Bethesda admits they reduced Fallout 4 graphics to focus on other things + no paid mods (for now) or microtransactions

Bouzoo

At first I was not impressed by Fallout 4 graphics. After watching the uncompressed trailer and E3 stuff it's obvious how much better it looks than the first trailer. And I don't mind this look, it has that Fallout look with some pretty nice eye candy. No one expects it to be new Crysis.

Everything that we do is a balance. We could make the best looking game possible, but we dial some of that back in order to allow for all of these other things". Hines also added: "If you want to pick flowers and make potions all day, then that's what you're role-playing. If you want to go shoot everybody in the head with a laser-musket, then that's what you're role-playing".

Also it seems they learned something from the whole paid Skyrim mods fiasco.

“How long was the payment system online? 24 hours? I can only speak for the present time, but currently there are no plans for a payment system.”

The interviewer also went on to ask whether microtransactions would be used, akin to those in Assassin’s Creed: Unity that upset so many gamers, to which Todd Howard simply replied, “No.”

These are good news, since we know some AAA games are introducing microtransactions.

They say it's because of crafting and stuff  they had to do reduce graphics (focus more on other things), but ofc, there are rumours it's because of consoles. What do you think?

Please don't make this in a PCMR vs peasants thread. If it escalates I'll ask mods myself to lock the thread. Ty for understanding.

Graphics suorce

Mods and microtransactions source

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Swear to god if they did it just for people on console, what the fuck. I don't have a GTX 970 for nothing.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I think that they should release this finished version first, but than add the original planned graphics as free DLC.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Mods

That is all.

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

I think he said that more in line of "we don't have better graphics because we focused more on new mechanics" instead of "we downgraded the shit out of the game"

At least I hope that is it

I really hope that their engine is not as unoptimized and clunky as Skyrim was.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Well good.

If they make it so mods are properly supported, I wont complain

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

With the amount of content in the game it makes sense. I don't think it is entirely to do with consoles but I am sure they had to consider them, too. I'm also sure it will still look godly beautiful on PC and with mods it will look even greater.

Besides, I'd prefer optimization at the cost of a slightly watered down graphical setting.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Having to dial the graphics back due to crafting really doesn't make sense IMO... because of the consoles on the other hand... such a shame its already coming into play so early in their life cycle :(

Well good.

If they make it so mods are properly supported, I wont complain

They said they won't charge for mods which

Is a good sign.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

They said they won't charge for mods which

Is a good sign.

Oh boy, I don't see them doing that anymore any time soon xD

I just hope they make something like the (Skyrim) Creation Kit soon.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Of course it's to allow for consoles to he able to run the game. They give us this reason because of the PR shitstorm that admitting that the current-gen consoles are horribly underpowered would cause.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

At first I was not impressed by F4 graphics. After watching the uncompressed trailer and E3 stuff it's obvious how much better it looks than the first trailer. And I don't mind this look, it has that Fallout look woth some pretty nice eye candy. No one expects it to be new Crysis.

Quote:"Everything that we do is a balance. We could make the best looking game possible, but we dial some of that back in order to allow for all of these other things". Hines also added: "If you want to pick flowers and make potions all day, then that's what you're role-playing. If you want to go shoot everybody in the head with a laser-musket, then that's what you're role-playing".

They say it's because of crafting and stuff they had to do it, but ofc, there are rumours it's because of consoles. What do you think?

And please don't make this in a PCMR vs peasants thread (which is gonna be hard). If it escalates I'll ask mods myself to lock the thread. Ty for understanding.

On phone atm and will edit later.

Source:http://www.tweaktown.com/news/45978/bethesda-admit-water-down-fallout-4s-graphics/index.html

What does uncompressed video and reduced graphics have to do with each other?

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I would much rather have seamless interiors (this will be the first game from them without instanced interiors) so I'm just happy they made the correct choice.

Who wants more Skyrim-esque loading screens 160 times a session? Not me!

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Considering the timing of such a statement I believe they had something more impressive graphically and then already downgrading instead of making the mistake of showing us something mind blowing then downgrading it. I mean they already showed e3 xbox one gameplay and it looked great, so I have no doubt that pc version will look great too.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I would much rather have seamless interiors (this will be the first game from them without instanced interiors) so I'm just happy they made the correct choice.

Who wants more Skyrim-esque loading screens 160 times a session? Not me!

have you ever played Skyrim on console? Well I have and all those loading screens are like 15 seconds long ... (PS3).

It was pretty terrible :(

Swear to god if they did it just for people on console, what the fuck. I don't have a GTX 970 for nothing.

ENB son.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

I dont understand why devs "dial back" the graphics at all, isnt that what graphics options are for?

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

I dont understand why devs "dial back" the graphics at all, isnt that what graphics options are for?

Why is it on Lowest settings I get 160FPS on Grand Theft Auto V, but on Lowest settings in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, I get 400, 500, or even 600? 

When developers mention "graphics," they don't just mean "Anisotropic Filtering," or "Ambient Occlusion." They're referring to the actual polygons in models, texture resolutions, how the lighting engine works, and so forth. 

That being said, for games like Fallout, graphics were never my highlight. It was always the atmosphere. That's why I was so upset with Fallout: New Vegas. Fallout 3 had amazing atmosphere, and even decent graphics for the time. So as long as they nail the scale, mechanics, and atmosphere, I won't be too upset if the game "looks" like it's from 2011. 

Its not like we saw the graphics before, so im not angry at a downgrade

If they feel it leads to a better optimized more fun experience, then I am happy, it still looks like an upgrade from 3 and NV so I am happy 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Why is it on Lowest settings I get 160FPS on Grand Theft Auto V, but on Lowest settings in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, I get 400, 500, or even 600? 

When developers mention "graphics," they don't just mean "Anisotropic Filtering," or "Ambient Occlusion." They're referring to the actual polygons in models, texture resolutions, how the lighting engine works, and so forth. 

That being said, for games like Fallout, graphics were never my highlight. It was always the atmosphere. That's why I was so upset with Fallout: New Vegas. Fallout 3 had amazing atmosphere, and even decent graphics for the time. So as long as they nail the scale, mechanics, and atmosphere, I won't be too upset if the game "looks" like it's from 2011. 

But aren´t most of the things you mentioned fairly scaleable / or "turn-off-able"? Sry for butchering the english language there

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

I am not building a dual 290X space heater for this kind of shit developers do, just make it so on ultra presets it looks good that's all I want, you can make it so on low settings it will run on a R5 230, just as long as you make it look good on ultra.

Skyrim with the official textures looks beautiful on ultra. Fallout 4 will as well since it is the exact same engine.