E3 2015 Microsoft Press Conference - Mega Thread

They mentionned Windows 10 or Xbox one and PC for like at least 10 games lol.

For example Fable Legends is Xbone and Windows 10 exclusive.

Xbone games coming to Windows is hardly extra effort towards PC gaming which they've spoken about over the last 12 months.

Where's the PC specific stuff from them? It's non existent so far, everything has been Xbone with PC support mentioned at the end of the demo.

Also it can't be Xbone & PC exclusive, that's a contradiction of terms.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Also it can't be Xbone & PC exclusive, that's a contradiction of terms.

I know but that's what they used.

I know but that's what they used.

Fair enough :)

Not trying to be arsey and I know they're attending the PC conference so I hope they try to appease the PC gamers with some kind of exclusives during that but right now it's same old MS, Xbone first and centre, PC way down at the bottom somewhere.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Today's presentation made me glad I bought an Xbox One last year. I find it a great complement to my PC. I just hope that PC to Xbox streaming is a thing.

Nice to see that Xbox is taking a good path.

For $349 is quite good, considering that now it's getting backwards compatibility. $349 is less than what I paid for my freaking GPU lol

Maybe the Xbox One modders will get some idea about how this compatibility works, XONE and PS4 use the same architecture as PC, maybe we will finally get a working X360 emulator on PC? :o

OP is banned so I don't think that's going to happen

Give the deets. :)

I looked at /r/PS4 and saw so much cringe that I left. They actually think backwards compatibility is bad...

Well let's be honest here, Xbone users were saying that back when the Xbone didn't have backwards compatibility either.

So far Microsoft has been pretty decent but I don't really see what everyone is going ape-shit about.

Early Access - I am not really a fan of early access in general but it's good for the people who do like it though. On top of that it seems like a good implementation with the demos and stuff.

Xbox partnership with Valve VR - Kind of hard to get excited about this since the Xbox partnership with Oculus was rubbish. Wow I can play on a virtual TV while sitting in a virtual couch... Seems really impractical and stupid. But who knows, this might be the best thing since sliced bread. I don't see the point of VR unless the virtual reality is in the game. If I wanted to sit in a couch playing the game on a TV I would just do that in real life.

Gears of War - Only played the first one and didn't think it was that good.

Halo 5 - I lost interest in Halo after Halo 3. I couldn't even be bothered to finish ODST.

Elite Controller - Looks really cool but I don't think it differentiate itself enough to justify the 150 dollar price tag. That's over 100 dollars more than the standard one, and all you get is some swappable parts (does anyone actually use that?) and 4 things on the back I can't quite figure out what they are for.

Backwards compatibility - Now this is what I call good news. No scratch that. This is what I call great news. Very impressive. I am very surprised they even manged to pull this off. I wonder how it works.

Fallout 4 mods - Meh... One game (that I am not very hyped about) and it will probably have a bunch of restrictions. Seems like they were very vague about how it will work and that's not a good sign.

I can either get a 970 or a Xbox One? Hmmm Xbox one. that controller doe  :o

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

OP is banned so I don't think that's going to happen

Bump

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I was looking at getting that controller till I saw the price, I'd rather get a normal Xbox One/PS4 controller and an SSD.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Backwards compatibility on a console is a game changer. 

Here is a video where they talk about the backwards compatibility:

They say it's a virtual console but I don't trust their words. I find it hard to believe that the pathetic CPU in the Xbone could emulate the CPU in the 360 well enough to run games at full speed. I think it is more likely that they are using binary translation, which would also explain why you can't play a 360 game straight from the disc, but rather have to download a new version from Microsoft.

Edit: Never mind they explained it a bit more in an interview I found on giantbomb. It is actually an emulator, but the Xbone thinks of the emulator as a game. The reason why you need to download the game again is because the game needs a container/wrapper which tells the Xbone which game it actually is, otherwise the Xbone would just think "I am playing the game Xbox 360 now". No changes to the actual game is needed, but the game needs a wrapper for everything to function as it should.

Very impressive and it's nice to see Microsoft be pretty transparent about the whole thing. They are even talking about some of the things they might not be able to do (multi disc games and peripherals).

Edit: Never mind they explained it a bit more in an interview I found on giantbomb. It is actually an emulator, but the Xbone thinks of the emulator as a game. The reason why you need to download the game again is because the game needs a container/wrapper which tells the Xbone which game it actually is, otherwise the Xbone would just think "I am playing the game Xbox 360 now". No changes to the actual game is needed, but the game needs a wrapper for everything to function as it should.

Very impressive and it's nice to see Microsoft be pretty transparent about the whole thing. They are even talking about some of the things they might not be able to do (multi disc games and peripherals).

Bump.

Answers and new substantive info are double post worthy LAwLz.

And to note that scrubbing vid to 2:03:00 for the start of MS segment.

:edit: Shit, that was a good interview.