E3 2015 Microsoft Press Conference - Mega Thread

Not bad Microsoft. EA, you're up next.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

They did, almost everything was about games. 

Curious that COD was not a part of the MS briefing, I think MS stopped paying for those rights. Now PS4 owners get to enjoy the "Mountain Dew cheetos 4 life" image that Xbox owners have enjoyed for all these years. 

its activision they follow the money like hungry cockroaches, they saw ps4 bringing more money due to more consoles in the wild, it turned into the xbox deal not being worth it

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

The controller will cost more than a XB1 game though :I

It looks sharp. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

The controller will cost more than a XB1 game though :I

It looks sharp. 

89.99 Canadian, so 20 more than a normal controller. 

Can't say its unreasonable, given what more niche peripherals for gaming tend to cost 

You have a weird taste in games and technology then and i own a ps4 , but i still enjoyed the press conference 

the only vaugely interesting thing was fo4 mods, that was nuts, the new con and I guess forza but that was already known. I literally cared about nothing else mentioned. backwards compatibility was neat I guess...but odds of my playing anything xb360 unless its somehow outputting at 1080 now are slim to none.

Hololens was cool. but I give no fucks about minecraft anymore.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I looked at /r/PS4 and saw so much cringe that I left. They actually think backwards compatibility is bad...

seriously if ps4 anounced backwards compatibility id go and by one asap

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

89.99 Canadian, so 20 more than a normal controller. 

Can't say its unreasonable, given what more niche peripherals for gaming tend to cost 

It beats the similar Scuff controllers on pricing. 

But they are something special. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Backwards compatibility seems cool, Sony really needs to up it at there conference tonight.

"We will build a firewall, the firewall will work, the firewall will be successful and if you don't think firewalls work all you have to do is ask Yahoo" 

@Victorious Secret Xbox YouTube channel uploaded a lot of trailers for games that were shown and those that weren't in the conference so you might want to add it to the OP :) 

https://www.youtube.com/user/xbox/videos

Mods on console?

That ain't gonna work very well. There will have to be some kind of limitation to it, as it's more than easy to overload a modern gaming PC with mods. I had skyrim modded to the point of not being playable, even with 16gb of ram and a gtx 970. Ended up having to back off with all dat grass. Still, will be interesting to see how it plays out, how they end up implementing them, how console players react to being in control of a game for once, etc.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

its activision they follow the money like hungry cockroaches, they saw ps4 bringing more money due to more consoles in the wild, it turned into the xbox deal not being worth it

Well there's rumours its not going to be exclusive to either console because the display on the building isn't advertising any console like it usually does with Xbox. Also I'm pretty sure Xbox isn't far behind and is probably going to over take ps4 eventually especially with this E3 event I think Xbox is a no brainer to go to these days with all of its features (whether or not you use them there still there).

@Victorious Secret

You should add this Trailer to the Halo 5 part :)

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

No idea, I just saw "exclusive" and stopped caring lol

yeah for tomb raider "exclusive/holiday 2015" and "exclusive....[pause]....in 2015" is a thing now

They seam to do a big deal about it, but wonder how widely spread this backwards compatibility will be, since the publisher have to approve that, and at the moment only 21 titles are backwards compatible

The backwards compatibility thing was a pretty impressive announcement. Kudos to Microsoft for making it happen. Still, I'm wondering how much of a performance hit there is - I imagine there's a reason why they chose to show an older 360 game like Mass Effect 1.

I can hear the PC Mustard Race having a stroke over this, as they will have to find something else to lord over console gamers for with this latest addition to Fallout 4.

That's probably going to be mods on bethesda.net aka no steam workshop, no nexus mods, etc. Good luck with that. The Xbox didnt magically become more powerful. Games are still going to be in 792p30 fps. But hey, Xbox has mods on 1 game in 2015. That's only about 25 years late.  Maybe it's time for consoles to ketchup.

The new controller is the only thing I'm honestly interested in as it has Windows 10 support "curious if the old controllers will work?..."

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

That's probably going to be mods on bethesda.net aka no steam workshop, no nexus mods, etc. Good luck with that. The Xbox didnt magically become more powerful. Games are still going to be in 792p30 fps. But hey, Xbox has mods on 1 game in 2015. That's only about 25 years late.  Maybe it's time for consoles to ketchup.

Pretty much this (attitude aside :P )

I think my biggest concern now is that Bethesda will somehow make it so that mods can only be implemented through their own Bethesda.net client... somehow.

MS reaffirm their support for PC gaming 3 times in 12 months.

Next gaming expo MS don't mention PC gaming at all.

Great job MS *starts the slow clap machine*

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Pretty much this (attitude aside :P )

I think my biggest concern now is that Bethesda will somehow make it so that mods can only be implemented through their own Bethesda.net client... somehow.

I fear that and also paid mods. bethesda.net looks like a plan B after the steam failure. I was just answering with the same attitude he has in the past.

I cant believe people at the conference clapped for DayZ. Poor things, they dont even know how shitty that game turned out. 1 year and a half in alpha it barely improved whatsoever.

MS reaffirm their support for PC gaming 3 times in 12 months.

Next gaming expo MS don't mention PC gaming at all.

Great job MS *starts the slow clap machine*

I didn't watch the conference, but if you're saying they didn't mention PC gaming in the conference this morning it's probably because PC gaming has its own conference later this week (think it's tomorrow) and Phil Spencer will be in attendance for it.

Excited for backwards compatibility

Hello

I didn't watch the conference, but if you're saying they didn't mention PC gaming in the conference this morning it's probably because PC gaming has its own conference later this week (think it's tomorrow) and Phil Spencer will be in attendance for it.

They mentionned Windows 10 or Xbox one and PC for like at least 10 games lol.

For example Fable Legends is Xbone and Windows 10 exclusive.

Mods on console?

That ain't gonna work very well. There will have to be some kind of limitation to it, as it's more than easy to overload a modern gaming PC with mods. I had skyrim modded to the point of not being playable, even with 16gb of ram and a gtx 970. Ended up having to back off with all dat grass. Still, will be interesting to see how it plays out, how they end up implementing them, how console players react to being in control of a game for once, etc.

I think the main limit we will see, is a lack of Fallout 4 Script Extender being available for XB1. A vast majority of Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas mods require Script Extenders to even function, even something as simple as hud mods usually require it. I think a lot of the mods will be limited due to this, more than the hardware of the console.

I think the main limit we will see, is a lack of Fallout 4 Script Extender being available for XB1. A vast majority of Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas mods require Script Extenders to even function, even something as simple as hud mods usually require it. I think a lot of the mods will be limited due to this, more than the hardware of the console.

Agreed. I can't see this being anything more than horse armor, weapons, characters, and MAYBE some small quest packs. If they pull it off, great, good for them. But it's still not full fledged modding, it's community made DLC.

At least, that's how I'm going to view it. That or Modding Lite

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs