390X benchmarks from the guy that unboxed it

Tiber1337

It's all gameworks' fault. The hairworks in windows Aero make my FPS bad omg.

That was amds fault. they didnt approach the devs. 

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

I think there's some confusion.  Do you mean the "old 390x" (which is now the Fury)?  Or the current 390x?  God I hate GPU company naming schemes and rumors.

I'm talking all current names. The Fury X is meant to compete against the Titan X and GTX 980ti. The R9 390x SHOULD have been competeing with the GTX 980, but for some brilliant reason that I fail to comprehend, the R9 390x is just a 290x with a new sticker on it, is tied with the GTX 970 in terms of performance, and has a price tag like the GTX 980.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

No surprise it's a R9-290X with double the Vram and probably a higher clock.
And considering the GTX970 is quieter, cooler, more efficient and has huge OC head room it's obvious which to choose even at the same price point.

No official drivers.

Super shoddy "benchmark video" from a nobody.

Even iffffff it's a legit 390x we all know that historically nvidia has always performed better in synthetic benchmarks. I'd like some real world stuff.

That said, I honestly I dont really expect a whole lot more from a 390x but i'll not take much of what was shown here seriously. 

By all means though, continue the circle jerk.

It's a re-brand of course it performs like that.

RTX2070OC 

I'm talking all current names. The Fury X is meant to compete against the Titan X and GTX 980ti. The R9 390x SHOULD have been competeing with the GTX 980, but for some brilliant reason that I fail to comprehend, the R9 390x is just a 290x with a new sticker on it, is tied with the GTX 970 in terms of performance, and has a price tag like the GTX 980.

The 390x doesn't have to be competitning with the GTX980 it's been known for awhile that the 390x is just a 290x rebrand. the price tag of the 390x is not 500$ USD, it's probably going to be a little higher then what the 390x is now. 

AMD-Radeon-300-series-roadmap1.jpg

This is pretty much how the damn roadmap looks like Fiji is on top and that is the card we are waiting for.

http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/graphics-technologyThis is the card we are waiting for now.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

The 390x doesn't have to be competitning with the GTX980 it's been known for awhile that the 390x is just a 290x rebrand. the price tag of the 390x is not 500$ USD, it's probably going to be a little higher then what the 390x is now. 

AMD-Radeon-300-series-roadmap1.jpg

This is pretty much how the damn roadmap looks like Fiji is on top and that is the card we are waiting for.

http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/graphics-technologyThis is the card we are waiting for now.

If that's the case then Fiji better be selling for $500- $600 MAX. This $1000 "titan tier" GPU thing that Nvidia tried to pull off is effecively ruining the GPU market for consumers. Go back not even 5 years and you could get the best of the best, the FLAGSHIP model for $500. Why the hell does no one see a problem with this. Fiji can be either the 'consumer level flagship' or the 'titan level, just because GPU' not both.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Yes, and that's why everyone is pissed. The 390x was supposed to be an upgrade, but its not, and AMD is just jerking us around.

Were you jerked around when the 680 was rebadged as a 770?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Were you jerked around when the 680 was rebadged as a 770?

No, because the 770 is a tier down. What AMD is doing is like if the 680 was rebranded as the 780.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             

CPU
               WD Green 2TB

If that's the case then Fiji better be selling for $500- $600 MAX. This $1000 "titan tier" GPU thing that Nvidia tried to pull off is effecively ruining the GPU market for consumers. Go back not even 5 years and you could get the best of the best, the FLAGSHIP model for $500. Why the hell does no one see a problem with this. Fiji can be either the 'consumer level flagship' or the 'titan level, just because GPU' not both.

I doubt AMD will release their card for more then 650$ USD, AMD is in no place to really get into Titan X territory of Game Development.

And there will be a card around 500-600 dollars... Fiji Pro is the next step down, with probably ~35% performance and rumored 3584 Stream processors. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Because on average there should be a 10-15% performance increase from generation to generation. Both the GTX 680 and the GTX 780ti were Kepler based, but there was a huge performance difference. The R9 290x and the 390x could both be Hawaii based as well, but to have literally no performance increase is a load of bull. There's supposed to be some sort of revision process when you go up a generational level.

the 680 is the 770 if am not mistaken, and there was no performance jump, as someone else told you the 780 & 780Ti were new chips altogether, thats why perfomance  was up, and here is the same the only difference is the flag chip isnt out yet it's called Fiji, and perfomance should be 30-40% more than last flagship 290.

i still dont see why you would be disapointed, 3 days left for the New GPU, get disapointed then if it doesnt perform as you would like, but being disapointed at the same gpu for not performing better doesnt make sense.

No, because the 770 is a tier down. What AMD is doing is like if the 680 was rebranded as the 780.

How is it the same if the 390x is not their top tier card? Keep grasping at straws.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

RIP AMD

they had the chance to really blow the competition of the market and they failed. shame cuz i was willing to sell my 770 for whatever i could get out of it and then put the money towards getting a new R9 card BUT now looks like ill be adding another 770 i guess :/

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

It's not Nvidia ruining it, it's AMD not having good enough GPU's and most importantly software.

