Kotaku banned from Ubisoft's E3 press event

TopWargamer

just another reason to hate on ubi

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

-snip-

Well different but not so much different in some ways. The way that I see it is that Ubisoft is not letting Kotaku in on their event, as OP said for reasons unknown, but probably because they were the harshest website in the last year or so. Yes, they have every right to do that, it's their choice, the same as AMD has the choice to send new cards only to fanboys as you said. Have they done that? Yes. From my perspective, it's the same as Ubi not letting Kotaku in because they particularly hate Ubisoft, I'd even go as far as that (not saying other sites are Ubisoft fanboys, god no). Who knows, maybe some other website is gonna get the same treatment next year (or this), so what are we gonna say about that. 

-snip-

I never said I don't think that Kotaku is biased and whatnot. Oh I know what kind of site they are and know the stuff they wrote. Click bait? Yes. From time to time, they have one or two good articles, but on them another 50 bad ones come. So don't worry, I'm familiar with Kotaku. And I don't even wanna start on Gamergate and Kotaku. 

Also you said you think Ubi might do the same to Polygon. If they do that, we might get another "gate" scandal, because then it would certainly look like only Ubi approved "people" might get invited, and we all know how that looks like, even if there was another motive for that.   :ph34r:

And as for the link, I'm gonna look it, seems interesting (the conspiracy and stuff).  ;)

Now for freedom of speech. I didn't went into specifics but this is what I meant. Kotaku is bashing on them, we all know that. Ubisoft decided not to invite them->scandal. Truth be told, Ubisoft has the right, it's their press (this is getting annoying :lol:). Are people gonna see that as a way of excluding them because they bash and bash and bash on Ubisoft? Absolutely, the rumours are already out. If they are not invited they can't report about the press first hand so they can't bash on them about that so the biggest enemy has been taken care of (until they get a game under their fingers or bash about them for not being invited, which interestingly they still haven't announced, wonder why). Or maybe Ubisoft hates them too and just doesn't want them. It's a double edged sword, depends how you look at it. Maybe the term "freedom of speech" was not exactly what I meant, but it wasn't something I didn't meant. 

I may have left one of two things out, but generally you should get the idea what I'm thinking.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Streisand Effect

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Well different but not so much different in some ways. The way that I see it is that Ubisoft is not letting Kotaku in on their event, as OP said for reasons unknown, but probably because they were the harshest website in the last year or so. Yes, they have every right to do that, it's their choice, the same as AMD has the choice to send new cards only to fanboys as you said. Have they done that? Yes. From my perspective, it's the same as Ubi not letting Kotaku in because they particularly hate Ubisoft, I'd even go as far as that (not saying other sites are Ubisoft fanboys, god no). Who knows, maybe some other website is gonna get the same treatment next year (or this), so what are we gonna say about that.

Ehh... Again you can't just ignore the huge differences.

1) AMD is allegedly only giving cards to fanboys. That is a huge difference compared to Ubisoft which is just not inviting one "gaming journalist" site, but they are inviting the other game reviewers. AMD is supposedly not giving away any review cards to any proper reviewer. Huge difference. One is just blocking one asshole site, and the other is blocking every trustworthy reviewer.

2) Ubisoft will be showing things that aren't out yet, and probably won't be out for a long time (usually 1-2 years between E3 showing and actual release). The 390X is already being sold in at least 1 store, and will probably start being sold in more stores in just a few days. This is also a huge difference because what people are upset about with AMD is that we might not get proper reviews on launch day. People gave Ubisoft a ton of crap for that when assassing's creed Unity's NDA was lifted on launch day, because consumers deserve to be informed before they buy something.

This is nothing like the thing people are "bashing" (I didn't even see that much bashing in the AMD thread) AMD for. They are two completely different things.

That's a good decision.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I wouldn't want Kotaku there anyway. It's a poorly written blog by poorly educated... bloggers? They aren't real journalists so idk what to call them. 

Ehh... Again you can't just ignore the huge differences.

1) AMD is allegedly only giving cards to fanboys. That is a huge difference compared to Ubisoft which is just not inviting one "gaming journalist" site, but they are inviting the other game reviewers. AMD is supposedly not giving away any review cards to any proper reviewer. Huge difference. One is just blocking one asshole site, and the other is blocking every trustworthy reviewer.

2) Ubisoft will be showing things that aren't out yet, and probably won't be out for a long time (usually 1-2 years between E3 showing and actual release). The 390X is already being sold in at least 1 store, and will probably start being sold in more stores in just a few days. This is also a huge difference because what people are upset about with AMD is that we might not get proper reviews on launch day. People gave Ubisoft a ton of crap for that when assassing's creed Unity's NDA was lifted on launch day, because consumers deserve to be informed before they buy something.

