E3 2015 Microsoft Press Conference - Mega Thread

xbox-one.jpg

Looks like we needed a proper thread for all this information so I am making one, it helps being organized. A lot of new information being revealed that is pretty neat, I will add it here. 

Will update as I go along. 

Xbox One is getting early access

1298465570063828263.png

Yea, it finally happened. But unlike the mess known as Early Access on Steam, you get demos on the Xbox One before you plunk down money. Neat, right? 

Wow, this is big. It’s called “Xbox Game Preview,” and it’s starting today with Elite: Dangerous and The Long Dark.

The first games coming to Xbox One’s take on Early Access are:

• Sheltered
  • Day Z
  • The Long Dark
  • Elite: Dangerous

It’s not up just yet, though. Technically, it launches at 5:30PM PST today.

Both Microsoft and Sony have talked about taking on Early Access-style programs in the past, as outlined in a story Stephen Totilo wrote during E3 last year.

Source: http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-is-getting-early-access-1711427830

Xbox partnership with Valve VR

I wish I had more to share on this end, but I don't. I'm trying to see if they flesh out the information on this and let us know what exactly this partnership involves. 

Gears of War

gZCTR6i.jpg

Ultimate Edition is coming August 25th, it will have a playable beta starting today. 

Xbox One Elite Controller

CHjlWntUwAENmxq+copy.jpg

When you've got a good thing going, the prevailing wisdom says you shouldn't mess with it. But today, at Microsoft's E3 press event, the company unveiled a redesigned Xbox controller: the wireless Elite. The new and improved controller adds four bumper pads under the grips, a textured rolling pad that replaces the standard D-pad and hair trigger locks for more precise control when slaying the bad guys in your shooter of choice. But what's likely the most exciting aspect of the new Elite controller is the ability to hot swap the aforementioned parts according to your personal configuration. Microsoft didn't commit to a firm launch date for the Elite controller, but you can expect it to arrive sometime this Fall.

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/15/microsoft-new-xbox-elite-wireless-controller/

Halo 5

halo-5-guardians-e1419182386177.jpg

Halo 5: Guardians won't force you to you choose between the grand scale of its single-player story and the camaraderie of multiplayer... in theory, you'll get both at the same time. The crew at 343 Industries has revealed that its sci-fi shooter will include Warzone, a 24-player mode that has you facing off against both other humans and AI opponents. Its maps are about four times the size of those from earlier games in the series, too. The addition reflects just how important the team dynamic (also shown off in single-player mode at E3) will be when Halo 5 arrives in October -- it's anything but an afterthought.

https://youtu.be/av-N5smXFpw

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/15/halo-5-warzone-mode/

Backwards Compatibility 

1298435314274044741.png

This is a big deal, since PCs still don't have a proper PPC emulator for the Xbox 360 and now MS is making it work natively off the Xbox One. That is seriously awesome, AND ITS FREE. 

TAKE THAT SONY! Who wants to pay for your old games via a subscription service when MS is straight up letting old games work natively! 

Backwards compatibility is coming to current-gen gaming. Microsoft just announced that the Xbox One will be able to play Xbox 360 games. Announced on stage and demonstrated with Mass Effect by Mike Ybarra, it sounds a lot like the OG Xbox -> Xbox 360 setup, you just plug in the disc, the system downloads a patch if necessary and then plays it. Microsoft took a chance to ding Sony for its PlayStation Now setup too, promising "gamers won't have to pay to play games they already own." According to Major Nelson, if you're in the Xbox preview program you will be able to try this out later today. A teaser image for the feature showed off other games like Perfect Dark Zero, Gears of War, Super Meat Boy, Halo Reach, Halo 3, Shadowrun and Borderlands.

Source: http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-is-getting-backwards-compatibility-1711415443

Fallout 4 Mods

1298443513379992645.png

I can hear the PC Mustard Race having a stroke over this, as they will have to find something else to lord over console gamers for with this latest addition to Fallout 4.

Any mods created on the PC version of Fallout 4? Xbox One players will be able to play that too, Todd Howard announced during Microsoft’s E3 presser. Wow!

Howard didn’t share any specifics, but regardless of how the modding situation works, it does mean that console players will get a taste of just how bonkers Fallout can become when players are given control. The question is, will there be limits to what console players can download? Or will it be a wild west, like it typically is on PC? 

Source: http://kotaku.com/fallout-4-on-xbox-one-will-have-mods-1711418973

EA Access free for this week

maxresdefault.jpg

All Xbox Live Gold members will be able to play EA Access Vault games for the next week, EA announced at Microsoft's press conference today.

EA exec Peter Moore revealed this just after announcing that Titanfall and Dragon Age: Inquisition are both on their way to Access.

Inquisition won't be out until later this summer, but Titanfall is expected out this week, so you'll likely have access to that. You can also freely play all existing Vault games, a list that includes Battlefield 4, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, FIFA 15, Need for Speed Rivals, and quite a few others.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-live-members-can-play-ea-access-games-for-fre/1100-6428116/

Interested about backward compatibility and that controller looks neat but I always prefer PS controllers.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

That controller looked pretty cool.

I second that, its about time they have buttons on the other side.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

What about XBONE streaming to the PC? I thought this was a thing with  Windows 10. Aka "entire Halo series on PC". :D

who cares...

Good job creating a thread like this VS, always keeps things nice and tidy.

I'm excited for SuperHot, that new controller, and Rainbow Six Siege so far

Damn beyond eyes looks very interesting. 

NO FUCKIGN WAY THEY JUST ANNOUNCED EARLY ACCESS. But better it seems, with demos

Fable Legends is f2p....

