AMD CEO Lisa Su interview, from A(PUs) to Z(en)

Bouzoo

I think their lineup is exactly what they need, they just have to deliver on performance.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Yeah but they don't spend half their conferences bragging about their crappy integrated graphics performance.

apus are their biggest money maker so of course its going to be important to them

apus are their biggest money maker so of course its going to be important to them

Let's assume that's true for a moment: it's still mostly rebadges and the same tech virtually nothing new they just cut prices and try to get rid of old stock.

Now that we're done assuming, they only reason why they get more money from APUs is because they haven't been able to compete in performance for years.

-------

Current Rig

-------

still waiting for all that hype to be true, AMD better release something awesome, currently they are just as hyped as AAA games.

funny side note:

a friend of me claims to be running a amd APU from the zen line, he got his hands on it "after sending in a driver patch to amd for his cpu, to help developing."(exact words) and while he is pretty bright and a big lier, he DOES run a AMD cpu which couldn't get confirmed by windows, which left me amazed, still doubtfull though, wouldn't surprise me if he somehow forced windows into thinking that.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I'd argue they'd get more profits because both their CPU and iGPU performance would be drastically improved, and it would certainly help PR a ton.

Carrizo-L is for dirt-cheap laptops. Carrizo is not.

A bit off topic, but wouldn't Carrizo-L be a fairly kickass fit for tablets?  If they cost less than atom and perform better than edison, then it seems like C-L would be the "go to" option.

Let's assume that's true for a moment: it's still mostly rebadges and the same tech virtually nothing new they just cut prices and try to get rid of old stock.

Now that we're done assuming, they only reason why they get more money from APUs is because they haven't been able to compete in performance for years.

no their gpus are very competitive 

I'm looking at multiple sites, and nothing really shows that the implementation of eDRAM is the reason of increased IPC.

Why don't you link it, then?

Are you joking? 3.7GHz vs. 4.4 single-core and 3.5GHz vs 4.2 multi-core and the 5775C is matching the 4790K practically across the board! That's a 15% IPC increase on top of the 3% we'd already observed. http://www.anandtech.com/show/9320/intel-broadwell-review-i7-5775c-i5-5765c/4

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

no their gpus are very competitive 

Intel's are NOW. They haven't been. Furthermore, Intel makes most of its money off of its E5 and E7 Xeons.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Are you joking? 3.7GHz vs. 4.4 single-core and 3.5GHz vs 4.2 multi-core and the 5775C is matching the 4790K practically across the board! That's a 15% IPC increase on top of the 3% we'd already observed. http://www.anandtech.com/show/9320/intel-broadwell-review-i7-5775c-i5-5765c/4

And like half of those benchmarks, 5775C is performing is ~<15% worse than the 4790k.

We are seeing that the haswell I5 4590, which have the same base and turbo config as the broadwell I7 5775C, is beating the broadwell I7 in multiple benchmarks.

And for a second or third time, if the software are not frequency depended, you will not see the benefit of the higher frequency from core I7 4790k.

I hope they work hard on their lineup for next year, they really need to show it in performance with CPU and soon with GPU release.
Also, APU with HBM combined with new GCN and Zen core now that sounds something quite promising.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

AMD always seems to deliver on marketing but not on implementation. I get it that they don't have as much R&D funds to work with as Intel or Nvidia do but they seriously have to stop promising this and that through marketing and put a product out that does well without having set so many expectations of their products. I really want to love AMD but they need to re-focus and stop playing like the underdog while trying to over-market their future products.