AMD Fury X Far Cry 4 game performance from AMD

ahhming

I'm pretty certain HBM is too expensive to create low-mid end cards at all and Fiji is strongly tied with the technology, so cutting Fiji down to create a new range of low-mid cards wasn't possible or made no sense in terms of cost or end user experience. Also it would make no sense to create even another GPU solely for low-mid range.

The prices are way too high, though. I was expecting 390X to undercut 970 but I guess the 8GB GDDR5 isn't free after all. Just tells the tale of AMDs profit margins in 2XX (and 3XX) series.

They'd normally rebrand most of their old lineup, but they would usually release a new card as the x90x and just lower older cards, they wouldn't make a completely different lineup of cards. I wasn't saying that they would put HBM on the low-mid range cards.

The truth is even though its 4gb "allegedly". The fact that it is water cooled at that size makes it a over clocking monster. I'm enthused Cuz later at the end of the year we WILL see a 6gb version with the same size...has anyone seen the specs for the r9 nano?

We may not see a 6gb card anytime soon. I hope its wrong but people have been saying its currently a technical limitation with this first gen HBM.

They'd normally rebrand most of their old lineup, but they would usually release a new card as the x90x and just lower older cards, they wouldn't make a completely different lineup of cards. I wasn't saying that they would put HBM on the low-mid range cards.

You gotta also take account AMDs current situation, not being best it could be. Honestly, they may be struggling in terms of money.

I'm pretty sure Fiji cards are somewhere near zero profit, and they're keeping themselves alive by getting profits from 3XX series. Fijis are just too cheap, but needed to keep themselves "in the game" even if it wouldn't bring profits right away.

So that looks pretty damn good.

Sig under construction.

That is not only LTT. That is anywhere that you're free to be as anonymous as you want, and as intelligent as the engineers of the products.

Funny isn't it?  The internet offers people complete anonymity where they can choose their persona and control exactly how people see them when they engage in any debate/discussion.  Then they go and choose to present themselves as irrational fanboy's. This speaks volumes about the human psyche.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Never believe AMD's benchmarks. Just wait for official unbiased reviews. After the 390X fiasco....I don't trust anything they say unless it's confirmed.

I know Fury should be good...regardless... but there is way too much speculation at this point. RELEASE THE KRAKEN ALREADY.

After the 390X fiasco....I don't trust anything they say unless it's confirmed.

Everybody is waiting for independant reviews; embargo ends on Wednesday I think. But what was the 390x fiasco? Did they lie about something?

Isn't it funny that a rebranded rebrand (2011 architecture) still is up par with the latest and greatest of green team. It's purely a business move to get rid of old inventory and the money is tight, plus the 300 are somewhat better and now with less tdp anyway. So

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Isn't it funny that a rebranded rebrand (2011 architecture) still is up par with the latest and greatest of green team. It's purely a business move to get rid of old inventory and the money is tight, plus the 300 are somewhat better and now with less tdp anyway. So

Its actually not quite up to par, Nvidia pulled ahead in efficiency with Maxwell 2.0

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

See I'm an Nvidia guy (usually).  I have a 770 in my build, and I couldn't be happier with my choice.

But this... This excites me.

Only experience I've had with AMD cards has been with generally low-end (270x, 7750, etc.) stuff in friend's computers.

The fact that a high-end AMD card is for the first time in years beating Nvidia on price to performance is honestly kind of awesome.  If AMD can use the rest of their R&D budget to become competitive with Nvidia on the feature side as well, while making a serious performance CPU concurrently... we could get some seriously interesting competition here for the first time in a while.

Now? I'm seriously considering switching from my 770 to a Fury next year for Oculus.  Well played AMD. Well played.

THE VECTOR:

Intel Core i5-4690 @ stock - Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H - EVGA GTX 770 SC - A-DATA XPG 2.0 16GB 1866 - Cooler Master N200 - Seagate 1 TB Hybrid Drive - Corsair CX600M - ASUS VX238H 23" 1080p

for the first time in years beating Nvidia on price to performance

Last time I checked AMD had the price/performance crown for quite some time, sadly people just blindly buy Nvidia.

I'm saying that building both AMD and Nvidia powered systems, and going back and forth on them.

And having friends who all want Nvidia GPUs, even tough they haven't looked at a benchmark in all their lives.

That's no moon, that's a death ball !
K'Nex Server -- R9 290 Alpenföhn Peter Review -- Philips BDM4065UC Review
CPU Intel i5-4760K @ 4.3Ghz MEM 4x 4GB Cucial Ballistix 1600 LP MOBO Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU 980Ti G1 @ 1.47Ghz SSD 3x Samsung 840 EVO 240GB Raid0 CASE Silverstone SG10 DISPLAY Philips BDM4065UC 40" UHD

Last time I checked AMD had the price/performance crown for quite some time, sadly people just blindly buy Nvidia.

I'm saying that building both AMD and Nvidia powered systems, and going back and forth on them.

And having friends who all want Nvidia GPUs, even tough they haven't looked at a benchmark in all their lives.

I guess when I say price to performance I mean on the high-end (since thats what I care about.) On the lower-end, yeah AMD all the way

THE VECTOR:

Intel Core i5-4690 @ stock - Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H - EVGA GTX 770 SC - A-DATA XPG 2.0 16GB 1866 - Cooler Master N200 - Seagate 1 TB Hybrid Drive - Corsair CX600M - ASUS VX238H 23" 1080p

I guess when I say price to performance I mean on the high-end (since thats what I care about.) On the lower-end, yeah AMD all the way

Sadly the Fury X doesn't meet that Price/Performance Bar, so I guess 980Ti G1 for me :) Back to team Green.

That's no moon, that's a death ball !
K'Nex Server -- R9 290 Alpenföhn Peter Review -- Philips BDM4065UC Review
CPU Intel i5-4760K @ 4.3Ghz MEM 4x 4GB Cucial Ballistix 1600 LP MOBO Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU 980Ti G1 @ 1.47Ghz SSD 3x Samsung 840 EVO 240GB Raid0 CASE Silverstone SG10 DISPLAY Philips BDM4065UC 40" UHD