AMD - A New Era In PC Gaming

Opcode

@Misanthrope @Notional Care to give examples rather than just calling him out as being biased/a fanboy/stupid?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

By the way , we got no arrival date on the 3xx ? 

This Thursay, but some places are already selling them early.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Confirmed Dual Fiji card, hrrrnngg. 8192SP's on one card. Sounds like my UHD setup is going to get to that stage where I can have AA on just for the fuck of it. 

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

@Misanthrope Care to give examples rather than just calling him out as being biased/a fanboy/stupid?

Look back: I didn't call him biased or a fanboy. I say he provides info without proper research or testing and gave an example: His initial reaction to The Witcher 3. I also said that I decided not to watch even tech talk after his thermal take meltdown, I never mentioned anything regarding the Nvidia fanboy thing.

-------

Current Rig

-------

550 for the fury

650 for the fury x

It's more or less AMD saying "we like the idea of top end cards like the Titan but they need to be cheaper"

Awesome. I wonder by how much, if at all, the price of the Titan and the 980 will drop.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

What's that R9 Nano? is a 15 cm Fury aircooled... but will it throttle?

It's not a high TDP card. Did they say half the TDP of it's big brother, or was it 150 watts?

No. Seriously that's not true at all he uses enough humor elsewhere to know that he can always throw in the "I was joking" excuse but he just likes to say stupid shit without verifying anything: He released a video on the 980ti and spend a good few minutes trashing Witcher 3 for being an awful port and how he could not get it beyond 60 fps and the fucking idiot had v-sync enabled. That's why if you look at that video he just removed that rant and plastered a stupid annotation during the witcher 3 bench results.

Hoooooly shit someone made a mistake. He's totes a fucking idiot now.

so she said it took them 5 years to develop HBM how is pascal going to get HBM is nvidia going to buy it from AMD or have the been working on there own?

AMD 1800X Water Cool H80i 48GB Ram 980ti EVGA ACX2.0 M.2 (Samsung 950Pro) 1TB Samsung 850 OS:MSX

It's not a high TDP card. Did they say half the TDP of it's big brother, or was it 150 watts?

OP's post says this:

Fury/Fury X/R9 Nano/Fury X2

• Fury
    • 4096 SPUs
    • Air Cooled
    • 275w
    • $549
    • July 14
  • Fury X
    • 4096 SPUs
    • Water Cooled
    • 275w
    • $649
    • June 24
  • R9 Nano
    • 4096 SPUs
    • Air Cooled
    • 6" PCB
    • 275w
    • $???
    • Q3 2015

Same number of cores, same TDP, different formats. That's why I'm asking...

This is a signature.

Remember, guys still no benchmarks yet (knock on wood).

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Hoooooly shit someone made a mistake. He's totes a fucking idiot now.

Anyone can make a mistake. Almost screaming about how it's a crap port and then instead of accepting he made a mistake editing it out makes him a coward unwilling to face up to said mistake. I wouldn't recommend anybody watches content from such a hypocrite.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Stream was so lame when them were showing of the rebadged R9 series without really going into the tech.

What a contrast to the awesomeness of the four Fiji products.

so she said it took them 5 years to develop HBM how is pascal going to get HBM is nvidia going to buy it from AMD or have the been working on there own?

HBM is not made by AMD (at least I don't think). It probably took 5 years for HBM to get ready for consumers and for AMD to implement it into their architecture. Nvidia is likely in the process of implementing HBM as well right now.

Someone notify the editors of Oxford Dictionary that the meaning of NEW ERA has been changed to REBRAND.

Someone notify the editors of Oxford Dictionary that the meaning of NEW ERA has been changed to REBRAND.

Yeah they only released the 300 series, fury was a joke right?

Did u even watch the damn stream? New era refers to fury not 300, idiot

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Awesome. I wonder by how much, if at all, the price of the Titan and the 980 will drop.

We will have to see if it performs as expected first though.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Confirmed Dual Fiji card, hrrrnngg. 8192SP's on one card. Sounds like my UHD setup is going to get to that stage where I can have AA on just for the fuck of it.

Or buy dual fiji with an occulus rift or HTC vive. One furyX HBM GPU per eye!

The HBM itself is made by SK Hynix. And Nvidia has been working on implementation of HBM for at least a couple years, after they were forced to abandon or delay their plans to adopt HMC.

So I still think 4GB is not enough for 1440-up. Especially if you play 4/5k. Am I wrong here? Won't 4GB be a bottleneck soon?

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

OP's post says this:

Same number of cores, same TDP, different formats. That's why I'm asking...

Think OP is a mistake wrt to the nano if I remember the stream correct it was a lower TDP part. Besides how can you cool a 275watt GPU with that tiny heatsink and fan...

Yeah they only released the 300 series, fury was a joke right?

Did u even watch the damn stream? New era refers to fury not 300, idiot

Fury is the main feature, but still, AMD should answer for rebranding their entire R9 200 lineup as the R9 300 series. It's not just stupid, its goddamn retarded. Why couldn't they release a full Fiji-based lineup? I mean, the Fiji-based cards look super promising, so why rebrand?

This new HBM cards are actually looking pretty good. Now we just have to see real world benchmarks.

P.S: Did Huddy complain about Gameworks? :P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.