The GPU price almost doubled since the 500/6000 series simply because AMD isn't competing good enough.

They get into a good position for like 2-3 months at best and then Nvidia goes back and stomps on their line up for another 6-8 months.

The 900 series is already 9 months old and since then there was no reason to buy an AMD card at anything over $300.

RTX2070OC 

that doesnt even make sense, you know the branding is up to the company, AMD does not have to copy Nvidia and put a line up for each of Nvidia's Gpus, same for Nvidia that doesnt put competition for every AMD low end Gpus, the change AMD made, is making 1 enthusiast brand with fury, and left low-mid-high end as rebrand for now untill they are ready for 16nm finfet.

How is it the same if the 390x is not their top tier card? Keep grasping at straws.

That's the point. The 390x was supposed to be the consumer level flagship and Fiji was supposed to be the crazy priced Titan competitor. What they're doing now is essentially moving the entire naming scheme down a tier which makes no sense. Why even release an R9 300 series at all if it is literally the same as the r9 200 series. Marketing 101: the naming scheme is supposed to stay the same and you're supposed to move the previous generations products down a tier when you introduce the new models. What AMD is illogical and in general a dick move pending the price tag of Fiji.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             

CPU
               WD Green 2TB

i love the people that are righting the card off because of some nobodys you tube vid....has anyone thought that this "390x" is really just a 290x 8gb and this dude has been ripped off/is trolling everyone?  

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

i love the people that are righting the card off because of some nobodys you tube vid....has anyone thought that this "390x" is really just a 290x 8gb and this dude has been ripped off/is trolling everyone?  

Ripped off from best buy ok...................

If you watched the unboxing video then you know its real.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             

CPU
               WD Green 2TB

Now, watch Greenland just be a process shrunk Fiji with moar coars and HBM 2 and the entire R 400 series be various cut down Fiji and "Mini Fiji" dies.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

That's the point. The 390x was supposed to be the consumer level flagship and Fiji was supposed to be the crazy priced Titan competitor. What they're doing now is essentially moving the entire naming scheme down a tier which makes no sense. Why even release an R9 300 series at all if it is literally the same as the r9 200 series. Marketing 101: the naming scheme is supposed to stay the same and you're supposed to move the previous generations products down a tier when you introduce the new models. What AMD is illogical and in general a dick move pending the price tag of Fiji.

Who exactly decided what the 390x was supposed be? AMD? You? Keep grasping at straws.

Ripped off from best buy ok...................

If you watched the unboxing video then you know its real.

what, because he said he got it from best buy then it must be the real deal? that video proves nothing. untill i see OFFICIAL benches from REPITABALE places i will hold out judgement

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

RIP AMD

they had the chance to really blow the competition of the market and they failed. shame cuz i was willing to sell my 770 for whatever i could get out of it and then put the money towards getting a new R9 card BUT now looks like ill be adding another 770 i guess :/

AMD didn't have a chance to "blow the competition of the market". Really, they're not going to blow anyone up with the RnD funding they have. That being said, their graphics accelerators are still competitive. No one is stopping you from selling your 770 and buying a 290X because they're relatively quite cheap and still competitive with a 980.

And where did you get that they've totally failed? They have a new super-card coming out in the next month that promises to bring Titan X performance with low thermals, low noise and a compact signature with cutting edge VRAM tech.

Who exactly decided what the 390x was supposed be? AMD? You? Keep grasping at straws.

What's with you and "grasping at straws"? You yourself haven't tried to counter any of my points, all you do is question random concepts out of context. LOGIC, common sense, general naming conventions decided what the R9 390x was supposed to be. If that has no meaning then why even bother trying? Why not call Fiji the R6 710Q? Why not rebrand the R9 290x as the GTX 696969? Because from a marketing stand point it makes sense if you have continuity and don't confuse the living hell out of your customers.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             

CPU
               WD Green 2TB

AMD didn't have a chance to "blow the competition of the market". Really, they're not going to blow anyone up with the RnD funding they have. That being said, their graphics accelerators are still competitive. No one is stopping you from selling your 770 and buying a 290X because they're relatively quite cheap and still competitive with a 980.

And where did you get that they've totally failed? They have a new super-card coming out in the next month that promises to bring Titan X performance with low thermals, low noise and a compact signature with cutting edge VRAM tech.

the thing stopping me from selling a 770 to buy a 290x is the fact that i could put another one in and beat out a 290X

sure the 290X is kinda comparable in performance to a 290X but the power usage and heat, etc isnt worth it, but then again, the 980 isnt worth it anymore with the 980ti on the market.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

What's with you and "grasping at straws"? You yourself haven't tried to counter any of my points, all you do is question random concepts out of context. LOGIC, common sense, general naming conventions decided what the R9 390x was supposed to be. If that has no meaning then why even bother trying? Why not call Fiji the R6 710Q? Why not rebrand the R9 290x as the GTX 696969? Because from a marketing stand point it makes sense if you have continuity and don't confuse the living hell out of your customers.

No, you are basing it off things you've made up in your head.