Asrock support blew my mind today

I emailed them about a cooling issue I'm having for a water cooler and man this is what they told me...

"Thank you for contacting ASRock support.

Unfortunately, we do not have recommendation for water cooler kit.

However, it’s not recommended to using water cooler due to they do not have fan on top of the CPU, causing built-up heat around CPU and VRM (MOSFET) area.

Thank you

ASRock America Support Team"

NURSE NURSE

hes out of the bed again!!

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Why'd you message them about the water cooler anyways?

Premium%20Bottled%20Water%20Cooler.jpg They aren't wrong. 

ASRock need to up their game.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I emailed them about a cooling issue I'm having for a water cooler and man this is what they told me...

However, it’s not recommended to using water cooler due to they do not have fan on top of the CPU, causing built-up heat around CPU and VRM (MOSFET) area.

Thank you

AM3+ board amirite?

This is a signature.

Thank you

Well if you have decent airflow this isn't a issue. I can't really see where this would be a problem unless the board is just garbage . I can see where there coming from tho.

Thats nothing special its common knowledge that AIO's don't have fans meaning heat will build up on the VRM's and Mosfet area. Course Normal case airflow is more then enough to take care of it.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Its Asrock, a company trying to be Asus but failing badly and making Plastic mobos.

Asrock, you are after biostar

Seriously?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Thats nothing special its common knowledge that AIO's don't have fans meaning heat will build up on the VRM's and Mosfet area. Course Normal case airflow is more then enough to take care of it.

Lets hope he isn't trying to fit a FX 8350 into something like a 980DE3/U3S3

This is a signature.

It's a fm2/+ micro it and the reason I messaged them was because I bought a cooler master seidon 120v but the bottom of the mobo haso to chips where the steel retainer brace is supposed to go. And yes I did a straight copy paste of the message. I'm using the silver stone sg13b case so water cooling is kinda a recommendation.

Its Asrock, a company trying to be Asus but failing badly and making Plastic mobos.

And apparently they can make as exception 2 good mini ITX 2011-3 motherboards... Yeah, go somewhere else, If a company makes bad quality products they wouldn't risk it that much and lets not talk about profit

This is a signature.

It's a fm2/+ micro it and the reason I messaged them was because I bought a cooler master seidon 120v but the bottom of the mobo haso to chips where the steel retainer brace is supposed to go. And yes I did a straight copy paste of the message. I'm using the silver stone sg13b case so water cooling is kinda a recommendation.

CPU and motherboard? are the VRMs heatsinked?

This is a signature.

No, but passive air should be enough I would think if you're not going to put a heat sink on it

No, but passive air should be enough I would think if you're not going to put a heat sink on it

Budget motherboards usually are intended to be used with the stock heatsink, which is top-down blowing desing in this case to provide enough air flow if a power hungry CPU is installed. CPUs that don't take that much power don't require that VRM cooling.

In your case you can check if it's a requirement for your CPU and MB combo by googling your mb to search asrock's site, then in CPU support list CPUs that require top-down blowing design should be marked with a "*

This is a signature.

i cant quote pics or else im in trouble with ltt police

LOL. Fuck you asrock

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

Should get enough air flow with my case the psu sits above it, and it's far enough away to put heat spreaders on it.

I've had no issues at all so far with my ASRock board.

They're giving you good advice. Don't be butt hurt.

Yes, ASRock support is horrible. I had to contact them about an issue with the BIOS not supporting DDR4 3000MHz RAM kits after me seeing on their website that it does. What they did is just remove the damn thing from the compatibility page... OMFG!!! Anyway, the newer BIOS updates addressed that issue... 

I have to disagree about the quality of their current high-end boards. All of their top-of-the-line X99 boards are superb. the one I am using has been perfect in every regard, besides the stupid BIOS thing. The Extreme11 is also as good as it gets when it comes to X99.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Yes, ASRock support is horrible. I had to contact them about an issue with the BIOS not supporting DDR4 3000MHz RAM kits after me seeing on their website that it does. What they did is just remove the damn thing from the comparability page... OMFG!!! Anyway, the newer BIOS updates addressed that issue... 

I have to disagree about the quality of their current high-end boards. All of their top-of-the-line X99 boards are superb. the one I am using has been perfect in every regard, besides the stupid BIOS thing. The Extreme11 is also as good as it gets when it comes to X99.

what about the Z97 boards ? ( The Pro 4 to be exact )

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

what about the Z97 boards ? ( The Pro 4 to be exact )

I am not really familiar with their Z97 borads. I simply did a very thorough research before purchasing my board, that's why I know their x99 boards are exceptional with very few exceptions, those being the cheaper ones. 

PS: Most of their X99 boards even come packed in soft foam, no one else does this. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

I am not really familiar with their Z97 borads. I simply did a very thorough research before purchasing my board, that's why I know their x99 boards are exceptional with very few exceptions, those being the cheaper ones. 

PS: Most of their X99 boards even come packed in soft foam, no one else does this. 

Because I'm going to buy that with the G3258 for the build I've been saving for ... ( Not sure if I want that or the i3 and a B85M board from ASUS )

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ...