Post your Good Ghetto mods

okay guys post your ghetto solutions to problems you had. here is mine semi made!

a phone stand! where you can also charge your phone, i was sick of not being able to see my phone. :D its semi made, need to make it look nice than thats a completion in my books.

lets see yours.

post-38716-0-29089200-1427907200.jpg

post-38716-0-65231800-1427907201.jpg

post-38716-0-64827000-1427907202.jpg

post-38716-0-98866300-1427907203.jpg

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

The most ghetto mod I have made is a lego computer case.

The specs are,

Intel Pentium d 2.8 ghzs

1.5 ddr2

600 watt psu,,

Evga gtx 640

7200 rpm seagate 250gbt

Fan hub,

Actually that is pretty cool not even gettho

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Backside of my Prodigy mod. I don't know how to solder

uDPNsSb.jpg

My storage room password cracking rig. Cracks WPA/WPA2 at ~300K/second vs. ~5K/second using a desktop CPU.

Why do you have a password cracking rig?

HTID

Finally a forum I can contribute to!

the old rig, now used for netflix while I game on my new rig (or for the ladyfriend's gaming)- Dell vostro 220s from my former boss, put in a r7 240, intel q9550s (used) and topped her out at 4gb ddr2

I got bored and decided 60c wasnt cool enough so i used 3" pvc and tape to make a duct to bring in fresh air from the room

This did take about 10c off my graphics card and 7c off the CPU load temps. The blue filters are a few layers of extra furnace filters i have laying around

2vdlheb.jpg

3" pvc worked out great in every dimension for this duct

you can also see that the graphics card is not screwed in or even close to the mounting slot (came with 2 sets and neither worked) and the cable that attaches the VGA port seemingly had no possible way of mounting while keeping the shroud on.  has been like this for over a year and has had no problems.  

ete0q8.jpg

If you can see there is one wire coming from the bottom fan into the duct.  this is one of the four LEDs in the fan so it lights up the cpu duct 

20sj689.jpg

zjdjcm.jpg

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

This fan filter made from a curtain... 

snip

why do you use a filter for a rear exhaust?!

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

To Theo-why do you use a filter for a rear exhaust?!

judging from the dust on the outside of his filter I'd say Theo has his rear fan flipped around so its an intake.

I did the same thing so that I could have my exhaust right by the graphics card instead of circulating the hot air around in the case before finally getting out the back

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

So, I had yet to test this gpu that i was repairing quite some time ago...(it doesn't fit in my case) 

so I made my own GHETTO case mod to turn any case into an open air test bench!

post-172131-0-12412800-1428211305_thumb.

While, I was taking my board out to make this happen I learned why it is important to read directions...Now, I'm an AMD guy sort of, but AMD's processors have been lacking so I picked up an intel one recently.

Story short, I had the Heatsink fall off on me... since apparently You aren't suppose to twist the knobs on the cooler for install (oops, directions what are those?)

just glad it didn't fall off while i was running the system overclocked at any point...I guess.

So i have my GHETTO card with a GHETTO case mod atm...(i'll take the card out and return the case to normal until i can get a new one...but I sort of like how it looks tbh...

(insert picture)

Well missing this pic atm since phone won't send them to my e-mail :/

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone and welcome to my ghetto mosfet cooler thingy I have done. So you might know or not know. Is that I have a M5A97 LE R2.0 and it doesn't have a heatsink to help with overclocking so I decided to make my own little cooler for it.

First attempt. So the very first thing I did was first go grocery shopping and get those little green tab things at Winco, they help tie bags up. And use some left over long black wire from the goodie bag from my case that I purchased long ago. So here is the first attempt at doing it.

2qaUgJi.jpg?1

As you can see that this is what my PC looks like. Yea I know lots of wires too lazy to improve wiring skills.

Close up of what it looks like C6U5Xvz.jpg So what happened here was that I messed up on the placement of the wires and the tabs. I figured that it would be enough to cool the mosfets however it seems I made the mistake of it being too far.

Now I had to move some stuff around and what not as you can see in this other image...

l8hdrL4.jpg
You see here I actually managed to make the fan stay still by having a wire go through one of the holes on the top left where one of the exhaust fans are. And another wire going to the Enermax fan and connecting the fans together to make tension and make the fan stay still.

Now I don't have the final images yet. However imagine the fan now being more close to the mosfets in " The Close Up " spoiler tag.

And yea my own little ghetto mosfet fan mod.

Also If you are wondering what fans I have....the one for the mosfet is the AMD stock fan. The left is a stock fan that came with the case. The two on the top are from a computer I scrapped they are both blue One pulls in air the other draws out air.. And the last one at the bottom right was also a scrapped fan from a  computer and used for cooling the HDD's I have. Lastly the one for the CPU is a blue LED light fan and it cools my CPU pretty nicely.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

@Ramamataz

Why don't you just go to your local hobby store and grab a couple bags of tiny aluminum heatsyncs, thermal pads, and some epoxy. Use the epoxy and tiny heatsyncs to form oversized heatsyncs and attach them with sticky thermal pads?

Or are you too lazy to do that also?

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Damn those cables are a shit show. 

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

Damn those cables are a shit show. 

only the best  of cable homie

-snip-

Damn ... weird ....

well as long as it works and really improves your oc ... go for it!

In addition to that I'd get some little sticky heatsinks or something like that! (Like Vendetta said)

blubb

Damn ... weird ....

well as long as it works and really improves your oc ... go for it!

In addition to that I'd get some little sticky heatsinks or something like that! (Like Vendetta said)

Could you link me to some ?

@Ramamataz

Why don't you just go to your local hobby store and grab a couple bags of tiny aluminum heatsyncs, thermal pads, and some epoxy. Use the epoxy and tiny heatsyncs to form oversized heatsyncs and attach them with sticky thermal pads?

Or are you too lazy to do that also?

hmm good idea.. can you link some for me ?

hmm good idea.. can you link some for me ?

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/83-13677?scode=GS401&utm_medium=cse&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=google&catargetid=530004080000290963&cadevice=c&gclid=COewocn-wcUCFQwtaQodu0YArg

Are what I'm talking about, get a few bags of them and epoxy them together to make larger ones that will cover all of the mosfets and shit and then attach them with sticky thermal pads or fuck you could probably just use thermal paste since I'm sure it would stick well enough lol

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

THE HORROR. Freaking cable manage my eyes hurt

Its beautiful ^~^

Also here is the finished product. It really helped me I can now get to 4.5 GHZ on my processor YES!

LCtwVoB.jpg

• 1 month later...

Let me see you Ghetto mods that look nice.  Here is my ghetto mounted raid card in my 800D.  Too cheap to upgrade to 2011 for more PCIe Lanes.  :P

post-37299-0-66029000-1434759912_thumb.j

post-37299-0-72751400-1434759913_thumb.j

NOTE: Getting ready to maybe remove the rear switch, since I found a front power switch. Right now it's just the switch (no wire hooked up to it anymore).

17687979503_fd9ffa0a42_h.jpgBig update 1 by Travis McClelland, on Flickr

18120852920_508b2ed892_h.jpgBig update 1 by Travis McClelland, on Flickr

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Added a Backplate Cutout to the motherboard tray of my Silverstone FT01.  Also, ghetto cable ties.

dsMK317.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

Let me see you Ghetto mods that look nice.  Here is my ghetto mounted raid card in my 800D.  Too cheap to upgrade to 2011 for more PCIe Lanes.  :P

You are using an USB to PCI-E adapter for a RAID card? Don't you slow down the drives heavily?

Here is my passive (more or less ghetto) cooling mod:

post-216771-0-56639600-1434805009_thumb.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil