Bethesda announced Mods for fallout 4 on xbox one

Uwillparish

The mods will be cross-compatable i think

Hence my confusion why it says XBone and not XBone and PC?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

fuck consoles

fuck consoles

fuck consoles

fuck consoles

fuck consoles

fuck consoles

fuck consoles

-signed an ex console player.

probably because its during the xbox panel

Makes sense, I'm on phone atm so not watching.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

fuck consoles

fuck consoles

fuck consoles

fuck consoles

fuck consoles

fuck consoles

fuck consoles

-signed an ex console player.

agreed, However, it is interesting that their trying to make it like pc

agreed, However, it is interesting that their trying to make it like pc

It's interesting, but I doubt it'll go well. All the mods created will be PCMR banners and stuff :P

no it is, he said any mods that are made on PC will be able to be used on the xbox 1 

1. that will be a security issue mods can crash games which might cause a vulnerability, i 100% bet the mods will be tied to bathesda's  new digital platform "Bethesda.net" you can see fallout mentioned  Skip to 49:00

so its not really full modding just select "safe" mods

2.i really REALLY doubt all mods would work on a console tell me how i will run something like fallout script extender on xbox

batesda.net is just to test the water for paid mods anyway its poison and the modding community knows that

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Shame they still have to put up with 720p and 20fps with slow ass loading times :P

That's just Bethesda's code at work

Hopeful they do decent work on the port this time

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

That's just Bethesda's code at work

Hopeful they do decent work on the port this time

who are you kidding that not gonna happen

10/10 dogs would explode if  it stepped on sharp grass

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Mods tend to negatively effect performance, is it really wise to put them on something that will probably struggle on the Base game

I guess some good news for console gamers here.  Moving on ....

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

They really are trying to kill the pc aren't they, first allowing people to play there entire game libary on one console and now mods, I fear for our Lord Gaben!

I don't think they're trying to kill off the PC; more like bring the consoles and PC together as one...as in neither one has features the other does not :P

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

I guess some good news for console gamers here.  Moving on ....

Not really. I can't see this ending well.

We know they will cost money. We know that the console is already going to probably be running at max just to run the base game....how on earth do they think they're going to be able to allow mods?

I love all the "well there goes the modding argument for pcmr" comments. So completely inaccurate. I can already see what's going to happen. They'll nit-pick through the most popular mods on fallout 4 for pc, and offer them as dlc. Chances are they will only be content mods (weapons, horse armor, quests and characters) and not graphics mods or functionality mods (like the ones for skyrim that make the map usable, the UI more usable, etc)

At best, what this is, is microsoft and bethesda saying "well, we can let the pc super users make stuff, and then sell it at no cost to us, to the console players, and make money!"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That's a really good move to keep people buying consoles. 

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

We know they will cost money. We know that the console is already going to probably be running at max just to run the base game....how on earth do they think they're going to be able to allow mods?

I love all the "well there goes the modding argument for pcmr" comments. So completely inaccurate. I can already see what's going to happen. They'll nit-pick through the most popular mods on fallout 4 for pc, and offer them as dlc. Chances are they will only be content mods (weapons, horse armor, quests and characters) and not graphics mods or functionality mods (like the ones for skyrim that make the map usable, the UI more usable, etc)

At best, what this is, is microsoft and bethesda saying "well, we can let the pc super users make stuff, and then sell it at no cost to us, to the console players, and make money!"

Well mods don't cost money on pc right now so I was going with the idea that it will be the same for console gamers.  Until I am shown differently I think mods on consoles is good for console gamers.  They get more content and other things and who doesn't want that?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Do we in fact know that they'll cost money? I don't remember hearing that.

Anyway, I agree that this idea sounds great in theory, will likely have problems in implementation. For console gamers, it's better than nothing, though.

Well mods don't cost money on pc right now so I was going with the idea that it will be the same for console gamers.  Until I am shown differently I think the mods will be free.

Considering they already tried paid mods on PC, and immediately realized how big a mistake it was, I fully expect them to charge for mods on console. Considering that console users have no alternative source for mods, unlike PC which can get mods from just about anywhere.

Do we in fact know that they'll cost money? I don't remember hearing that.

Anyway, I agree that this idea sounds great in theory, will likely have problems in implementation. For console gamers, it's better than nothing, though.

See above^

You really think that MS is gonna offer a free service without some kind of hook? Either they will charge for them, or "pay now to install more mods!" or something.

Lol, right cause current "next generation" consoles aren't already struggling enough to get a minimum of 30 fps. How adorable. 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Considering they already tried paid mods on PC, and immediately realized how big a mistake it was, I fully expect them to charge for mods on console. Considering that console users have no alternative source for mods, unlike PC which can get mods from just about anywhere.

See above^

You really think that MS is gonna offer a free service without some kind of hook? Either they will charge for them, or "pay now to install more mods!" or something.

It looks like they're offering the backwards compatibility as a free service - "compatible disc-based games" and digitally downloaded titles won't need to be repurchased. I think MS is probably willing to offer these kind of things for free because Sony is beating them in console sales. 

Lol, right cause current "next generation" consoles aren't already struggling enough to get a minimum of 30 fps. How adorable. 

It's going to be so funny when it turns out to be all horse armor and weapons, or starts causing problems.

It looks like they're offering the backwards compatibility as a free service - "compatible disc-based games" and digitally downloaded titles won't need to be repurchased. I think MS is probably willing to offer these kind of things for free because Sony is beating them in console sales. 

Perhaps. It's still not going to be anything like modding on PC.

Well lets be fair here.  The mods for console were announced for fallout4, not skyrim; and although its tempting to use skyrim as a template for how mods could work, its an assumption that is not based on any facts.  We don't know what possible, or even what framework changes/abilities will be in the vanilla game.  Additionally DX12 could make differences that we can only guess at. 

They said there will be free mods available for console users; and that's all there is to it until proof says otherwise, or we know more about how it will be implemented.

I've a hard time seeing how mods like SKSE, or huge quality textures going down well.  But quest mods, weapons, armour, reasonably sophisticated follower mods could be a huge value add to console users.  Both Beth and MS should be applauded for making the effort regardless of feelings on how it may or may not ultimately pan out.

Pretty sure it'll be a lot easier for console users to figure out what they can and can't get away with since there will be a million others with the exact same hardware limitations testing out and retesting all the known knows.

If anything, this will only preemptively kill the modding community for Fallout 4 because who's gonna wanna donate their time and work for the benefit of console players?

Nice to see Microsoft renewed efforts to focus back on PC gaming: steal away PC gaming features they cannot possibly work on your shitty living room potato machine, yep that's what PC gamers were waiting for indeed!

Here's an idea MS: Can you even run this game at 1080p 60 fps? I'd be surprised since hardly any of them do so before modding is introduce, why don't you either get better hardware or better yet, introduce a cactus to your rectum?

-------

Current Rig

-------

If anything, this will only preemptively kill the modding community for Fallout 4 because who's gonna wanna donate their time and work for the benefit of console players?

Nice to see Microsoft renewed efforts to focus back on PC gaming: steal away PC gaming features they cannot possibly work on your shitty living room potato machine, yep that's what PC gamers were waiting for indeed!

My thoughts exactly.

Someone please inform Microsoft that we don't want a "computer lite" experience on console, we want them to stop hogging the exclusives to their potato box.

A lot of mods actually require you to work within a malleable file system so that you can edit .ini files on your own and drag and drop files into different locations. Systems like Steam workshop (horrible piece of shit) already have huge issues with trying to streamline the modding process. 

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.