Intel plans job cuts across the company, internal memo says and reduce R&D spending

jos

I didn't say it was on my person. I'm currently at Global Labs in Austin, Texas. My tax documentation is back in Ohio. Don't put words in my mouth. Having something in possession and having something in ownership are two different things.

I don't get the coffee unless I offer it. We have the freshman and sophomore interns for that. I have real HPC and system design experience. I'm far more valuable than the $4000 grocery runners.

Well, until you produce something to validate your claims, my mountain of evidence will have to suffice. Though, Amazon does offer a very easy to browse purchase history. Unless you purchased it with your friends account. Why you are keeping his receipts would be beyond me though. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Well, until you produce something to validate your claims, my mountain of evidence will have to suffice. Though, Amazon does offer a very easy to browse purchase history. Unless you purchased it with your friends account. Why you are keeping his receipts would be beyond me though. 

I've already been audited once. Thank logic I keep them. A college student making $20,000 a year while barely spending $4000 (I pay for my food and basic school supplies, and parents handle the clothing and rent so I have enough of my own money to strike out without them after graduation) is apparently suspicious, especially when I filed for my first tax return at age 16.

I'm a strange enough case to the point they expect something's going on under the table and liquid cash is being moved around illegally. At least our time wasn't wasted beyond a couple hours.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I've already been audited once. Thank logic I keep them. A college student making $20,000 a year while barely spending $4000 (I pay for my food and basic school supplies, and parents handle the clothing and rent so I have enough of my own money to strike out without them after graduation) is apparently suspicious, especially when I filed for my first tax return at age 16.

I'm a strange enough case to the point they expect something's going on under the table and liquid cash is being moved around illegally. At least our time wasn't wasted beyond a couple hours.

I appreciate the answer for the very last sentence i made, but the first half of my post is left unresolved. Does Amazon not let you check back one year to the purchase date? It's been almost 1 year to the day of the release. If you can provide that, i'd gladly forfeit whatever point i made on the subject.

My intelligence has net me an internship with IBM to the tune of $18,400. 

As someone who has worked at IBM, you might want to state which tower this internship is for, as it makes a huge difference. I'd actually say this comment adds nothing to your debate...

Also, might want to get rid of that dollar figure as there is no indication of period of employment. Heck, you could claim they are going to pay you $100,000,000, which seams like a lot but only if you omit the period of 1,000 years.

As someone who has worked at IBM, you might want to state which tower this internship is for, as it makes a huge difference. I'd actually say this comment adds nothing to your debate...

Also, might want to get rid of that dollar figure as there is no indication of period of employment. Heck, you could claim they are going to pay you $100,000,000, which seams like a lot but only if you omit the period of 1,000 years.

sb1g5.gif

I appreciate the answer for the very last sentence i made, but the first half of my post is left unresolved. Does Amazon not let you check back one year to the purchase date? It's been almost 1 year to the day of the release. If you can provide that, i'd gladly forfeit whatever point i made on the subject.

Old account I've long since locked and forgotten the password on (old family email, bogged down by spam, not worth trying to filter it all). I'll be back in Ohio at the end of August.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Extreme Blue program down in Austin, TX at Global Labs, and it's from 3rd week of May to 2nd week of August. 12 weeks, 18,400 USD and a product design to call my own having worked with some of the best design and programming people on the planet. I think I'm doing just fine.

Old account I've long since locked and forgotten the password on (old family email, bogged down by spam, not worth trying to filter it all). I'll be back in Ohio at the end of August.

Was fun while it lasted i guess. 

@OT: They_5c50a8_2587884.gif

I have real HPC and system design experience. 

If you are a student why you need to spend monry on HPC... back in my college days uni used to provid with HPC... It is not complete server... but they will alllocate certain computational power.. but it used to be above 100 cores

If you are a student why you need to spend monry on HPC... back in my college days uni used to provid with HPC... It is not complete server... but they will alllocate certain computational power.. but it used to be above 100 cores

Students who had the aptitude were allowed to take part in the redesign of the university's supercomputer. I never said I had to spend my own money on it. Assumptions are bad things people.

Intel will do what ASUS did: full automation of CPU/Accelerator assembly. The supercomputing world has slowed down due to Nvidia not having new Teslas, AMD not having new FirePros, and Intel not having new Xeon Phi until 2016. Business hiring rates around the world have slowed a bit as well, meaning the bulk orders of Dell Optiplex (and thus Intel CPUs) has slowed as well.

When do you think Intel will be running full automation for assembly?

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

When do you think Intel will be running full automation for assembly?

I give it 5 years max.