Kotaku banned from Ubisoft's E3 press event

TopWargamer

On one hand i think its pretty stupid to "ban" them from a press release because it just gives them a chip on their shoulder and it will show in their coverage in the future, but on the other hand they have the right to invite whoever they want to a special meeting.

And i think no matter where you stand on the "gamer-gate" bullshit, we can all agree that they are a shitty media outlet and i couldnt care less that they arent covering something. I went from going to Lifehacker/Gizmodo/Kotaku for 60-80% of my news to none at all about 3-4ish years ago. The quality of writing and amount of bias just got too hard to ignore. (Though lifehacker is at least somewhat better in some cases, i just dont want to support that company at all)

It sounds stupid though that we want publishers to make better choices in what media they talk to, because thats one of the biggest issues in the industry. Publishers unduly influencing the market so that they can get an unfair advantage over others.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

I'm no ubisoft fan lately but if kotaku had done something unfaithful to gamers in general I wouldn't want them at an event of mine. However if they had done something and only ubisoft knows about it, they should be open about it to the public as to why.

Their journalism is horrible anyway.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx