EVGA geforce GTX 970 Giveaway! presented by GrimNeo

GrimNeo

That's really generous of you. Sorry to hear about your cancer  :(.

I'd probably end up using it for a folding at home build or giving it to a friend. Good luck to everyone ;)

Written on my Lenovo Z500 T - I5-3230M   Or

My pc :)

c3p0.... now that's a name i haven't heard in a long time...

Soooo, is this giveaway open for everyone or just the persons mentioned above? If open for everyone: The reason why i deserve to win this card is because it would be the heart of a new PC that i am planning for a friend of mine. His family is rather not-wealthy, so that he can't afford to get a PC (not even scrapyard style PCs). Part of the reason is because his mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. So in addition to being stuck to his crappy laptop for gaming, his family situation is quite depressing for him. I'm not rich myself, but I'd try to convince some friends to lay some money together for a base PC, which this GPU would plug into. :)

I miss her. This is for everyone. People mentioned above are from the anime club and people who responded to the cancer thread. Please read the rules for entry.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Awesome.

With this card I would build my father his first actual rig.

He is currently using my old HP laptop connected to the living room t.v. and he adores that thing.

Every now and again I will bring my pc to his house so he can game on it and he has such a blast on it.

He keeps telling me he wants to build his own but just doesn't have the cash. (currently paying back taxes on a monthly plan)

Rough times. This would mean so much to him.

Anyways, I am glad you are ok. As long as you have your health that is all that matters.

Remember that life is good even when it's bad.  Don't give up the good fight OP.

Good luck to everyone, and may the winner put this to good use.

Cheers.

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

I would like to have one of these cards because I don't have money for it and my parents don't approve of my interest in PCs so they won't help pay for me to build one (I know my signature but that won't happen for a few years because my parents won't let me get a job for it this year).

Anyways good job for being generous through your illness. You are a truly amazing person for doing something like this (Hope I am not coming across too much as a kiss ass).

I'm not entering as I already have a Titan X SLI and live in germany. But that sure is very kind of you. Good luck folks.

Titan X SLI buddies ftw. High Five!

woohooo, glad this was able to become a thing after the scam you went through. :)

Well still in the process of getting my money back. It just delayed the AMD r9 390x giveaway.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

My use? Folding if the game I'm playing doesn't utilise SLI, if it does, well then...

If I was to win it,I would sell my current 970 and get a new motherbourd and CPU.

Thanks by the way and I support you allllllll the way to beat your cancer down!! 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

This would be amazing for me. I'm working on a build right now with a 2500k, and since i have no money for a GPU, and the motherboard doesn't have graphics ports, I'm using, no joke, an ATI Radeon X 1050 256MB GPU. This would give me a chance to see what it's like to play a game, and fold. 

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Thanks for the giveaway.

I should win since I have a coil whining GTX 780 which makes my water cooling loop pretty useless and I don't have the need or the resources to upgrade just for that.

@GrimNeo you legend!

Good luck everyone :)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

2015-06-16%2011.03.52.jpg

I dont really need a 970 but it would be a nice upgrade.

I cant write with the pen on my phone.

Blarg

Dude, you are awesome.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

@GrimNeo this is extremely generous!

I am proud that LTT has such outstanding members. 

Good luck to all!

Why do I deserve it? Well I have > 3800 posts, at least some of them have to of been helpful! A 970 would make for a great HTPC GPU.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

First of all, awesome that you're doing this!

Doesn't matter who it goes to, this will be an awesome price! 

If I would win, this GPU will be put in my system. I was going to upgrade in the summer (around my birthday) and this would help out a ton.

It would allow me to enter the wonderful world of PC gaming <3

Good luck to everyone entering :D

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You are a very good person, I don't think most people would've done what you did with the giveaway!

I'd like a 970 because I would give it to my friend who does a ton of video editing and graphic design things, but has to use an ancient amd card (i think 5450?)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Entered!! 

@GrimNeo Thank you & good luck everybody

Can you give me a reason as to why you deserve this?

This is a pretty insane giveaway so thanks for giving us all the opportunity to win something like this and I wish the best of luck to everyone! As for why I want this card, well my birthday is happening the day before this is over so that's pretty cool. Also I've been planning on getting a 970 (the g1 gaming) for my current build log where I'm rotating the motherboard tray in my case 90 degrees and liquid cooling the whole thing and either of the cards would make an amazing addition to the build!

Thanks again for this great giveaway. Deserve is kinda a strong word, but a 970 would be great addition to my setup as it would finally allow me to record cinematics in bf4 etc at a decent framerate, and it would allow me to play at native resolution when I upgrade to a dell 1440p 25 inch ultrasharp at some point in the next year or so. It wouldn't be fully utilised by my CPU but my next planned upgrade after my monitor is a 4690k or whatever is equivalent to it in 2/2.5 years time.

RIG:FX-6300@4.5GHz 1.4V with Hyper 212 evo with LTT NF-F12:MSI Overclockers R7 260X:4x4B Crucial Ballistix Sport:GA-970A-UD3P:1TB Seagate Brracuda & 120GB Crucial M500(OS and Programs)&Sandisk SSD PLUS(Games) In a Bitfenix Comrade with an NF-F12 as exhaust and OEM case fan as front intake

''time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time''

Good luck to all!

I would really love to win the GPU because I don't even have a dedicated GPU so I cannot play any games with my friends :(

Project Pluto
i3 4170 MSI H97 PC Mate MSI R9 380 2GD5T @ 1095MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 2x4gb @ 1600MhzWD 1TB Blue • be quiet! Pure Rock • NZXT S340 Black XFX TS 550w • BenQ GW2265HM

This is just awesome! Thanks Grim and good luck to everyone!

I need to upgrade my 750ti! Its not enough for GPU rendering!

That's so great! I'm glad it's all ok now and that I was helpful during tough times :)

I won't enter, so good luck to everyone else :D

I'm in, it would be nice to get a GPU in my HTPC, I can't really afford one at the moment.