List your entire mobile device upgrades

spyder

2004 - Siemens something

2006 - Samsung something

2008 - Sony Ericsson something

2010 - to date: Samsung Galaxy Gio(laugh all you want, I simply don't care for phones and will be using this brick till it bricks) 

I just realized I've been using a €120 Samsung cheapo for 5 years now... damn Samsung :wub:

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Mobile phone history

All my phones have been company phones so I have never technically owned one.

I have always been able to choose my phones which has been great fun, although I have learned from my mistakes as a result.  

1998 - Motorola pager clear yep it was a pager, but I hated mobile phones

2001 - Nokia 6110, I was tricked into having it, but it was a company phone and they stole my pager.

2002 - Nokia 8210 next upgrade, cost free from the company I work for.

2003 - Nokia 7250 Silver a great solid phone which I got a new silver case for it, gave it to my daughter.

2004 - Sony CMD 27 I still have this phone, its orange screen and ability to use your recordings as ringtones was great.  The sound quality from this phone was ahead of its time.

2005 - Sony Ericsson T68i This was my first colour phone, and I could not wait to get rid of it.

At this point I have started working for a Mobile phone software developer, their main customer was Nokia, Thus I had access to the rage of all their latest mobile phones.

2007 - LG KE970 Shine This was a lesson on never believe the hype. yes you could watch videos but only in portrait mode, yes i did play music but you needed an adapter to use normal headphones, and yes you could put a memory card in it but you could not watch videos directly from it. nope it was crap.

2011 - Vertu Ascent Ferrari This was a gift from a Ex, a very nice phone but I just could not see the screen I gave it back when we split up. Now that I know its real price I should have kept it lol.

2011 - Nokia 9500 Communicator great phone still have it, I love peoples faces when I take it out and pop it on the table.

2010 - iPhone 3GS 16GB white New company phone, worked for software developer to make software for the Nokia at the time, yep the company are now dead but the contract is still going. I sold the phone as a friend wanted one.

2010 - Nokia 8800 Sirocco Gold still a great dress phone for weddings and special occasions I will never get rid of it.

2012 - iPhone 4s 16GB white I was given this phone as the contract is still going, so I get a new phone every 2 years. I still have it.

2014 - iPhone 5s 16GB Gold Yep still getting a new phone every 2 years lol bring on the next one. now looking forward to the next free iPhone, life is good. I use my old phone as a media controller for my iTunes music server.

Sony Ericsson W580i

Nokia N95 8GB

iPhone 3G

iPhone 3GS

iPhone 4

Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant 

LG Optimus One

Google Nexus S

LG Optimus 2X

BlackBerry Curve 9360 

Samsung Ace II X

HTC MyTouch 4G 

HTC Desire

HTC Amaze 4G

LG Optimus L3

HTC Desire C

Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus

Samsung Galaxy S2 X

iPad with Retina Display (3rd gen)

iPhone 4S

Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE

Asus Nexus 7 (2012)

Sony Xperia Ion

Samsung Galaxy S3

HTC MyTouch 4G Slide

BlackBerry Z30

Samsung Galaxy S4

HTC One (M7)

Samsung Galaxy S4

Nexus 5

HTC One (M8)

iPhone 5

OnePlus One

Alcatel OneTouch Pop Icon

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Samsung Galaxy S4

Samsung Galaxy Avant

HTC One (M7)

Samsung Galaxy Alpha

OnePlus One

HTC One (M8)

iPhone 6 Plus

LG G3

Samsung Galaxy S3

Samsung Galaxy Note 2

iPhone 4S

Yeeaahh xD

Duplicates aren't switching back to the same device btw, it's actually getting a different device, albeit the same model, but often a different color or variant. 

"Rawr XD"

~2004 - Nokia N-Gage. It was given to me by my godparent as a birthday present. I still have that phone, the battery won't even last a day in standby, even with a new battery, but it still works.

At some point had different phones that I didn't own, but were either father's old ones, or mother's old ones. I only remember one of them being a flip

phone. Didn't use those for long before turning back to N-Gage.

2010 - 2012 (I don't remember exactly) - Samsung Galaxy 553 (i5510). My first smartphone, given by my godparent (again) as he got himself a newer phone. It also recently died, probably due to flash memory running out of write cycles. It was low AF, but had a physical QWERTY keyboard.

2013 - 2014 (?) - Samsung Galaxy XCover 2 (S7710). Godparent (yet again) gave it to me, as he upgraded yet again from that to S4. Right now I have it loaned by my little sister, as she needed a smartphone for cheap. She has a habit of dropping them often, so the XCover 2 actually was a good choice for her. She dislikes the gray color of it, but at least she hasn't managed to break it yet.

2014 - Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100). First phone that I actually bought with my own money. Got it second-handed. Rooted, but never installed a custom ROM (so stuck with TouchWiz skin of Android 4.1.2)

2015 - Sony Xperia Z1. Second phone that I bought, and also my first smartphone that isn't a Sammie. Second-hand acquired too, battery is a little worse than on the S2, but other than that, much better that that lagfest the S2 was. Not rooted, but I don't feel like I need to (has Sony's skin of Android 5.0.3, has only very little issues).

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

• 3 weeks later...

SNIP

Hot damn, impressive list.

Hot damn, impressive list.

It's been a while since then lol, add these and a third OnePlus One to the list :P

iPhone 5S
Sony Xperia Z1
Sony Xperia M
Sony Xperia T
Sony Xperia ZL
Samsung Galaxy S5

"Rawr XD"

It's been a while since then lol, add these and a third OnePlus One to the list :P

iPhone 5S
Sony Xperia Z1
Sony Xperia M
Sony Xperia T
Sony Xperia ZL
Samsung Galaxy S5

I too would of had a longer list till I decided to invest going  through transitioning into the PC master race group over console "potato". Right now I would of bought the S6 Edge then would of resold it by September for Apple's flagship, then possibly the next nexus.  

- Crappy flip phone

- Crappy flip phone

- Slider phone (remember the ones with the slide out keyboard? That was the kind of phone I had)

- Blackberry Curve

- iPhone 4 32GB

- iPhone 5C 16GB

- LG G3 32GB

From the crappy flip phones to the slider phone, my parents paid for. The reset down I paid for myself (either on tab, similar to contracts, or bought straight out).

I can't remember what brand/model of the flip phones or the slider phone, was 5-6 years ago.

2009 - iPhone 3GS

2011 - Samsung Galaxy S II (GT-i9100G) + iPhone 4S

2012 - Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-i9300)

2013 - HTC One (M7) + Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005)

2014 - iPhone 5S

2015 - LG G3 (LG-D855), LG G4 (LG-H815)

Not all of these phones are owned by me, but are phones that live in my house and have been used by everyone in my family

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1