AMD Withdraw KitGuru's Fury X Sample over "negative stance towards AMD" (Updated with response from AMD)

VMaxMuffin

Pretty much AMD isn't going to give free samples to people they see as biased. Linus doesn't seem to have a fanboy level of hate for AMD so I'm sure he'll still get a sample and if it's good he'll say it's good. It's not trying to manipulate the news, it's like choosing not to have a 12 year old girl represent you. They can choose who they give samples, and nothing is stopping people who don't get free samples for buying a unit and reviewing it anyway

You don't want a white supremacist being the voice of America's popular opinion of Africa

You don't want a Nvidia fanboy being the voice of consumers' popular opinion of AMD

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

I got this in my recommended YT list.  I watched it about 7 times before I laughed... I think I am in a good mood, or tired:

...everyone is entitled to a SP every now and then, right?  :mellow:

I'm skimming the comments (because for one, there are 600 on OCN about this right now), and I have to say, not bad for LTT forums. Pretty decent discussion. The video was mentioned pretty early on.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

kitguru need to realize that a reveal is not the same as a release before they make any videos....

AMD Rig - (Upgraded): FX 8320 @ 4.8 Ghz, Corsair H100i GTX, ROG Crosshair V Formula, Ghz, 16 GB 1866 Mhz Ram, Msi R9 280x Gaming 3G @ 1150 Mhz, Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB, Win 10 Home

(My first Intel + Nvidia experience  - recently bought ) : MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G ( i7 6820HK, 16 GB RAM, 980M SLI, GSync, 1080p , 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD... FeelsGoodMan

It's pretty clear AMD is really changing up how they market themselves.  Funding a conference at E3 and buying expensive ads in new york, focusing on regular streamers rather than the entrenched press etc.  It reminds me of when Nintendo said fuck E3 and started doing Nintendo Direct.  Increasingly the "middle man" is becoming more irrelevant.

At the end of the day, 10 poorly done benchmarks is good enough to show the performance of the card than 50 poorly done benchmarks.  And once the card is in the wild, reviews mean even less.  My guess is they're sending 1-2 cards for each major EU language to cherry picked review sites that they think will give the best impression and have the most impact.

I kind of prefer it to the Nvidia approach of paying every reviewer under the sun to put "GTX 960: The new mid-range sweetspot card" in all their articles/video titles.  Have you tried googling that shit?  http://lmgtfy.com/?q=GTX+960+mid+range+sweet+spot

There is *a* Fury with an air cooler, but the rumour I'm hearing so far is, like I said, reference blower with no aftermarket versions. So no neat Sapphire or Gigabyte air coolers. This could end up not being the case, but I want to wait first.

It's not a massive conspiracy, it's called cherry picking your results. It's very easy to make data look a lot better than it actually is and Nvidia, AMD, Intel all do it every time. It's not lying except by omission, but it is misrepresentative and misleading. You are incredibly naive if you believe a single benchmark statistic that came directly from either AMD or Nvidia.

They may try and misrepresent data, but they don't actively lie about data.  The numbers they give are accurate, but they may alter the conditions of the benchmark slightly.  i.e run at lower graphics settings to hit that magical 60 FPS in an extreme 4K benchmark  And I would trust the benchmarking practices of any of those companies over your average reviewer who has very little understanding of how to do QA/QC.

If I had a nickel everytime someone had an outlier result and just said "HUH THAT'S WEIRD EH" in their benchmarking write up...

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

I would think AMD would WANT to give these away to reviewers no matter what just for objective reasoning. If they believed in their product as much as Nvidia what is the problem. Heck...with all the Nvidia problems with ramgate and coil whine issues you'd think they'd hate everyone. AMD is just playing this wrong but I still don't see AMD fanboys hating on them no matter what. What would they have to do for someone to actually go team green that was a hardcore team red? Has anyone switched sides?

I'm on team myself.... Which ever card looks best for the money I get...or I wait and get something used after the prices come down.

