My Mini Build

Hello, My name is Louis Lerner from Scotland. I am going to build a mini but mighty pc but I need to clarify a few last things.

First of all here is my line up;

CPU : Intel Core i7 4790k 1150 unlocked

Motherboard : Asus ROG Maximus VII Impact Mini Itx MoBo

CPU Cooler (Needs Clarifying) : Corsair H100 water cooler

RAM : 16 Gb Corsair Vengance Pro 2133 Mhz

PSU : Corsair Builder Series  CXM 600w Modular 80 Plus Bronze

Case : Corsair Obsidian 250D Mini-Itx Windowed Case

GPU : Asus R9 290X  http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HG7E6SM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3VCA88502XPM8

Plus Peripherals and Storage.

Total Price : £1238.16 Pounds stirling or $2373.54 Canadian Dollars

I am good with everything but the GPU and CPU Cooler sizes though I am Pretty sure that they will fit.

Please reply if you have any questions. 

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Don't use that gpu cooler as it works dreadfully on AMD gpu's and also I would put a 970 in that build simply for the smaller heat output from the card.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

That was a quick reply,

which 970 should i get 

there is a palitt one which is the same price as the 290x

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Palit-GeForce-JetStream-Graphics-Express/dp/B00NPRH4B8/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1434278568&sr=8-7&keywords=970

The 290X has a pretty good price to performance ratio. But the 970 will produce much less heat.

If you can wait one week than AMD will release the 3xx serie and this will potentially lower the price of the older AMD cards and porbably the price of the Nvidia cards as well a bit.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

I will definetly be waiting about a month so will the nvidia 9xx cards be dropping in price?

I will definetly be waiting about a month so will the nvidia 9xx cards be dropping in price?

My crystal ball says no, but we never kow.

It's much more likely you find a good on a saleout of the 2xx series or cheap used ones, since a lot of people are switching to the new model and sell the old once cheap.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

raw performance wise should i go with a 290x or a 970

would a Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 cooler fit this case