Microsoft working with Valve for the VR stuff

Hololens stuff as well, I'm hype. I'm so hype, I want that stuff now!!!!!

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Anything that says "Xbox one exclusive" gets an instant pass from me. Why should I need to spend extra money on a platform where the same game is even more expensive when I already have a PC?

Also, a free to play game that looks about as graphically intensive as a browser-based MMO is Windows 10 exclusive? What about previous versions like 7 or 8?

------------------------ Liquidfox R3 ------------------------

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact – Corsair AX860i – Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero – AMD Ryzen 7 5900X – Nvidia GTX1070 Founders

Good job creating a thread like this VS, always keeps things nice and tidy.

I'm excited for SuperHot, that new controller, and Rainbow Six Siege so far

I just get tired of seeing shitty threads that are filled with "I will fill in information later". How about filling in information now? You know? 

The thing i liked most in that video.

Borderlands cover art.

Dont hate its my favorite game

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

holy shit they fucking added early access to xbox, at least you can demo them before buying them which is something valve should do ASAP

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I just get tired of seeing shitty threads that are filled with "I will fill in information later". How about filling in information now? You know?

It's called "reserving a topic so you have exclusivity of reporting"... what have we come to...

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

holy shit they fucking added early access to xbox, at least you can demo them before buying them which is something valve should do ASAP

welcome to modern gaming where consoles have more demos than the PCs...pretty sad. Then again, it isn't in Valves interest to let you have a demo because otherwise you'd know how shitty the games are in Early Access and Greenlight

It's called "reserving a topic so you have exclusivity of reporting"... what have we come to...

Yup, pretty sad. Everyone wants a WAN Show mention so bad. 

Yup, pretty sad. Everyone wants a WAN Show mention so bad.

Wait you don't? Do not lie VS, we can see through you.

On topic: I remember Sony saying something about backwards compatibility via clouding, don't rememember them saying it's gonna be a paid option.

I don't know how many times they broke physics in that Tomb Raider presentation.. Also, Xbone exclusive? Wtf?

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact – Corsair AX860i – Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero – AMD Ryzen 7 5900X – Nvidia GTX1070 Founders

Wait you don't? Do not lie VS, we can see through you.

On topic: I remember Sony saying something about backwards compatibility via clouding, don't rememember them saying it's gonna be a paid option.

Yea, I seriously doubt Sony can setup infrastructure to handle streaming games to PS4s. They already charge for old games, no way they add back compatibility unless MS really forces their hand. 

We will find out, but I seriously doubt Sony has anything to rival MSs showing this year. PS4 fanboys are seriously butthurt over this, saying "who needs backwards compatibility". It is sad. MS effectively made PS Now look like crap and Sony is too stubborn to kill it. 

Nice post VS :) I'd like to have a try at that controller. Looks to be really interesting and I wonder how it stands to those scuff things. (Personally I never used those things.)

Also, would be interesting how they manage the mods things. Would they work with nexus? Or have their own like steam workshop. And I suppose graphical mods won't be such a thing, since it's already tailored (I assume) to provide the most fidelity and squeeze the most performance.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

I don't know how many times they broke physics in that Tomb Raider presentation.. Also, Xbone exclusive? Wtf?

Is it a timed exclusive?

Yea, I seriously doubt Sony can setup infrastructure to handle streaming games to PS4s. They already charge for old games, no way they add back compatibility unless MS really forces their hand.

We will find out, but I seriously doubt Sony has anything to rival MSs showing this year. PS4 fanboys are seriously butthurt over this, saying "who needs backwards compatibility". It is sad. MS effectively made PS Now look like crap and Sony is too stubborn to kill it.

Don't see any fanboys saying that here (not looking other sitey). If they did, it would make them hypocrites since they were talking down on XBone for the same feature when Sony said PS is gonna get it.

Theres a hell of alot of Xbox one & Windows 10 exclusives. Microsoft are really pushing hard with Windows 10. These exclusives and Directx12 could be big for microsoft. Native Rift support and now announced partnership with Valve VR.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

Is it a timed exclusive?

Don't see any fanboys saying that here (not looking other sitey). If they did, it would make them hypocrites since they were talking down on XBone for the same feature when Sony said PS is gonna get it.

I looked at /r/PS4 and saw so much cringe that I left. They actually think backwards compatibility is bad...

Is it a timed exclusive?

No idea, I just saw "exclusive" and stopped caring lol

I am extremely happy about backwards compatibility as I didn't want my Xbox 360 games to die and not be able to be played online anymore.  Still they did say it was up to publishers so it worries me a little still that some key games I have will not be able to be played on Xbox One.  I did hear the guy say that now Xbox One players can play with people playing on Xbox 360 so I guess the old console will still have a longer life than I thought.  I was expecting it to be totally killed at E3 this year but I guess it will still have some life yet so no need to rush out and get an Xbox One.  Still though with this move by MS they have guaranteed I will have an Xbox One in due time.

Oh and as for the new controller it looks even harder to use so definitely not something for me but for my son yes.  I don't like those new 4 underneath buttons or whatever.  Too many buttons for me already with controllers and to add more well OMG!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

No idea, I just saw "exclusive" and stopped caring lol

Stop being so narrow minded then and get more information before you start having a panic attack. 

Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive, likely it'll show up on PC before it shows up on PS4 even. Relax. Tomb Raider wouldn't even exist if MS didn't front the production costs. 

Wow. MS is partnering with Oculus and now Valve VR. MS really wants to dominate the VR market

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015