Asus ROG Swift PG279Q WQHD 144Hz IPS Panel and G-sync

OneManWolfPack5

Damn, this is the monitor I've been waiting for. 1440p, 100% sRGB, 144Hz+, IPS, G-Sync. What more could you want?  Hopefully it comes into stock soon.

Are you really him? 

Damn, this is the monitor I've been waiting for. 1440p, 100% sRGB, 144Hz+, IPS, G-Sync. What more could you want?  Hopefully it comes into stock soon.

Well, Acer have had a monitor wiht the same specs (144hz, not 144+hz. And no HDMI port), but with lots of glossy plastic, and a lower level of build quality. I too have been waiting for theis monitor for a long time!

Sorry if this has been answered already but what exactly is an IPS Like Panel?

Looks great though, if I didn't have the XB280HK already I'd consider it very carefully.

An IPS (and the like), compared to TN, is "just" another panel type. The advantages is vastly better viewing angels where the colors pretty much dont shift even when looking at the screen from extreme angels. The colors in them selves is much better and a lot more vibrent. Over all a much better picture.

The drawbacks however, is slower response times, thow no longer noticeable (4 vs 1 ms), and untill resently, not available with high refresh rates.

This is ofc very simplified :)

This monitor brings the disadvantages to a neglitable level in my opinion.

Without knowing the date this monitor would be available, I checked the status before driving home from work. I was VERY happy to see that it was available! But sadly, as soon as I got home, is was sold out -.-

Ordered one anyway, and it might be in stock on monday. I hope it is, and i can't wait!

Well, Acer have had a monitor wiht the same specs (144hz, not 144+hz. And no HDMI port), but with lots of glossy plastic, and a lower level of build quality. I too have been waiting for theis monitor for a long time!

An IPS (and the like), compared to TN, is "just" another panel type. The advantages is vastly better viewing angels where the colors pretty much dont shift even when looking at the screen from extreme angels. The colors in them selves is much better and a lot more vibrent. Over all a much better picture.

The drawbacks however, is slower response times, thow no longer noticeable (4 vs 1 ms), and untill resently, not available with high refresh rates.

This is ofc very simplified :)

This monitor brings the disadvantages to a neglitable level in my opinion.

I'm aware of what an ips panel is,it's the inclusion of the word type in the op that's confusing me.

If it's an IPS type panel does that actually mean it's IPS?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

It is a AHVA panel. a type of IPS :)

Cool, thatnks for the clarification :D

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I'm aware of what an ips panel is,it's the inclusion of the word type in the op that's confusing me.

If it's an IPS type panel does that actually mean it's IPS?

IPS is a trademark name of LG.  Samsung and AUO just skirt around it by making slight changes and calling it something different.

I've also really been looking forward to this monitor, but is an IPS panel really going to make a big difference over the original.

I own the PG278Q, and i'm doubtful if i will really notice the better color reproduction of the IPS with my use case (I sit directly in front of my monitor). Reviews of the original suggest it is one of the best TNs in terms of color...

I guess i'm going to have to get one before selling my other and compare them side by side... 

I've also really been looking forward to this monitor, but is an IPS panel really going to make a big difference over the original.

I own the PG278Q, and i'm doubtful if i will really notice the better color reproduction of the IPS with my use case (I sit directly in front of my monitor). Reviews of the original suggest it is one of the best TNs in terms of color...

I guess i'm going to have to get one before selling my other and compare them side by side... 

I had both before

And even directly in front of the monitor, you will notice it

Try the game Trine 2 on both :)

It's because DP 1.3 isn't out. DP 1.2 doesn't have the bandwidth to support 168.

Any rumours when it'll start showing? 

I need that 4k 120hz .