390X benchmarks from the guy that unboxed it

Tiber1337

Please don't spread false informations. They may have been releasing WHQL drivers rarely in the last year, but 2 years? I know that's not true so please care to explain.

No your right, 2 years was a different AMD topic I mixed up with the drivers. Sorry.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

AMD.... I-..... If the Fury doesn't outperform at least a 980 and consumes more power, then AMD should just quit.

Actually @kipper brought up a very good point. It should show the date created in 2015 even if it was rebranded.

not if the silicon is the 290(X) ;)

find one of very 1st 280X and will have the same date as the HD7970 because it was HD7970 inside - they are very rare tho  :unsure:

AMD.... I-..... If the Fury doesn't outperform at least a 980 and consumes more power, then AMD should just quit.

IF they quit and Nvidia was the only one.... that'd be pretty scary though. I wish AMD could compete just so the pricing stays competitive.

IF they quit and Nvidia was the only one.... that'd be pretty scary though. I wish AMD could compete just so the pricing stays competitive.

ATi goes to Intel (as it should've happened 7-8y ago) and AMD goes to nVidia - problem solved  ;)

I dont understand people, is this the new HBM 390x AMD was supposed to release? if its a rebrand from 290x then which will be the new HBM cards?

And why they suck so much if these are the HBM new ones? 

Basically if thats the case 980Ti is AMD's GPU division grave digger,at least for 2015-2016 period.

Since i dont understand my guesses are pointless too.

everything 3xx is rebrands of 2xx series

the HBM Fji cards will be the Radeon Fury series

What confuses me the most is that people with a lot of posts... obvious tech people don't yet know the 390X is not the Fury. Literally google AMD's cards and you can see it's not...like ZOMG gag me with a spoon.

I just did for fun and clearly see Fury as first 4096-bit wide memory bus card. Of course that means nothing until it's benchmarked.... but seriously.

If people on here do not know the 390/X are not the top of the line then we really have issues. AMD will sell droves of these.

AMD will sell droves of these

that's exactly why AMD hasn't send review samples - uninformed people will buy them thinking they're Fiji, just like the guy in the video

are you guys actually believe this??

if you check the r9 290x firestrike score then compare it to gtx 970 score, gtx 970 wins but in gaming r9 290x leads with 5-10 fps.

this is just a synthetic benchmark and not real world gaming benchmark.

Rig: CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.5 ghz | MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: 4x4 gigs Kingston Fury 1600 ddr3 | GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X PSU: Seasonic M12ii-620 Evo Edition | HDD: 1 TB WD, 500 GB WD | SSD: Kingston SSD now 240 and 120 GB CASE: In Win 303 RGB edition | Mouse: Corsair m65 pro | Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK | Headset: Hyper X Cloud Pro  | Monitor: LG 29um58-P Ultrawide monitor.

The 200 series have been around for 2 years of which the 280 was based off the HD 79somthing and then they reused it as the 380.

The 380 is Tonga (285). It's less than a year old.

I'm still wondering what you wanted them to do. Cancel Fiji, and then wait until 16nmFF next summer/fall? I don't see how that would have made things any better.

everything 3xx is rebrands of 2xx series

the HBM Fji cards will be the Radeon Fury series

And how will they name them ? isn't Radeon Fury just a codename? will they be named R9 490X etc? thats what confused me.

Anyway now i know what r9 3xx is,thats all i need.

If people on here do not know the 390/X are not the top of the line then we really have issues. AMD will sell droves of these.

Which is a deliberate move by AMD. Rename the card, increase the price and let the suckers think they're getting something new. :-/

And how will they name them ? isn't Radeon Fury just a codename? will they be named R9 490X etc? thats what confused me.

Anyway now i know what r9 3xx is,thats all i need.

just like nVidia has GTX Titan X  ;)

Well lets hope the drivers give it a boost remember 

the drivers for the card aren't released  yet so lets hope it's gets better  

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

the drivers for the card aren't released  yet so lets hope it's gets better

wtf "aren't released"!!? they're in the box  :blink:

wtf "aren't released"!!? they're in the box  :blink:

There will be day 1 drivers for the card

The drivers In the box will be so that the card works 

Not it's true performance they will be several months old at this point 

So no point judging it now wait until official  drivers 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

There will be day 1 drivers for the card

The drivers In the box will be so that the card works 

Not it's true performance they will be several months old at this point 

So no point judging it now wait until official  drivers 

that's BS! the 390(X) is 290(X) - the exact same GPU, and Hawaii is mature to blame the drivers

that's just poor excuse

God, let's stop bit**ing about them and talk after release.

There are 9-10 topics debating the same freakin' thing.

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

that's BS! the 390(X) is 290(X) - the exact same GPU, and Hawaii is mature to blame the drivers

that's just poor excuse

Mike use your brain bro.... Listen carefully to this post.

Drivers will not improve the 390 because it already exists. What do you not get? Please tell us exactly why drivers for an old GPU will "enhance" benchmarks or games already out? Let us in on the joke.

Drivers for the Fury.... now that's something all together different. Had someone had that card leaked, then yes, perhaps new drivers would help it in benchmarks but that's not the case.

And yes....lock every 390/390X topic. It's getting tired. If you don't know it's a rebadge d 290 then you need therapy at this point, lol.

So in other words AMD's top tier card this year is only going to be slightly better then Nvidia's 4 string card. Not worth it probably for a single card since AMD tends to have much higher power consumption and heat output. But this is what you have to think about. This thing has got 8gb of VRAM. This is going to be awesome for Crossfire. Since the 970 only has the 3.5gb of fast VRAM, 390X crossfire is going to be better then 970 SLI for 4K gaming.

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

that's just poor excuse

We have seen re brands before give more performance 

so we will have to see 

We have seen re brands before give more performance 

so we will have to see

because rebrands often have higher clocks than the original

HD7970 vs R9 280X:

crysis3_1920_1080.gif metro_lastlight_1920_1080.gifsleepingdogs_1920_1080.gif tombraider_1920_1080.gif

So in other words AMD's top tier card this year is only going to be slightly better then Nvidia's 4 string card. Not worth it probably for a single card since AMD tends to have much higher power consumption and heat output. But this is what you have to think about. This thing has got 8gb of VRAM. This is going to be awesome for Crossfire. Since the 970 only has the 3.5gb of fast VRAM, 390X crossfire is going to be better then 970 SLI for 4K gaming.

Ehh I have a few issues with this. Firstly even if the 3.5/0.5GB split had caused me issues at 4K (it hasn't for me so far) the 290X's 4GB is absolutely fine. 8GB is going to be pretty nifty for 4K surround, but the 290X (or 390X) is just not powerful enough in Crossfire for that to be an option. Most of your 8GB is going to be sitting doing nothing basically all of the time.

Second of all, 970 SLI stopped making sense as a solution to go out and buy the moment the 980 Ti was released for the same price. Don't bother with SLI 970s or CF 390Xs -- just get a 980 Ti.