EVGA geforce GTX 970 Giveaway! presented by GrimNeo

GrimNeo

I would especially love this card because my current system has a shitty GT610 that nearly blew up my system to smithereens.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

This is an awfully generous giveaway. I recall reading your post. Cancer is a scary thing, I lost my grandmother to cancer. 

On topic, thank you kindly for the giveaway.

I would appreciate owning this because recently I upgraded to a triple monitor setup (click my profile for pictures), but a single 970 is kind of pushing it. It would be nice to sli for some of the more hefty games. I don't have money for a 980ti or another 970 and won't for a while due to college and other expenses.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Entering :D

Would be a great upgrade to my 750 ti !

Cancer isn't fun, my dog died of it in february, one of the most unfun ways to die.

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

I hope that I can get this because I can't get a good GPU now. I will be upgrading the rest of my system, but my parents won't let me get something new anytime soon, as they don't see the value. 

Wow thats more than kind, I would probably donate my 770 to the forum then, this could still make many people happy. 

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Inb4 Linus enters and wins :D 

I don't really deserve that card, so I'm not entering, but hey, you're very kind either way.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

I'm sorry for my French, but FUCK CANCER.

As for what the card would be used for on my part? Folding. I would fold with the card until the day it died.

@GrimNeo You're a champ.

And best of luck to everyone.

because you can never have nough 970s for rendering :P

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

c3p0.... now that's a name i haven't heard in a long time...

Soooo, is this giveaway open for everyone or just the persons mentioned above? If open for everyone: The reason why i deserve to win this card is because it would be the heart of a new PC that i am planning for a friend of mine. His family is rather not-wealthy, so that he can't afford to get a PC (not even scrapyard style PCs). Part of the reason is because his mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. So in addition to being stuck to his crappy laptop for gaming, his family situation is quite depressing for him. I'm not rich myself, but I'd try to convince some friends to lay some money together for a base PC, which this GPU would plug into. :)

who cares...

I am sorry to hear about your illness, though i do hope you get through it. I am lucky enough that very few people in my family have ever been diagnosed with cancer. Out of the few that were diagnosed, only one eventually passed away from it. The other 2 are still around to this day, and are healthier than ever. 

As far as the competition goes, i will not use the word "deserve" as i would feel pretty terrible to feel entitled to something. If i were to get a reference GTX 970, i would put it in a custom mITX build that i have been planning the past 2 months. I figured, with the lower TDP of 145w, and the fact that it's reference, i should be able to exhaust the heat out of a small 12x12x2.5 inch enclosure without any issues of overheating. 

To help lighten the mood, here is a gif of Macho Man Randy Savage, wielding a Slim Jim in approval: 

sb1g5.gif

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Wow this is generous af, thank you for the chance bud! :D

Honestly hope you're okay bud, you have been through some tough times and it's very strong of you to still be standing proud.

The reason I want this card is because I feel as though 1 x 970 does no satisfy my curiosity for more gaming performance as I feel like I am on the edge of exactly the way I want my games to look and being finally satisfied by the insatiable NEED to constantly upgrade my PC.

Unfortunately I won't be able to do any big upgrades for a long time as the only reason my build is possible is because of my Grandmother (she died of breast cancer unfortunately) in her last days wanted me to buy the things that would make me happy, same with my cousins.

So now I suppose I kind of feel a dedication to keep aiming higher because she had shown me that.

I wish I could thank her now but I am glad I will forever remember how my Grandmother helped me get in to the one hobby that really completes my life.

Wow I fucking opened up on this reason, damn. Hope you enjoy the read n_n

I'd like to enter, because my GPU is a 660, and I bought my PC 3 years ago, so I really need an upgrade...

Oh yeah, if I win, could you make it a reference EVGA 970, I'd really appreciate it.

Aftermarket coolers don't work well in a case as tiny as mine...

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Thanks Grim, good luck to all who enter! (And actually read the full post :P )

If I won I'd do my own giveaway the same as C0LL0SS0S with my 770 or a bunch of games as a thanks to the forum. Maybe even see if it's possible for another forum donated build to be organised as I remember being done before for someone in need of a decent gaming rig.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I would especially love this card because my current system has a shitty GT610 that nearly blew up my system to smithereens.

If its possible i gift my vote to terrytek lol

I'm not entering as I already have a Titan X SLI and live in germany. But that sure is very kind of you. Good luck folks.

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

woohooo, glad this was able to become a thing after the scam you went through. :) I'd love to give my brother a gpu upgrade, he got his 760 back in Janruary and didn't listen to me about the 2GB of vram and 280X as the 280X was much cheaper at the time. :/ If you can't tell he's a Nvidia fanboy.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Entered

Would love to win. I'm running on a crappy gt430. Can't remember the last time anyone mentioned them having a gt430 lol. Anyways thanks for the opportunity hope everything is going well for you.