best free backup software

ScubaChase

crashplan is free for local backup i think for unlimited offsite its like 8$ month havent used it in over a year but i did like it when i did use it

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

FreeFileSync does what it says on the tin

What are you using it for

"If in doubt, use a bigger hammer" Anonymous

FreeFileSync does what it says on the tin

What are you using it for

Backup my pc files because my hard drive is dieing.

Free file sync will back it up but why not just move directly by cloning your current drive to a new one if your know it is dying?

Free file sync will back it up but why not just move directly by cloning your current drive to a new one if your know it is dying?

Could I use and external hard drive and then when I get a new inturnal drive could I put it on there?

Are you implying you want to clone the dying drive to and external drive and use it as main drive?

If so i don't think it is possible to do that on Windows as it doesn't like removable storage

My recommendation would be to buy a new hard drive right away as data loss can be catastrophic

Are you implying you want to clone the dying drive to and external drive and use it as main drive?

If so i don't think it is possible to do that on

Windows as it doesn't like removable storage

My recommendation would be to buy a new hard drive right away as data loss can be catastrophic

No just as a means of storage until I can get another hard drive.

No just as a means of storage until I can get another hard drive.

Best thing is definitly just back it up.

FreeFileSync is a good option

Synctoy 2.1 is another