I kind of prefer it to the Nvidia approach of paying every reviewer under the sun to put "GTX 960: The new mid-range sweetspot card" in all their articles/video titles.  Have you tried googling that shit?  http://lmgtfy.com/?q=GTX+960+mid+range+sweet+spot

You got proof of that, or do you just assume they are because they sent out the 960 and called it a mid range sweet spot card in all their material and marketing guff?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I would think AMD would WANT to give these away to reviewers no matter what just for objective reasoning. If they believed in their product as much as Nvidia what is the problem. Heck...with all the Nvidia problems with ramgate and coil whine issues you'd think they'd hate everyone. AMD is just playing this wrong but I still don't see AMD fanboys hating on them no matter what. What would they have to do for someone to actually go team green that was a hardcore team red? Has anyone switched sides?

--

What are you on about?  You have no idea why AMD pulled their review sample.  You did not even take the time to read this thread.  You are posting a terrible argument that was debunked many pages ago... over and over and over.

:D

2) Bit too far on your "I'm done" speech there buddy: I was almost alone in denouncing AMD for their bullshit pricing on the 390x yet I am now the opposite it seems, gg.

We're not talking about the 390X, we're talking about how the only people allowed to say anything about Fury are people who are only allowed to say anything good about it. You are sitting here arguing that that's OK and that you have no trouble dropping $550 on this kind of testimony. That's your prerogative, but I'm not going to spend any money on this until we have an objective opinion. I don't get why you're arguing so much over knowing basic, unbiased information before you spend a decent amount of money on something.

. Will be checking vesle regularly now ...can't wait!

I'm guessing, since it's a product release, that it'll be released on Vessel and YouTube at the same time.

Well I'm perfectly fine with the way this turned out, everyone says that AMD is just hurting themselves by doing this but most haven't seen the actual reason yet. The video was misinformed to say the least, with the person messing up basic facts and in some cases making speculation sound more like fact. Let alone the fact that they posted this information is also unprofessional, private communications between companies shouldn't just be posted on you're front page. If they wanted a review sample they could have went back to AMD and talked about it instead of trying to trash them by posting this story, if anything it just proves AMD's point does it?

At the end of the day AMD isn't obligated to send a review card to every "reviewer" and their uncle. YouTube channels with 1,000 subs won't get one, websites that spew misinformation won't get one, etc. This goes for AMD, Intel and Nvidia.

You got proof of that, or do you just assume they are because they sent out the 960 and called it a mid range sweet spot card in all their material and marketing guff?

Who needs proof to making sweeping, nonsense statement like that? 

What is hype may never die - Cleganebowl 2016

1. small reviewer posts negative content

amd decides to not to give reviewer card

small reviewer gets pissy and posts more negative content

internet explodes

reviewer buys the card and posts behcnmarks or keeps throwing a hissy fit and looses views

no one will give a shit in 2 weeks

Is this a thing now? To dramatize over any news concerning GPU manufacturers? 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

They get reviewers guides and repeat the contents word for word. If they're not being paid for it, then why are they doing a commercial?

So, 10 samples? Well then, this proves two things:

1.) There's no actual issue (other than the fact that this is likely a very limited launch)

2.) AMD made the right decision. KitGuru was probably told why this happened, and for them to react like this means that giving it to them instead of someone AMD is sure will be unbiased makes no sense.

They get reviewers guides and repeat the contents word for word. If they're not being paid for it, then why are they doing a commercial?

So your making assumptions then.   By all means believe that if you want, but without proof don't post it as a fact.

If Nvidia were paying reviewers to say certain things it would have come out by now and the shit storm would be real. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

http://linustechtips...ce-towards-amd/ You didnt even look, this has been there for AGES. And is near the top. Please check so this doesn't happen :)

Weve all done it 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

I am so conflicted with AMD.

I hate them for doing shit like this, but i'm also happy for them doing a comeback in the enthusiast scene.

It was later revealed that AMD is being picky because they only have 10 samples to give.

It was later revealed that AMD is being picky because they only have 10 samples to give.

10 samples for EU, not the whole world.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Yes, that's what I meant.

Even still, I find it difficult that a multi-billion dollar company with a product release date just around the corner can't scrape together more than 10 samples for the EU. 

Even still, I find it difficult that a multi-billion dollar company with a product release date just around the corner can't scrape together more than 10 samples for the EU. 

You and me both. God knows what they are thinking.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Why give away something you can sell for money?

It's not like there still won't be more than enough different sources with benchmarks and reviews for consumers.

photo-thumb-120681.png?_r=1424539487

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack