Xbox One New Elite Controller - Swappable parts included - Updated

GoodBytes

I wonder if it's possible to use it with, say, 3 paddles removed altogether. I can easily think of several games where one or two paddles might be enough, whereas another game you'd love to have all 4 attached.

Yup, it is entirely configurable and can store 255 different button profiles on the controller, so you'll be good for anything you decide to do,

OMG not more buttons.  Definitely more reason for me to never get a console again.

.. and 4 bumper pads under the grips gives the user more ways to screw up and hit buttons they shouldn't.  I hate that button placement.

If you actually used a controller like that, you'd know they're fairly simple to get used to; those buttons on the bottom are useful  if configured correctly.

This shouldn't even remotely touch on why you shouldn't buy consoles.

The double negative overload has broke my mind, and I have no idea what you are saying.

The double negative overload has broke my mind, and I have no idea what you are saying.

The controller shouldn't have anything to do with buying a console.

It kinda does.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

If you actually used a controller like that, you'd know they're fairly simple to get used to; those buttons on the bottom are useful  if configured correctly.

Kloaked if the games require more and more buttons to press there is less chance I can play the games.  Simple as that.  So yes more buttons on a controller does give me less reason to buy a new console if the game makers are going to make use of them all.  Also in regards to controllers and mice I have had certain buttons get in the way for me and hit them by mistake when gaming and that of course ruins my gaming experience.  Therefore when purchasing a console I really do have to look at what the controllers are like. 

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Kloaked if the games require more and more buttons to press there is less chance I can play the games.  Simple as that.  So yes more buttons on a controller does give me less reason to buy a new console if the game makers are going to make use of them all.  Also in regards to controllers and mice I have had certain buttons get in the way for me and hit them by mistake when gaming and that of course ruins my gaming experience.

You didn't read any of the briefing did you? 

This controller is not adding additional buttons for developers to make use of. It is adding more buttons so YOU can decide which buttons to use best. So you can have your reload, action, jump and et al placed in different areas based off how YOU like it. So you can determine when the triggers are triggered based on YOUR preferences. 

Where did you get this idea that game makers are going to use the Elite controller and add more button functions? Eh? Thats not what is happening at all. 

This is the equivalent of you complaining that the Logitech G700S has too many buttons and that developers are going to force you to use them. NO. My G700s extra buttons are simply remapped macros and buttons from my keyboard. For MYSELF. Not because a developer is forcibly making me use them... 

Wow man. Just wow. 

It kinda does.

Not really. DevilzzzyolosXxXsW@g is already a PC user, so why is he worried about buying a console based on a controller? You can use the regular Xbone controller or this new one. The new one looks far superior anyways and I'm probably going to get one for my PC.

Kloaked if the games require more and more buttons to press there is less chance I can play the games.  Simple as that.  So yes more buttons on a controller does give me less reason to buy a new console if the game makers are going to make use of them all.  Also in regards to controllers and mice I have had certain buttons get in the way for me and hit them by mistake when gaming and that of course ruins my gaming experience.  Therefore when purchasing a console I really do have to look at what the controllers are like. 

Those buttons are rebindable to another button on the controller. They're not just adding more buttons to the control scheme.

You don't even have to use them if you don't want to. If you don't bind them, they don't do anything. Least that's how it worked on Razer's controller.

90Dollas, that not worth it i think

i think prices in Canada are higher compared to US

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

Not really. DevilzzzyolosXxXsW@g is already a PC user, so why is he worried about buying a console based on a controller? You can use the regular Xbone controller or this new one. The new one looks far superior anyways and I'm probably going to get one for my PC.

Those buttons are rebindable to another button on the controller. They're not just adding more buttons to the control scheme.

You don't even have to use them if you don't want to. If you don't bind them, they don't do anything. Least that's how it worked on Razer's controller.

One of the reasons I have PS4 not xbox is because of the controller, if I'm buying a controller is should come with a controller that I feel comfortable using and is simple/elegant/great functions and other things too.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

One of the reasons I have PS4 not xbox is because of the controller, if I'm buying a controller is should come with a controller that I feel comfortable using and is simple/elegant/great functions and other things too.

This ain't about you, this is about Devilz

This ain't about you, this is about Devilz

MY point wasn't about Devilz my point was about controller is a factor when deciding which console to purchase IMO.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Well, I wonder what Scuf will say.

Microsoft just pulled an accelerated EEE on Scuf. 

Scuf was overpriced, had crappy customer service, and was entirely reliant on MS approving their devices for functionality on the console. MS has killed their creation overnight. Who is going to spend 200 on a 3rd party controller when 90 bucks on a first party one that is assured to work from day one till the day it truly dies? 

MY point wasn't about Devilz my point was about controller is a factor when deciding which console to purchase IMO.

This ain't about you, this is about Devilz.

Not really. DevilzzzyolosXxXsW@g is already a PC user, so why is he worried about buying a console based on a controller?

This ain't about you, this is about Devilz.

my response

It kinda does.

Now your response

I know this quote ( at least most of it ) was about him but I was responding to you based on you saying it doesn't.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

my response

Now your response

I know this quote was about him but I was responding to you based on you saying it doesn't.

You're not understanding.

DevilxxXxZzXXsL@yeRzz hasn't bought an Xbox One by now from how he's talking, so what the hell is a controller going to do with his decision that's obviously already been made?

Man I get what you are saying but my comments aren't related to him unless your first comment was related to him then derp just carry on.

DevilxxXxZzXXsL@yeRzz hasn't bought an Xbox One by now from how he's talking, so what the hell is a controller going to do with his decision that's obviously already been made?

I know in face that it wouldn't do anything. 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

You didn't read any of the briefing did you? 

This controller is not adding additional buttons for developers to make use of. It is adding more buttons so YOU can decide which buttons to use best. So you can have your reload, action, jump and et al placed in different areas based off how YOU like it. So you can determine when the triggers are triggered based on YOUR preferences. 

Where did you get this idea that game makers are going to use the Elite controller and add more button functions? Eh? Thats not what is happening at all. 

This is the equivalent of you complaining that the Logitech G700S has too many buttons and that developers are going to force you to use them. NO. My G700s extra buttons are simply remapped macros and buttons from my keyboard. For MYSELF. Not because a developer is forcibly making me use them... 

Wow man. Just wow. 

Where does it say developers won't have this new controller make games more complicated?  I don't see anything saying that.  I am allowed to be concerned when controllers get more and more complex as looking at history gaming consoles controllers progressively have gotten more and more buttons and you don't think they are going to make use of more buttons eventually if the gamers want it?  For me being a bad gamer that is a nightmare and thus yes for me I don't want to see a controller like this coming out.

He's making dumb comments just to make dumb comments.

Dumb comments?  I spoke about my personal reason for not liking the new controller.  Whether it is dumb or not I should be allowed to say it.  You basically also just called me a troll when that is not what I was doing. 

Where does it say developers won't have this new controller make games more complicated?  I don't see anything saying that.  I am allowed to be concerned when controllers get more and more complex as looking at history gaming consoles controllers progressively have gotten more and more buttons and you don't think they are going to make use of more buttons eventually if the gamers want it?  For me being a bad gamer that is a nightmare and thus yes for me I don't want to see a controller like this coming out.

Lol wow. 

At what point did you miss the fact that this controller is 100% optional and intended for those who like to remap their button placements and trigger points? Amazing. 

This controller ISNT FOR YOU. Since you clearly have no use for it. Its for those who want more customization in their control scheme. Nowhere does it say that developers are being told that this is now the standard controller layout. Lol. Amazing. You are knee jerking and panicking over a optional controller made for more hardcore and enthusiast gamers. 

Tell me, once again, do you complain that gaming mice exist? Huh? They have so many extra buttons. So do gaming keyboard. Yet are those layouts a standard? No...developers don't develop with a 16 button mouse in mind. they develop with a two button, scroll wheel equipped mouse. Everything else is optional and for individual taste. 

At this point you are trolling. 

Mind restored. :)

Kloaked if the games require more and more buttons to press there is less chance I can play the games.

Why...? Games like DMC 3/4 (especially 4, cause you can change styles mid fight) were made for a controller that has a billion keys. And those are some of the best games out there (for me). If you don't want to play games because they are too complicated to play you'll miss a lot of great games. They are worth every second you put in them, mastering the game is part of the fun.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Why...? Games like DMC 3/4 (especially 4, cause you can change styles mid fight) were made for a controller that has a billion keys. And those are some of the best games out there (for me). If you don't want to play games because they are too complicated to play you'll miss a lot of great games. They are worth every second you put in them, mastering the game is part of the fun.

Bouzoo can you understand that others and I might not be able to play games on console if they continuously add more and more buttons?  What may be fun to you and something you can do may not be what others want or can handle.