.jpg?w=468

Awesome_Keyboard-500x270.jpg <- Favorite of mine as a keyboard geek.

casemodding_microwave.jpg

lego.jpg

Picture1133.jpg

That lego one isn't ghetto, that's awesome

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

03a67261_Cold.jpeg

wtf am I looking at lmao

I kind of already made this thread, It went Necro though. I'll let you off but remember to search if there's already a thread :/

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

03a67261_Cold.jpeg

I'm sorry but that is just badass.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Found this '07 Mac Pro case on the side of the road completely gutted, thought I'd do a bit of a mod challenge but go bored half way through. The graphics card is literally the only thing holding the motherboard in place except for a little piece of wood I found in the garage that sits at the bottom which the mobo rests on. I am using zero motherboard standoff mounts as the current ones are non ATX, they just have so tape on them so they don't damage the back of the mobo. The fans are secured using double sided tape and I don't even have a side panel. Been using it for the last two or so months. I couldn't be bothered cutting that metal thing out of the top to make room for the PSU so I just bent it up :P The screws at the back are also the only thing holding the PSU up, and I'm not using an I/O shield for the mobo, just cut the back out. I also use a lead pencil with a Jamaican headed dude at the end of it to hold up the GPU's weight, which effectively also holds up the mobo. I'll get a new case one day... thinking about modding my old Bitfenix Shinobi. Notably, the air flow is fantastic. And yes, I did the whole putting back together on a shaggy carpet rug. I like to live on the edge. Build of the week potential?

this is sacrilege... i actually searched long and hard for one of these cases. if i had found one i would have a hackintosh with parallels but i unfortunately had no luck....

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

this is sacrilege... i actually searched long and hard for one of these cases. if i had found one i would have a hackintosh with parallels but i unfortunately had no luck....

It was just lucky  :) But I really will get around to finishing it off one day, I just don't have a lot of spare time at the moment and I wanted to get it working. I'll make it up to you  ^_^

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

you sure have a lot of zip ties!

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

Well it's summer there, it's hot in Texas as is. Drop your OC during the rest of the summer?

air conditioning, it makes a difference

• 3 weeks later...

My case (HAF912 Plus) didn't have a USB3.0 port in the front. This is how I fixed it. I cable-tied an extension cable on the top :P

bndi5n.jpg 

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile