Good DAC for around 100€

Sir_LaggaL0t
Go to solution Solved by Sir_LaggaL0t,

I hear a big difference with sbx studios

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BxO9cd-sYA#t=0

I just listened to it.   Hell yeah there is a huge difference. Is this software included with every SB?    i would probably run something between 40 and 100% surround. it sounded superb in Battlefield *-*

I ordered my AD700X today for gaming and I primarily want to get rid of the whitenoise of my built in soundcard ( Realtek® ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC 

- Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
Audio Feature :
- Absolute Pitch 192kHz/ 24-bit True BD Lossless Sound
- Blu-ray audio layer Content Protection 
- Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel)

Its on the sabertooth z77. Anyway, is there any good recommendable DACs that dont overpower my Soundcard, AND work hand in hand with it. 

I mostly play games and watch youtube videos on my pc (gaming in stereo)
Would also spend more than 100€ if something great comes up, like for example you guys think that a soundcard alone would be better.
Im pretty new to the audiophiles, so bear with me!
Thanks in advance.

What do you mean work hand in hand with your built in soundcard? No DAC will do that.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I ordered my AD700X today for gaming and I primarily want to get rid of the whitenoise of my built in soundcard ( Realtek® ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC 

- Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
Audio Feature :
- Absolute Pitch 192kHz/ 24-bit True BD Lossless Sound
- Blu-ray audio layer Content Protection 
- Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel)

Its on the sabertooth z77. Anyway, is there any good recommendable DACs that dont overpower my Soundcard, AND work hand in hand with it. 

I mostly play games and watch youtube videos on my pc (gaming in stereo)
Would also spend more than 100€ if something great comes up, like for example you guys think that a soundcard alone would be better.
Im pretty new to the audiophiles, so bear with me!
Thanks in advance.

You could get a Fio E10k I suppose?

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

What do you mean work hand in hand with your built in soundcard? No DAC will do that.

Alright I kinda expected that since all the ones I have seen so far are USB.

You could get a Fio E10k I suppose?

Well would you recommend me going for that DAC or for a soundcard  like the Creative Sound Blaster Z?  I want to play hear footsteps in games like CS:GO really well.

Well would you recommend me going for that DAC or for a soundcard  like the Creative Sound Blaster Z?  I want to play hear footsteps in games like CS:GO really well.

I have a DAC/AMP (Aune T1 MK2) and a Soundcard, (Sound Blaster Z) and I couldn't tell the difference whenever I play CSGO, so I'm gonna say it doesn't matter, just what works better for you.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

I have a DAC/AMP (Aune T1 MK2) and a Soundcard, (Sound Blaster Z) and I couldn't tell the difference whenever I play CSGO, so I'm gonna say it doesn't matter, just what works better for you.

Thats one fancy looking AMP :D   

Do you notice differences anywhere else?  Music, ( im guessing the Soundblaster comes with settings aswell? )

Thats one fancy looking AMP :D   

Do you notice differences anywhere else?  Music, ( im guessing the Soundblaster comes with settings aswell? )

Yeah, the sound blaster comes with settings. The one thing I did like about the sound card was the EQ slide bar and extra outputs for all my speakers, other then that there's no huge difference that I can make out. I tried the surround sound on the sound card once and it actually made me do worse. When I play with just the regular settings with the surround off, I can still hear all the footsteps properly. The only major difference is the DAC/AMP combo would be a lot better at eliminating your white noise problem because it's completely outside your case, where as with the sound card you could still have the problem.

Yeah, the sound blaster comes with settings. The one thing I did like about the sound card was the EQ slide bar and extra outputs for all my speakers, other then that there's no huge difference that I can make out. I tried the surround sound on the sound card once and it actually made me do worse. When I play with just the regular settings with the surround off, I can still hear all the footsteps properly. The only major difference is the DAC/AMP combo would be a lot better at eliminating your white noise problem because it's completely outside your case, where as with the sound card you could still have the problem.

Thanks for now ! I´ll sleep over this for now and probably do some more research.

I hear a big difference with sbx studios

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BxO9cd-sYA#t=0

I just listened to it.   Hell yeah there is a huge difference. Is this software included with every SB?    i would probably run something between 40 and 100% surround. it sounded superb in Battlefield *-*