Blue^3

ManOfGold93

So for a while I have been drooling over a smaller build. I've only built a handful of computers but nothing this small. Most of the time the cases are roomy and forgiving when it comes to hiding cables/mistakes.

BUT NOW!

After selling most of the parts of my last computer I have saved enough money to start my dream build.

CPU: I5 4690k (havent purchased yet)

Motherboard: Asrock z97 Pro4 mATX

RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition

GPU: Windforce R9 290

PSU: Corsair AX760

SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB

Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue

Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 (yes I know, first time watercooling, was panicking and just bought this)

Gonna need more fittings

Oh and GPU block

AND THE BEST PART: 

CASE: Corsair Air 240 White Edition.

Corsair Air 240

So whats the plan?

Step1 & Future update: Paint the grills/covers/radiator

Step2 & Future update: Finish buying parts

Step3 & Future update: ASSEMBLE

Step4 & Final update: Overclock and done! (jk, its never really over...)

(Step5?!?! who knows)

I will try to take pictures of decent quality but I make no promises haha

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

First Update: Painting

So I finished painting the grills, radiator, and cpu cover. 

Painted CPU Block

Hanging up the radiator to paint

I waited for the paint to dry and then inserted the parts into the build, doing a test fit.

(The case is so small that I wanted to make sure before I finished buying parts that I would be able to fit them all)

Its a tight squeeze

Test Fitting

The Radiator doesnt fit :( 

Its like a Millimeter too big so what I had to do for now is just try and slide it into the front and just using the tension I mounted it in.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!

I am debating in a few weeks to buy a new slim rad when I buy the water block...

If I do that itll be a pre painted white rad but maybe I will paint the fins to be blue, Idk yet.

Thanks for checking it out so far! 

The next few updates will take a few weeks because I am going on vacation (Where I will be buying my CPU at Micro center as well as some right angle fittings)

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

So I thought I was done until I bought some new parts...

Well I got bored and in looking around I found my Reservoir Temperature Monitor! So I decided instead of just sticking it on the inside I would go ahead and dremel out a spot for it on the front panel, what do you guys think?!

New Temp Monitor

Well I am scheduled to go up to Cleveland in TWO DAYS to visit gf and her family, where I will be going to microcenter to pick up fittings and CPU and potentially a GPU waterblock.

Well I got a little bored today..

And well, 

Here 

Is 
The

Result!

R9 290 White cover

Custom White and Blue R9 290

R9 290 Mod in case

Ok so the color doesn't 100% match and its killing me.

Im kinda torn thought because I wouldnt mind putting a GPU Waterblock onto it but dont know much about GPU OC'ing... yet...

Idk, money is kinda tight so we will just have to see if I can put it in sometime soon.

This is the last update definitely before my trip.

Thanks for checking it out!!

Oh yeah, one more thing.

Should I go with White tubing and Distilled water

or Clear tubing and White liquid?

(im leaning towards the white tubing)

That Wind force looks nice :) I don't really like them, but i might get one now, as i'll paint it yellow and black :)

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so almost a month later I finally got around to looking back at this thread... my bad haha

UPDATE TIME:

So I bought some new fittings (originally 7/16" compression fittings chrome-didnt flow with rest of build)

Here is a picture (new fittings are 3/8")

monsoon-6-blue.jpg

With some white tubing I picked up these look really sick! (Pics upcoming)

But most importantly, I got my CPU! the I5 4690k is beautiful and runs like a champ- will post benchmarks later!

Here are some set up shots for now- thing looks amazing (and ive got a teaser too) :)

cable management

GPU r9 290

And Personal

Up close

(These photos did not come out as expected- not big enough, when I get home I will post proper ones!)

Here is how everything looks on my desk
(Custom made Triple monitor stand!)

ditto

Battle station

OK YOU READY??
teaser time
31rpOGLZHyL._SY90_.jpg41yECYphL6L._SX90_.jpg31Wq8tSRv5L._SX90_.jpg41dE%2BFbZl4L._SX90_.jpg
Edited by ManOfGold93

Funny, this. I intend to paint my Windforce-cooled Gigabyte card white and blue as well, in a very similar pattern to what you're currently having. Mine will be a different shade of blue, but nonetheless your photographs give quite a good idea of what it might end up looking like, so thanks for that unintentional service!

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --