I think it's time for new headphones. $150 budget

Minzo

Dont recomend

150$ = ~1300kr

Cheapest modmic in sweden costs 599kr

Hyperx Cloud (1) costs 849kr

ATH-M50x costs 1394kr

DT 770 Pro costs ~1400kr (there are 3 different "pro" versions dont know which you meant)

Sennheiser HD558 costs 1290kr

Sennheiser G4ame Zero costs 2099kr

Now do you see the value?

Ah, dirty swedish prices, merica....

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

aren't the clouds the Qpad and beyerdynamic all the same thing? I know there is a direct relation between the beyer and the cloud. I think I remember Qpad and beyer were designing the qpad 1339 together and it looks like the qh90 is a different iteration of the same thing

in this entire thread the only headphone that was recommended that is "different" is the m50

my recommendation is an ATH ad700 or ad500 and tie that together with a headworn mic from amazon. or the modmic if you want to blow more money. IMO open backs sound way better for games

Most headphones under 150 with a mic are pretty bad . . . I'd recommend the Audio Technica ATH-M50X. They are the best headphones you can get under 200 dollars, and i'd advise getting a separate mic. http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50x-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR86

Wrong and also they are out of his price range.

+1 for the ad500 they are amazing for gaming.

If you can't use open back headphones what is the pricing for the m40x?

The m40x costs around $100 where I live. And if I buy them then I have to get another mic right?

Yea you will have to buy a separate mic the mod mic is probably your best bet as it can also be used with any other headphone you'll buy in the future but it's not a most.

The real question to ask now is how much the mic quality is important to you will you just use it to play tug friends casually? Are you guys playing competitively? You can always just get a cheap desktop mic or clip on mic and be done with it lets face it most people just need others to hear their voice the mod mic is if you wanna treat yourself but than again so are headphones:)

Yea you will have to buy a separate mic the mod mic is probably your best bet as it can also be used with any other headphone you'll buy in the future but it's not a most.

The real question to ask now is how much the mic quality is important to you will you just use it to play tug friends casually? Are you guys playing competitively? You can always just get a cheap desktop mic or clip on mic and be done with it lets face it most people just need others to hear their voice the mod mic is if you wanna treat yourself but than again so are headphones:)

Yeah, the only reason I need a mic is to communicate with friends. I don't really play at a high skill level so it doesn't need to be that good. The m40x isn't available for pickup in store and I don't like to wait for shipping.

Another pretty good option is the Shure srh440.

If you go for those try also buying the 840 pads for better comfort and sound.

Also can you use open back headphones?

It will work but I only heared really bad things about those although not from experience.

Maybe someone else tried them

Another pretty good option is the Shure srh440.

If you go for those try also buying the 840 pads for better comfort and sound.

Also can you use open back headphones?

I guess I can use any headphones, don't really know the difference between open and closed. As long as I can find a microphone that fits into the budget then I can pick anything. This is hard.

Open back headphones allow sound in and out they leak sound and they don't isolate in return they usually have very wide soundstage and often overall better sound( although that is very subjective) the better soundstage improve the positional audio and enhance the overall experience.

If you can deal with the sound leaking out( it's not as bad as speakers) and don't mind the lack of isolation open backs are probably the way to go.

The audio technica ath ad500 are a great option if you can find them

Open back headphones allow sound in and out they leak sound and they don't isolate in return they usually have very wide soundstage and often overall better sound( although that is very subjective) the better soundstage improve the positional audio and enhance the overall experience.

If you can deal with the sound leaking out( it's not as bad as speakers) and don't mind the lack of isolation open backs are probably the way to go.

The audio technica ath ad500 are a great option if you can find them

I sent you a PM.

I probably can live with open back, I hope my girlfriend can too :D

Uh it's not wrong and his price range says $150 in the title, idiot. I wish I could downvote this for ignorance lol. 

It's wrong because:

A. There isn't really the best in headphones since everyone has a different taste.

B. The m40x is 50$ cheaper and sound nearly identical.

Also in Sweden it cost more and he also needs a mic.

It's wrong because:

A. There isn't really the best in headphones since everyone has a different taste.

B. The m40x is 50$ cheaper and sound nearly identical.

Also in Sweden it cost more and he also needs a mic.

beyerdynamic dt 770 + Modmic

its what i use and love it.

Most headphones under 150 with a mic are pretty bad . . . I'd recommend the Audio Technica ATH-M50X. They are the best headphones you can get under 200 dollars, and i'd advise getting a separate mic. http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50x-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR86

What's your reference? MKBHD? Do your research properly and listen to them. K7xx shits on M50x if you're talking about headphone under $200

What's your reference? MKBHD? Do your research properly and listen to them. K7xx shits on M50x if you're talking about headphone under $200

My reference is personal experience. I have friends in audio production and they seem to be the best solution. I've tried them and find them great.

My reference is personal experience. I have friends in audio production and they seem to be the best solution. I've tried them and find them great.

Sure they are good. But there is plenty better, for cheaper

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Then you simply havent listened to enough headphones

Then you simply havent listened to enough headphones

I don't have to listen to every pair of headphones to have an opinion on such a subjective matter, idiot. I suggested a pair of headphones, you don't need to comment on my opinion. 

I don't have to listen to every pair of headphones to have an opinion on such a subjective matter, idiot. I suggested a pair of headphones, you don't need to comment on my opinion. 

Being an idiot means simply being the loudest when you don't know the most. I don't need to comment on your opinion but I'll dispute any publicized statement that's incorrect

If you think M50x the best headphone under $200, fine. But keep it to yourself, don't misguide other people.

You're like the blind trying to lead the blind :(

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2