EVGA geforce GTX 970 Giveaway! presented by GrimNeo

GrimNeo

Posting for free stuff!!!  :)

I don't know if I am deserving, but I would not consider myself "undeserving"... does that count?

I would be deserving because ... I am a relatively positive force in the LTT community. :huh:

Sorry. Really busy at work today. I will look at your link again. Also I did not get my money back yet. 390x delayed untill further notice.

Ah, I see. Damn that's rough. :( Any updates on that at all? I hope it gets fixed real soon, or the guy at least gets caught doing another scam and is punished for it. Stupid people make the same mistakes twice, so it is likely I suppose.

(just sent away the codes to ya! Enjoy. :) )

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

ty for giveaway bby <3

I entered for the hell of it. 

Only real bonus for me would be high OC and an extra .5 GB of memory bc 970 ~ 780. :P

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Oh boy the old "reason why I deserve this" entry. Well, I don't deserve it; I don't have ANY reasons to deserve this. I'm just submitting my name and hoping that I am randomly picked. 

:P Just want to make sure the card gets used by the winner.

Can we stop here? I feel this is going nowhere. I have my eyes set on an i7 4790k, and a z97 board. 

Do it! I got the Gigabyte z97 Gaming 7 board. I heard the ASRock Extreme 6 is good as well. Save $30 off combo deal at Microcenter if you have one. http://www.microcenter.com/site/brands/intel-processor-bundles.aspx

Wow really nice of you to do such a large giveaway. Cancer is not a fun thing, we think my mother might have it but she refuses to do any testing to see. Glad you don't have it.

On topic, I would as many others have said giveaway my old card to the forum (660 ti which runs pretty cool), it would be my last card before going though university. Got to love planning for a masters... 

Once again you're awesome for doing a giveaway like this. 

Please have your mom checked. The sooner the better. Also thanks for entering.

Ah, I see. Damn that's rough. :( Any updates on that at all? I hope it gets fixed real soon, or the guy at least gets caught doing another scam and is punished for it. Stupid people make the same mistakes twice, so it is likely I suppose.

(just sent away the codes to ya! Enjoy. :) )

Thank you. They will call me tomorrow about the claim. My dad said he will give me $150 if I don't get my money back since he forced me to call the scammer in the first. You know that rule about parents make rules for their kids. It is also my fault as well but I can't just really say F U dad and slam the door on him.

ty for giveaway bby <3

I entered for the hell of it. 

Only real bonus for me would be high OC and an extra .5 GB of memory bc 970 ~ 780. :P

Good luck

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

:P Just want to make sure the card gets used by the winner.

If you absolutely needed a reason from me the only one I can really think of is because I need (not want) NEED to play Just Cuz 3 in 60fps :P

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

If you absolutely needed a reason from me the only one I can really think of is because I need (not want) NEED to play Just Cuz 3 in 60fps :P

You were fine. Just Cause 3.... I want that game now. I bought the others on day of release.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

it would be really AWESOME if i one. I built a computer a few weeks ago but have not got a gpu! I think I deserve this card because no one should have to got through the torture of building a computer with a 4790k and waiting to get a gpu! :P

Please have your mom checked. The sooner the better. Also thanks for entering.

Can't do much, been saying it for 3 years she should get checked. 

it would be really AWESOME if i one. I built a computer a few weeks ago but have not got a gpu! I think I deserve this card because no one should have to got through the torture of building a computer with a 4790k and waiting to get a gpu! :P

Nice. I have the 4790k as well. I plan overclocking when I get a new case.

Can't do much, been saying it for 3 years she should get checked. 

Sorry to hear about it. They misdiagnosed my sister's bf dad. He had cancer really bad and it could have been prevented. He died from it.

Thanks Grim, I am happy to hear you are doing well and from what I read the lump was benign (please correct me if I am wrong). Cancer is terrible, My father passed away from it when I was young. Honestly, I can't say I deserve this card. I definitely want this card. I haven't done anything charitable in a while. I think the last thing I have done that was charitable was the Santa 5K Shuffle in 2012 raising money for the Salvation Army. Giving tech support doesn't count in my books... cause I love being a know-it-all.

Anyways, good luck fellow LTT members.

=( Not all programs use OpenCL, most prefer CUDA. a 970 would help me with that.

goodluck

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I love to sign up.

Reason:

You know, I can describe a lot of reasons why I think I should have it. But honestly, I love to let others enjoy the benefits of a new graphics card. As for myself, I love it also, dealing with low end graphic cards all my life, it's very hard to play certain games that I've always wanted to try out. I don't have a lot of income for a brand new build of a PC. I ran my old Year 2000 PC for almost 10 years, and swapping parts back and forth, and only having 24 GB max. Having a graphic card at that high end would lower the cost of building a new PC dramatically. But I've always been the type to look at the needs of others. So, if there's any body else who would appreciate the card more, and need it more than I, then I am welcome to give up my spot. Other wise, I would also love a chance at it.

Glad you got through it man!

Reason: I would either upgrade my PC (so I could run it in SLI) or most likely just give it to a friend who doesn't have the best GPU. :)

Good luck to everyone! :P

@GrimNeo : Yay ! I love EVGA coolers ! 

The reason as to why I should win ... Hmm ... What would be the least greedy way of saying I want it real bad ? Please ?

Edit : And also it would be awesome to have a graphics card for once ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

I don't really deserve to win this, but that won't stop me from entering.  Thanks for the free stuff to LTT members, and good luck with your health issues.

I've been looking into replacing my cards but I have run into some issues where I simply cannot afford to since ive had to get some emergency dental work which has put me in debt for the forseeable future so would love something like this.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: ASUS RTX 2080TI | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Thanks! Might as well enter because my 650Ti boost is slowly dying and I don't know what I's do with Pentium G3258 intergrated graphics! :P

MY PC: Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540, Motherboard: AsRock 970 Extreme 4, CPU: AMD FX 4300 AM3+ GPU: EVGA GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB SLI RAM: 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHZ Low-Profile Black Memory PSU: Corsair CX 600M Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo OS Drive: Corsair Force LS 120GB SSD Data Drive: 500GB Seagate 5400rpm 2.5" laptop drive OS: Windows 8.1 64bit Lights: NZXT Hue Kit Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Quickfire TK MX Blue Mouse: Wired Microsoft Mouse Monitor: Sony Bravia KDL42W654A 42" Smart TV + LG LG IPS234V-PN.AEK PS 23-inch IPS Monitor

Building a pc for my "younger" sister. She isn't particularly tech savy so dealing with an amd card isn't a very good option imho and her old Dell inspirion is an absolute pos. If I get this it'll really power up her comp for years to come.

(Otherwise she will likely be using the broadwell distrete graphics)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Hello. This is me, and that is my face (not really).

Once again, thank you for your generosity!

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

@GrimNeo You hurt my feelings I spammed your notifications 5+ in past month you should remember me.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

@GrimNeo You hurt my feelings I spammed your notifications 5+ in past month you should remember me.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Aww you didnt include me in the thanks :( (i dontmind)

Reason: because i wont care about its VRAM and because i like you on here :)

Also that is a really cool giveaway :o

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]