This is nothing like the thing people are "bashing" (I didn't even see that much bashing in the AMD thread) AMD for. They are two completely different things.

"Game journalist" is a strong word. They are "video game bloggers" at their very best. 

I wouldn't want Kotaku there anyway. It's a poorly written blog by poorly educated... bloggers? They aren't real journalists so idk what to call them. 

Trainee Youtube vloggers?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I don't think you know what freedom of speech is and you I don't think you know what the issue with Kotaku is either. However, today is your luckily day and people are here to educate you. Firstly, there is nothing against the freedom of speech Kotaku have here as they are still free to write whatever the fuck they want with or without being at the Ubisoft event. Secondly, Kotaku is a fucking shithole but their content is low quality, clickbait blogging that is disguised as journalism. They have no ethical standards at all and they have writers who had relationships with female game developers and in return gave them a good review. They also did that without telling their readers there was a personal relationship going on and the content written may be biased. The video below will explain everything along with this website.

-SNIP

Please put that in a spoiler so we don't have to see that hideous face. I'm having flashbacks to the f**king 7 page paper I had to write on the incident, which I'd mostly blocked out.

"Game journalist" is a strong word. They are "video game bloggers" at their very best. 

My thoughts exactly.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Please put that in a spoiler so we don't have to see that hideous face. I'm having flashbacks to the f**king 7 page paper I had to write on the incident, which I'd mostly blocked out.

My thoughts exactly.

Zoe-Quinn.jpg

I MAKE NO APOLOGIES

...lets get this wank stain in here just for the lulz

phil-fish.jpg

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

GOOD!

We are talking about one of the original sites, using the journopros mailing list, to distribute the gamers are dead propaganda, made by a game hating mysandrist, called Leigh Alexander. This of course was pure propaganda, as the research paper she based it on, actually concluded, that people don't identify with the gender, race or anything else when playing games (oops).

Jason "we never claimed to be objective" Shreier, is one of the cancers on the gaming media, that has hurt gaming, gamers, and are tryng to force social marxism on us all:

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/509808729186136064">September 10, 2014

Just some other shit this guy has spouted.

84e29c_5310365.jpg

I heard in the last discussion between Sargon of Akkad and Milo Yiannopoulos, that the gaming companies are starting to be so frustrated, about what these "gaming" sites has done the last couple of years, that this might just be the first company, showing it's first actions. This is something we will see more of, and honestly: Good riddance! 

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

-snip

I MAKE NO APOLOGIES

...lets get this wank stain in here just for the lulz

-snip

STAAAAAAHHHHP

tumblr_njb541OTdW1sh43kgo1_400.gif

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

LOL, not invited isn't the same thing as banned.

I'm guessing it's not a public event so limited invites.

Exactly... to be the last in a list, and not make it to a event, is very different then to be banned!

But pretty much like everything, the drama was installed and egos were hurt, and here comes the tears in social media without even trying to understand or know the reasons. First Ryan from PCPer, now Kotaku...

Damn, what a week to be hatin', and like pretty much every topic in this community, the hate train has departed putting all the logic aside and not caring about the facts.

STAAAAAAHHHHP

tumblr_njb541OTdW1sh43kgo1_400.gif

Just be thankful I couldn't post her softcore pics lol.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Just be thankful I couldn't post her softcore pics lol.

I've seen them

xE1TjRM.gif

Not being invited to a press event is a different from being banned. Being banned would mean that Ubi black listed them. If Ubi black listed someone like Kotaku you'd better believe they would by throwing a temper tantrum and yelling about it on their website. Most likely Kotaku did or said something that Ubi wasn't overly happy with for one reason or another and they left them out. Kotaku is still able to "report" on anything from the conference just by watching the various streams and they're still able to go to Ubi's booth and see whatever they're showing off. I almost wonder if watching a stream of the conference would be a better experience anyway.

Uhm I only read the first source and it has no mention of ubi "banning" kotaku, only they just didn't send them an invite... Banning and not inviting are two VERY different things.

This post is clickbait, just like Kotaku's blogs.

kotaku can burn, its nothing but second rate games journalism and sjw stories that are so contrieved and stupid that they actually detract from the very social injustices there trying to help solve.

i dont care that they include politics or other things in there articles, i have no problems with any writer who does this, its just kotaku are shit at it and rather then making informed arguments or justifications for there views they act like entitled idiots

Wow. I'm pretty happy with Ubisoft right now. Next, they need to not invite Polygon and any other click bait websites.

Gawker as a whole is pretty shitty. Jalopnik is actually respected by automakers and Gizmodo at least earned their rights to Apple events after being ban hammered by His Holy, Steve Jobs. 

But all in all, the media industry doesn't give two fucks about Gawker at all. They make TMZ look rational and sane in their practices.