WD Black 2 dual drive

Hey guys

Am I crazy for considering the WD Black 2 Dual drive 120 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD, as my primary storage for games? I already have an 256 GB SSD that I use for OS and some games/programs. I know this drive is a bit pricey, but is it actually any good compared to the price point? Or am I better of getting a HDD and a SSD instead?

My setup: i5 3570K  - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77 GD65 - 256 GB Samsung 840 pro SSD - Corsair AX760i - Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 2GB - 4x4 GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RAM - Corsair Carbide 500R (modded side window)

Don't buy it unless it is for notebook with only 1 alot available for HDD.

I'd rather remove the DVD drive as well for a 2ndary HDD, and use the dvd drive externally

Don't buy it unless it is for notebook with only 1 alot available for HDD.

So I am crazy, good to know :P

My setup: i5 3570K  - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77 GD65 - 256 GB Samsung 840 pro SSD - Corsair AX760i - Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 2GB - 4x4 GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RAM - Corsair Carbide 500R (modded side window)

Hello Erfurt!

I too wouldn't suggest you the WD Black 2 drive for the set up you've described. It is fast, it does have big storage, it will load very quickly, but it is for notebooks and all-in-one PC's and you already have a SSD for a main loading drive.

I would better suggest you the WD Black, again maximum performance hard drive, 7200 RPM, great at multitasking and it will be a great fit for game loading and playing. :)

WD Black:

http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=7NQGNF

Cheers! :)

CK_WD

If you think I helped, like!  :P

www.wdc.com