phantom 410 vinyl wrap

Evgesha9400

Hello guys!

I was wondering if anyone had experience carbon fibre vinyl wrapping a case with difficult shapes like Phantom 410.

I have done both side panels and a 5.25 bay door. I keep getting a horrible crease in the middle where lines meet when I wrap the top panel.

If anyone can give me a tip on how to do it, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

I've heard that you can use a hair dryer or a heat gun on the vinyl to help you stretch it.

the guy in the video does it kinda right its hard to explain. but please spend the $30 and buy a proper heat gun, i have done 10 whole car wraps, countless mobile phones, 2 motorbikes, Dont use a card on the edges use your finger you will notice if there are any creases in the vinyl. when you're happy with how it is sitting you have to heat the edges up to above 90 degrees C to activate the glue otherwise in a couple of weeks or months it will start to lift.

here is a photo of my car https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...11182756_n.jpg

i was thinking of doing something like this to the inside of my case to change some things up, maybe some snake vinyl would be fun.

the biggest part is just be patient when applying. you might want to try it out on something else get a feel for what your doing then try it on the case, i would suggest when you do the case maybe have someone help with holding the bigger piece of vinyl thats not attached so you can smooth it out.

also it might be easiest to cut the vents out after you apply, then you can press the vinyl into the crease between the vent/window and the metal part.

Start at the hardest curve/corner or "most outward point", then work around from there with heat, you might have to pay attention to the way the weave direction if you care.

if you can't get a heat gun use a good hair dryer, REAL CLOSE (like right up agents) for a few seconds. The vinyl i used was able to stretch a good ~1 cm before any major problems. With heat it stretch and mold over an inch (2.5 cm) but would start to discolor/ lose stickiness / lose the pattern / rip. so test and know the limits of your vinyl since it varies.

a friend helps, especially when you when your work from the middle out

Thank you to everyone who replied! I will be trying again soon.