PS 4 or Xbox one

chamath

I'm hoping to buy a console. I need opinions on these 2 choices. Which one should I get???

Also, Which service is more cost effective PSN or Xbox live??

Whichever has the exclusives you want to play, or whichever your friends have that you want to play with.

Live/PSN is pretty much the same. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Have both, which ever you have more friends on.

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

ya id say the sole 2 things that decide are the 2 things mentioned above either the exclusives or friends if you play alot of online I think PSN plus is a bit of a better deal wit hthe extra shit you get...but they are basicly the same.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

PS4 better specs, Xbox One better UI, controller

|||My Opinion|||

Xbox  one backward compatibility too :D

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

I'd buy an Xbox One, backwards compatibility is a major selling point tbh assuming majority of the games will work.

I'm hoping to buy a console. I need opinions on these 2 choices. Which one should I get???

Also, Which service is more cost effective PSN or Xbox live??

I depends, if you have more friend who play PS4 get PS4 if you have more friends who have the XBONE get the XBONE. If your friends havent gotten a next gen yet I would reccomend the PS4 as it is more powerful than the XBONE but the XBONE has a better controller in my opinion.  And PSN/Live are pretty much the same. Plus if COD is your thing the PS4 gets DLC earlier than the XBONE and PC. The XBONE now has backwards compatibility. 

So really it depends. I hope this comment helped you!

Xbox one may be weaker but it has better exclusive titles, support and compatibility with Windows 10 e.g. Xbox app and streaming. Also, the ps4s games sometimes get fps cuts to reach 1080p. But if your friends use the ps4 or you love nuaghty dog (can't blame you there) then the ps4 is the way to go. But phill Spencer is turning the Xbox one around. And if you use Windows it is probably the better option.

PS4 if you're into just gaming.

XBox if you want a media box or something.

I don't always use Vessel.... but when I do, it's because of Scrapyard Wars.